Man uses master key to steal from three cars, how???

Billcoke

(edited)

I thought all the remote control keys are unique, no?? When I request for extra keys, they car agents always tell me that they need send the request to HQ and duplicate the keys in their car factory.

---------------

AsiaOne

Tue, Jun 28, 2011

SINGAPORE - Police from Central Police Division yesterday arrested a 38-year-old man for allegedly stealing about $330 worth of cash cards and valuables from vehicles in the vicinity of Beach Road.

It is believed he used a master key to unlock at least three cars at an open-air car park. He stole cash cards amounting to $150, a GPS also valued at $150 and $30 worth of parking coupons.

The suspect was arrested at 3pm at Pending Road. He will be charged in court on Wednesday, June 29 for theft.

If convicted he could face a maximum sentence of three years jail or with fine or both.

[email protected]

Edited by Billcoke
↡ Advertisement

(edited)

I thought all the remote control keys are unique, no?? When I request for extra keys, they car agents always tell me that they need send the request to HQ and duplicate the keys in their car factory.

---------------

AsiaOne

Tue, Jun 28, 2011

SINGAPORE - Police from Central Police Division yesterday arrested a 38-year-old man for allegedly stealing about $330 worth of cash cards and valuables from vehicles in the vicinity of Beach Road.

It is believed he used a master key to unlock at least three cars at an open-air car park. He stole cash cards amounting to $150, a GPS also valued at $150 and $30 worth of parking coupons.

The suspect was arrested at 3pm at Pending Road. He will be charged in court on Wednesday, June 29 for theft.

If convicted he could face a maximum sentence of three years jail or with fine or both.

[email protected]

There is this analysing instrument the Locksmiths use to identify and duplicate such remote keys. No need to go to HQ/factory...

Edited by Good-Carbuyer

(edited)

they need clearance because they don wan their own staff to steal cars.

ask any locksmith and they can open any locks in less than 2 minutes.

remote signal? u can buy those remote signal scan from china for less than US$200. can disable or open any alarm system.

Edited by Tom_kkh

No lar don't need HQ unless you get from Agent. Vendors outside are able to reprogram your remote or duplicate your keys easily. Can reset alarm, even immobiliser also can.

Conventional locks and keys still the best if you want to be safe.

Er....didn't this thief use a metal key to open the cars?

How so conventional key are better?

I know motorbike locks are the easiest to open.

My Honda super four key can open many other Honda bikes!! Motorcycle keyholes are very well worn, so easier. Car door keys might be harder, as most people did not even insert their key into the door key hole once!! The keyhole tread still new, harder to open compared to worn out internal thread.

I have not even inserted my Honda jazz key into the door keyhole once before. Day one using the aft market keyless system already!!

Conventional locks and keys still the best if you want to be safe.

Er....didn't this thief use a metal key to open the cars?

How so conventional key are better?

I know motorbike locks are the easiest to open.

My Honda super four key can open many other Honda bikes!! Motorcycle keyholes are very well worn, so easier. Car door keys might be harder, as most people did not even insert their key into the door key hole once!! The keyhole tread still new, harder to open compared to worn out internal thread.

I have not even inserted my Honda jazz key into the door keyhole once before. Day one using the aft market keyless system already!!

But later versions of the super4 came with HISS keys which had stored data. You can't turn the keys because the bike won't recognize the information stored if it was used for a different bike.

But in reality, if a professional thief wanted to steal your car, he'd do it anyway. Dosen't matter if you've got S-Class or 7-series security systems.

↡ Advertisement