Lambo crash at Lau Pa Sat. Pregnant woman paralyzed

Ahtong

This is an old case. Didn't know the outcome is so screwed up. :angry:

trapped_in_cab_after_crash_with_lambo_mum_now_paralysed-thumbnail.jpg

A Lamborghini and a taxi crashed at Lau Pa Sat earlier this year, causing a pregnant woman to be trapped in the cab for an hour. After the accident, the woman gave birth to a premature baby and is now paralysed.

At around midnight on April 1, a silver Lamborghini collided with a taxi at the junction of Shenton Way and Cross Street. A pregnant woman was trapped in the rear passenger seat, and it took SCDF personnel about an hour to free her.

STOMPer Kelvin witnessed the rescue operation and said the taxi had been hit from behind as it was turning left.

According to a New Paper report, the impact of the crash was so great that the Lamborghini's bonnet was crushed.

The then eight months pregnant woman, who wants only to be known as Madam Ng, complained of pain in her spine as rescuers worked to free her from the taxi. She had to undergo an emergency caesarean section to deliver her baby when she arrived at Singapore General Hospital.

Both mother and child survived, but Madam Ng was paralysed from the shoulders down. Her husband says that despite everything, the family is thankful that mother and child survived the accident, and they are also grateful to the SCDF, emergency response staff and doctors.

STOMPer bee was saddened by the news and has this to say:

"Can you imagine what Madam Ng must be going through? She was probably looking forward to the birth of her child, when this terrible accident happened.

"Now, she has a newborn son, and she can't even hold him. It must be so heartbreaking.

"And all drivers out there take note; please drive carefully and spare a thought for others, even if you don't treasure your own life."

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Busterd Lambo driver!! No amount of money can compensate the paralysed woman. Life time of suffering!

Edited by Karu

Who's fault is it anyway? To be fair some taxi drivers with or without passengers drive as if they are F1 drivers....never spare a thought for the passengers' safety.... whoever's fault Madam Ng is the victim...sigh....poor child & hubby too

BTW, does anyone know what happened to that Bimond guy? The one who raced down Orchard and killed a cabby?

Whether one blame father blame mother, blame gahmen or blame god, if one take a life or cause somebody to be paralyzed, one will regret for the rest of one's life and only have oneself to blame.

Some reminders for ourselves.

1. Don't take high speed corners at zebra crossing and other pedestrian crossings. Pay a bit of $$$ and go to a proper track.

2. Don't assume other drivers will give way to you.

3. Don't assume pedestrian will stop for you, especially children.

4. Don't beat the red lights.

Fellow bros, drive safely.

(edited)

Everyday I hear lots of sports car racing down Shenton Way. Please la. If want to race, go Tuas.

Not Tuas please , go MY can speed at 350Km/h

Edited by Jasonjst

Supersonic

Not Tuas please , go MY can speed at 350Km/h

Disagree. MY no ppl or families driving on the road izit?

Take it to the track.

Who's fault is it anyway? To be fair some taxi drivers with or without passengers drive as if they are F1 drivers....never spare a thought for the passengers' safety.... whoever's fault Madam Ng is the victim...sigh....poor child & hubby too

I suspect taxi loh did not check blind spot [mad]

want to speed, go to the tracks..anyway a lambo is supposed to drive as slow as possible on the road to let others admire..speeding serve no purpose

Hypersonic

This is really sad. [bigcry] I feel bad for the family and especially the woman who has to be responsible for some b@stard's idiotic behaviour. Sue him millions!!! If he drives a lambo, he has got the money to compensate.

Sorry if i missed out any info on this accident. Why never heard or seen any Singaporean kind hearted donate money to this family?

This is really sad. [bigcry] I feel bad for the family and especially the woman who has to be responsible for some b@stard's idiotic behaviour. Sue him millions!!! If he drives a lambo, he has got the money to compensate.

Neutral Newbie

shenton way's speed limit is 60 km/h.....i bet tat lambo was nowhere near 60 km/h judging fr the damage done....pui!

He should have been wrapped on a lampost or tree instead!

Now we know what happen to the lady, what about the driver?what is his punishment?

shenton way's speed limit is 60 km/h.....i bet tat lambo was nowhere near 60 km/h judging fr the damage done....pui!

Every time see them drag at 60km/h on busy road also sim tia [:(] Waste petrol [laugh]

↡ Advertisement