Allow HSBC to sell your personal details

Kezg1

Chance upon this news and I don't know if most people knew about it.....I for 1 do not know [:(]

HSBC Fine Print

Submitted by hallion on April 27, 2011 - 8:48pm

HSBC upgraded their ATM cards in the past several months, Customers were told within a few weeks the old card will expire even know I still had months if not 1 year to left, all sounds good.

What HSBC didn't tell their customers that once you use started using the new card your old conditions agreement was void and new agreement give the bank the right to sell your personal details all in small fine print !

I have looked at my old ATM card customers agreement (Small Print) and the new customers agreement side by side, HSBC has added this clause into the new customers agreement, tell you that HSBC has the right to pass on / sell your personal details for marketing etc. Since I've started using my new ATM, I get SMS / calls selling services etc by HSBC or agents. Today I was in my Local branch, 2 other people were complaining about the same think.

HSBC staff were very red faced when this was brought to thier attention in black and white about the "upgrade " to the small print. Every customer need to be a where of this new clause.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

same here. i had blacklisted all keywords to spam so that they dont ring on my phone.

occasionally some of those crap still seep thru :angry:

(edited)

I think it's a stupid marketing strategy cos most will be pissed receiving spam calls & msg.

Edited by Watwheels

just now received a call by HSBC selling me their insurance plans...... its more of like upgrade to the existing plan.....

How do you guys reject them before they blah blah blah on the things they selling huh.....?

i hate this.

the calls are damn irritating and especially call during my meeting.

now is getting worst, even after 8pm also call.

anyone got any idea how to stop all those irritating calls from the banks, insurance companies and property agents?

i hate this.

anyone got any idea how to stop all those irritating calls from the banks, insurance companies and property agents?

i got a call lastnight at abt 10pm. Mobile no. Thot my frd's new no. but turn out to be from city bank. Unbelieveable.

just now received a call by HSBC selling me their insurance plans...... its more of like upgrade to the existing plan.....

How do you guys reject them before they blah blah blah on the things they selling huh.....?

hang up the phone? it's easy.

Turbocharged

i hate this.

I get the same problem. They will sell your info with or without your permission.

The way to minimize is to avoid revealing your HP number in those lucky draws, forms etc etc but they are many other ways that your HP number can be circulated. :angry:

Supersonic

One thing good about smartphone.

You can use apps to blacklist all these irritating numbers.

SMS spam is perfectly legal in SG, thanks to IDA.

All you need is put <ADV> and spam away with no ill effects.

Most of them comes from sms spamming software.

It's like spamming email, now you can spam mobile phones as well.

Turbocharged

I think all these junk calls added up will waste quite a significant part of our lives, can we SUE them based on this? [laugh]

I'ev got an idea!! This is what we are going to do.

1. Save the HP number that SMSed or called you. If they call you from landline, try to obtain their personal HP saying that you'll need to call them back later in the evening.

2. Go attend every property launch, event, sales and give THAT number to those people. The best will be financial institutions. Fill up forms and questionaire with the highest income bracket.

3. Keep repeating (2)

They will still call you but at least you know someone else is calling them. [laugh] [laugh]

i got a call lastnight at abt 10pm. Mobile no. Thot my frd's new no. but turn out to be from city bank. Unbelieveable.

U can complain formally to citibank as Association of Banks Singapore has a guideline stipulating business solicitation calls from banks Not to be beyond 9pm Monday to sat. Sunday strictly no calls.

i hate this.

I will just say Not Free n kill the call.

Turbocharged

I will just say Not Free n kill the call.

sometimes you hang up your call to pick up this call, thinking that it might be an oversea client because no number displayed.

Or when you are in the shower and rushed out becoz you are expecting an important call.

Usually they get an earful of expletives from me. Not that it helps but I dun care.

Last Saturday evening, I was happily enjoying my dinner when my phone rang. My phone does not normally ring on weekends us unless it is something urgent. I ran over, picked up and it was some sales fella. I asked him rather loudly what is he thinking calling me at that time of the day? He said I don't have to shout. I told him I will talk to him exactly the way I want to becoz he called. If not happy, dun call. He can fcuk off and die for all i care. Don't these people have more meaningful jobs to do? Go be a waiter or bus driver, at least more productivity. Absolutely despise them. [shakehead]

another time this angmo called me on my private number and said he got the info from the bank. I told him friggin b-------t becoz that number is pretty confidential (I kindof know where he got it). He think he angmo I will give face. Yeah, b-------t. [thumbsdown]

↡ Advertisement