[Video] Will you stand up for them?

Ahtong

I've seen Lesbian couples with kids and the kids call one of them Dad.

Frankly If God wants gay in the world, he would have created Adam and Steve.

Neutral Newbie

if you watch to the end, it says that they did the same thing in NYC and hardly anyone spoke up against the waitress... it's none of their business... I think it's just like SG... too many pple can't be bothered about the problems of others...

A personal experience that I'll like to share... when i was in the USA, outskirts of washington dc, my car was in the parking lot of a supermarket and couldn't start and I had the bonnet open... within minutes several people actually offered to help me start my car with their jumper cable.. i don't think you will see this often in SG..

Hypersonic

Yep, I had the same experience. When my car battery died in a highway petrol station in Canada, a nice guy came and help me jumpstart the car. And his car was even older than mine!

Here? People see you with the cables and bonnet open, they drive off even faster. [laugh]

Yep, I had the same experience. When my car battery died in a highway petrol station in Canada, a nice guy came and help me jumpstart the car. And his car was even older than mine!

Here? People see you with the cables and bonnet open, they drive off even faster. [laugh]

coz do wrongly, and your own car will stall.

Turbocharged

if you watch to the end, it says that they did the same thing in NYC and hardly anyone spoke up against the waitress... it's none of their business... I think it's just like SG... too many pple can't be bothered about the problems of others...

A personal experience that I'll like to share... when i was in the USA, outskirts of washington dc, my car was in the parking lot of a supermarket and couldn't start and I had the bonnet open... within minutes several people actually offered to help me start my car with their jumper cable.. i don't think you will see this often in SG..

It's a symptom of city life lah... but since singapore is a city-state, without a rural area, we won't know if locals will actually exhibit such helpfulness in a more relaxed setting.

I've also experienced while cycling in malaysia, out of the city areas. Tired of cycling, started walking and pushing my bike along to enjoy the scenery. There are motorists who slow down and ask if my bike was punctured and if I needed help to get to the nearest town to get it fixed. But this is in rural area, of course, people are more relaxed and not in a rush. Also, crime is not so big a problem in that area (further north and not anywhere near JB!) and strangers are treated with less suspicion.

Turbocharged

The second man in the video who spoke up wore ear-rings so I thought he could actually be a liberal too [laugh] But not the 2 other men sitting with him, looked fairly conservative.

Still this shows a quality that is good in their society - that there are always decent people who can think for themselves and will stand up to defend their beliefs, and others too. And the way they handle the waitress is done firmly without raised voices or degenerating into argument.

Hypersonic

coz do wrongly, and your own car will stall.

Simply said, that' just a typical excuse.

It's very easy to jumpstart a car. Pray tell, how do you stall a car by just helping to jumpstart?

One irony of city life is that I am so used to people minding their own business that if someone was to proactively help me, I would feel very suspicious. [sweatdrop]

This should be the NY version they talked about

The Ukrainian chick near the end is soooo hawt. :wub: What was the whole thing about again? [laugh]

They very stingy scared you use his battery and make his battery die faster by 1 day...

Simply said, that' just a typical excuse.

It's very easy to jumpstart a car. Pray tell, how do you stall a car by just helping to jumpstart?

yea... how u stall? i also want to know... i've jump started my own cars a few times.

↡ Advertisement