Woman scratched SMRT worker

Latka

Straits Times

Jun 29, 2011

Woman scratched SMRT worker

By Elena Chong

A WOMAN was found guilty yesterday of using criminal force on an SMRT station manager at a train station.

Chinese national Wang Shu Jun, 35, a permanent resident, was convicted of scratching the hands of Ms Chua Hui Keng, 28, at the Serangoon MRT station, at about 11pm last Sept 10.

The prosecution's case is that the station manager had stopped Wang and her six-year-old son at the lift for not paying the boy's train fare. When she asked Wang to follow her, the woman replied that she would return after taking her son to a friend waiting at a taxi stand. When Ms Chua refused, an argument broke out. She then snapped some photos of Wang, who tried to snatch the camera.

In the midst of a struggle, Wang scratched the victim's hand and pulled the cord of her walkie-talkie.

In her defence, Wang, who did not have a lawyer, demanded to know what right Ms Chua had to take her picture. She admitted it was her fault the child's fare had not been paid but denied using criminal force.

District Judge Eugene Teo adjourned the case to July 12 for sentencing. The maximum penalty is three months' jail and up to $500 in fines.

↡ Advertisement

No wonder PRCs keep coming here. If she were in China court, very much doubt she wud squeek a sound to the judge.

Here, she can 'demand to know'. WTF.

I say foregt the jail sentence and fine, deport her back to China.

'the woman replied that she would return after taking her son to a friend waiting at a taxi stand'

nice try -_-

That statement cannot be proven untrue. So I think the court cannot do much on the cheating part.

Interesting the scratch n physical abuse can be substantiated!

So she was charged with causing hurt.

Now I know how to get out of such cases in future!!

That statement cannot be proven untrue. So I think the court cannot do much on the cheating part.

Interesting the scratch n physical abuse can be substantiated!

So she was charged with causing hurt.

Now I know how to get out of such cases in future!!

i think she did admit not paying for her 6-year old child.

Hypersonic

Jail+fine.. THEN deport..

Good.. We don't need these PR.. But what if she PR becoz she married a sgrean?

(edited)

My point is she was found guilty of criminal force on smrt staff.....and the report did not mention guilty on cheating smrt.

There are many loopholes in law.

She insist she will return to pay....so it's hard to prove she is telling lies or cheating the system. Just saying.

i think she did admit not paying for her 6-year old child.

Edited by SimonTan

Jail+fine.. THEN deport..

whats the rule on deportation? i hope they make deportation and a travel ban into the country once a FT/PR gets convicted in a court of law or once he faces a fine of more than $500 !

All these FT sibei aggressive ..... seems like the gahmen had to do something...heavy punishment for them...but then again..FT are their pets..they will just ignore...singaporeans life is cheap and we must defend ourself.

Turbocharged

whats the rule on deportation? i hope they make deportation and a travel ban into the country once a FT/PR gets convicted in a court of law or once he faces a fine of more than $500 !

IIRC, once deport, cannot return to SGP liao..

IIRC, once deport, cannot return to SGP liao..

Hahaha, you believe that ... i heard a lot will just get a new identity, new passport and they are back again.

Many many bad incidents that I have encountered with FT .... as the saying goes ... if you cannot beat them, join them. I am learning to live with having so many FT around. But hell, some of their behaviour are really poor.

It's very demoralizing when I read about these things on a near daily basis.

But if we migrate, we would be such similar problems to the citizens in the new country as well.

Where can we go? Or rather, what can we do to make this place seem like our home again?