Lornie Road

Puteh83

Yup  [nod]

70 km/h

Still have not ride on the new lornie rd after opening. Still quite confused, can motorist still able to choose to use the old lornie rd to get to farrer rd direction and PIE now? Or old rd already closed?

↡ Advertisement

For now u still can use the old lornie to go farrer via a temp

road connector near sime road. This road connector will bring u back into the new road near the PIE slip roads. However the new road is more straight and easier to drive through now.

Outsourcing is simply a ploy by the old birds to reduce their workload while collecting the same amount of pay.

Anything goes wrong, just push the blame to the contractor.

If things go well, take the credit and performance bonus and pat the contractor on the back.

Another conspiracy theory: many contractors are owned by bosses with links to PAPa and its grassroots.

To be honest, 10 years ago roads are way better than today.

The main reasons are:

1. Foreign labour, they are really not as good as those old uncle paving crew, most of these uncle crew old liao all retired or they mixed with foreign labour workmanship suffers quite bad especially at the pavement joint area, rutting occurs to easily then followed by cracking then asphalt chipping away.

2. Curing time, asphalt (W3B and B1) require time to allow it to cool down and gain strength. Ideally its 24hours budden in Singapore, where got the time to wait for you to slowly cure de. abit jam people call 1800-Call LTA liao. then ITSO (LTA commend center) will F the contractor to faster open the road. How can the asphalt cure properly?  Sometime contractor kenna those people wind down window curse and swear at your whole family de. 

3. Tender sum too low, the govt also brainless de like i mention earlier only know how pay top dollar for leaders but bottom dollar for the people doing the job. If you are the maintenance contractor, you want to pave the road often meh? no $$ to earn whom wanna do sia SOR is as good as base sum nth to earn de. I kenna one CAG rep who once told me " your boss earn alot leh, then i told him if dun earn alot how to pay us bonus? no bonus for working under the sun, at night and those god forsaken hours who wanna work for him? If work is tough and you get peanuts, would you wanna work? all of us should just resign and join the govt sector. 

4. LTA is total outsource unlike in the past there is RDC and PWD, they are under govt so if the contractor not obedient gt people can stand in and do. Even LTA is dependent on the maintenance contractor, have we gone backwards in the push to cut cost?

Edited by Beehive3783

Not true. My usual route to office is generally light today compared to other normal working days.

As for viaducts in general, I am thankful that the stretch from Lornie all the way to Queensway is one continuous stretch without traffic stops during peak hours. This has helped to smooth out traffic a lot.

Junction at Commonwealth and Queensway? Turning at which side?

Although tomorrow is public holiday, still quite crowded on the public transport and on the road.

Anyway, which viaduct that LTA built is not a failure? Noticed another viaduct is totally failure is the junction at Commonwealth Rd and Queenway, the traffic turning at this junction is always long queue and heavy.  [thumbsdown] 

Not true. My usual route to office is generally light today compared to other normal working days.

As for viaducts in general, I am thankful that the stretch from Lornie all the way to Queensway is one continuous stretch without traffic stops during peak hours. This has helped to smooth out traffic a lot.

Junction at Commonwealth and Queensway? Turning at which side?

Junction at Commonwealth and Queensway, turning at all sides.

Still have not ride on the new lornie rd after opening. Still quite confused, can motorist still able to choose to use the old lornie rd to get to farrer rd direction and PIE now? Or old rd already closed?

Yes, you can still use the old Lornie Rd if you insist.

But you have to come by Thomson Rd (besides Mt Alvernia Hosp), go straight to Lornie Rd (below Lornie Viaduct)

Keep left at a split junction (don't go right, you'll go into the new Lornie Highway)

The left road will go into an underpass (under Lornie Highway), then you'll go back to the Lornie Rd. [:p]

But you might be disappointed that the old Lornie Rd still join back to the new Lornie Highway further down. [laugh]

Yes, you can still use the old Lornie Rd if you insist.

But you have to come by Thomson Rd (besides Mt Alvernia Hosp), go straight to Lornie Rd (below Lornie Viaduct)

Keep left at a split junction (don't go right, you'll go into the new Lornie Highway)

The left road will go into an underpass (under Lornie Highway), then you'll go back to the Lornie Rd. [:p]

But you might be disappointed that the old Lornie Rd still join back to the new Lornie Highway further down. [laugh]

Ohh, sounds confusing. Lol. If eventually still join back the new road, no wonder no one using the old rd liao.

Actually I feel there is no need for ns expressway already. Cte traffic actually improved as compared to few years ago. Also with government now limit to no new coe quota will be added, it effectively cap on the number of cars on the road.

Plus nowadays the jam is shifted to other parts of expressway like TPE to new upper changi road and the reverse during morning and evening peak hours. Then also kpe is getting more and more jam.

So yeah.. The ns expressway to me will be a big waste of money to build as of current traffic cte condition now.

Sorry. I don’t agree with you. I live in Woodlands and works in town. It takes me 50 mins to 1 hour on average on usual days and less than 40 mins since the start of November due to sch exams etc.

Worst case for me was almost 2 hours. Left house at 7.45 but reach after 9.30 due to heavy rain and jam. There was more than 1 occasion where CTE had 2 accidents and BKE/PIE had one. Which ever route I take also jam.

Therefore the new NSC is necessary. On the contrary, the government took too long to build it, delaying multiple times.

Sorry. I don’t agree with you. I live in Woodlands and works in town. It takes me 50 mins to 1 hour on average on usual days and less than 40 mins since the start of November due to sch exams etc.

Worst case for me was almost 2 hours. Left house at 7.45 but reach after 9.30 due to heavy rain and jam. There was more than 1 occasion where CTE had 2 accidents and BKE/PIE had one. Which ever route I take also jam.

Therefore the new NSC is necessary. On the contrary, the government took too long to build it, delaying multiple times.

Like as if new nsc will cut down your travel time by a lot. The problem is the distance from woodlands to town. There is no escape to it distance longer travel time longer.

I just based on my observation that cte traffic did improved a little bit as compared to few years back. Now the traffic build up is at TPE expressway, and that is getting from bad to worst. From few years back traffic at TPE quite smooth even during peak hours till now start stop traffic.

Like as if new nsc will cut down your travel time by a lot. The problem is the distance from woodlands to town. There is no escape to it distance longer travel time longer.

I just based on my observation that cte traffic did improved a little bit as compared to few years back. Now the traffic build up is at TPE expressway, and that is getting from bad to worst. From few years back traffic at TPE quite smooth even during peak hours till now start stop traffic.

TPE towards SLE or airport?

Towards airport and back.. That stretch is getting very terrible during peak hour.

I agree with u, try putting ERP on that stretch similar to CTE pricing. Maybe that’ll improve the situation.

Towards airport and back.. That stretch is getting very terrible during peak hour.

I find evening peak towards SLE getting a bit better these days. 

I agree with u, try putting ERP on that stretch similar to CTE pricing. Maybe that’ll improve the situation.

You want to try this. 3 mths moving average vs speed limit.

Slower than speed limit by:

< 10km/h: $0

11km/h - 20km/h: $10

21km/h - 30km/h: $20

31km/h - 40km/h: $30

41km/h - 50km/h: $40

> 51km/h: $50

I don’t encourage speeding.

Even though there is ERP on CTE, sometimes the traffic there also not much improvement?!

Even though there is ERP on CTE, sometimes the traffic there also not much improvement?!

Nowadays CTE traffic start at around 6.50am then peak at around 7.45am, then slowly become not so heavy by 8.20am and till 8.45am.. than slowly start to heavy again.

Must be the $1 + $6 dollars ERP.. Super expensive and thus 8.20am to 8.45am traffic not that heavy..

Nowadays CTE traffic start at around 6.50am then peak at around 7.45am, then slowly become not so heavy by 8.20am and till 8.45am.. than slowly start to heavy again.

Must be the $1 + $6 dollars ERP.. Super expensive and thus 8.20am to 8.45am traffic not that heavy..

Not expensive enough lah.  Should start from $10 per gantry.  Confirm no car.

Stay at home lor. 

↡ Advertisement