Last Train to JB..............

KARTer

Supercharged

i went there at about 750am monday, got the ticket (no queue).. went for meetings and then back at the station for the train which left 1pm..

Because school open already. Sat and Sun, many families bring their children.

Actually, the scenery along the railroad is very natural. You can still find "jungle" in Singapore with lalang, banana trees, etc.

Perhaps it is a good idea for National Park to keep this corridor, or part of it.

neh, they'll prob build more condos

it will be blardy ugly sight if they do that, i thought they mentioned they will keep the green along certain stretch.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

got lah, maybe before you guys were even born [laugh] , took it to KL in the early 80s once........... actually train trips seem good if not in a hurry... will do more tran trips and wander around west MY next time.....

The diesel trains are being phased out. This is probably the reason virtually no effort is spent on upgrading them these years. By 2014-2015, all west-coast intercity trains will probably run on electricity. This is the kind of intercity trains being used further north, at areas where electrification work has completed:

ne_07.1.jpg

They can probably reach KL from JB in about 3 to 3.5 hours.

Edited by Hwt

Some bros might have taken their last ride...

When i heard the last train will run on 30 June, i quickly bought the ticket and took it to JB this afternoon.... i must say the trip and $13 (sin2Jb) and 3Ringgits (JB2sin) were well worth the time.

The TPagar station was packed with people, mm and men took their long lens to take pictures everywhere and every corners....

The scenary during the trip, though normal to many, to me it's interesting as the train went pass bushes, industrial estates, HDB, landed properties... schools, under the tunnels, over the bridges...

By now, most passengers were there to taste their 'last trip' on this train.... when the train passed road junctions, passersby waved and took picture (making us passengers a bit like VIPs)...

The train even stopped at the bukit timah station for about half an hour (not in its usual schedule) to let passengers get down to take pics.... passengers also took pics of visitors at the station who in turn took picture of the train and its passengers............. i jumped off the train and stood on the station platform to take pics also...

BTW, i found something could be the only one in the world:- normally if we go from country A to B, we go through the respective immigration/custom checks in the same order/sequence. But when I went from SGP to JB, i first cleared MY check points and then SGP check points, ie reversed order!! :D:o

OMG u're damn lucky, I never have a chance to disembark at Bukit Timah station but it was a great experience overall. I was busy taking photos from Tanjong Pagar till Woodlands checkpoint standing at the door feeling the wind and enjoying the scenery. Great Experience... [thumbsup]

BTW, i found something could be the only one in the world:- normally if we go from country A to B, we go through the respective immigration/custom checks in the same order/sequence. But when I went from SGP to JB, i first cleared MY check points and then SGP check points, ie reversed order!! :D:o

It's been like that for awhile already..In fact, its actualy pointed out in wiki..

It's been like that for awhile already..In fact, its actualy pointed out in wiki..

Ya a lot of us were shocked why our passports were not stamped... and many of us 1st timers took cautious steps when we reached JB station. There were lots of buzz with regards to being taken away, stripped and do duck walks etc... lol... until when we realized that everyone was in the same boat that we decided to head out of the complex.

Because school open already. Sat and Sun, many families bring their children.

Actually, the scenery along the railroad is very natural. You can still find "jungle" in Singapore with lalang, banana trees, etc.

Perhaps it is a good idea for National Park to keep this corridor, or part of it.

Yes, NParks should learn something there and make our parks more natural... the lalang (its really overgrown) reminds my KL friends here their rural country sides... :D

↡ Advertisement