FT students get free PR after grad

Mecontle

Our students can obtain Singapore PR immediately after graduating

Temasek Review

According to the website of NUS NanoCore, an interdisciplinary research collaboration in the science and technology of the nano-scale

↡ Advertisement

Our students can obtain Singapore PR immediately after graduating

Temasek Review

According to the website of NUS NanoCore, an interdisciplinary research collaboration in the science and technology of the nano-scale

Turbocharged

yes, this is true.

one of my prc database admin 10yrs ago told me he graduated from ntu, our gahmen 'invited' him to be a pr in sg.. or i would rather say, tolong..

he's still a pr now.. he still maintains his stand.. he will not give up his prc citizenship.

(edited)

It may have long history/legacy, but does not mean we have to take it without questioning. Times have changed. The PRC and Indians are the new rich. Obviously, they can afford to go overseas to study without any financial assistance from the host countries. Why are we still paying up for them? Need review of this scheme.

All the Western countries Unis are now making $$$ out from foreign students. We are the only one paying for them to come here???

Edited by Kangadrool

wat the agenda of this article :huh:

not to vote for him, so medicine man or the ex ntuc man better [laugh]

Voting for whoever makes no difference, our president looks good on paper as being the country's top man, but is as good as powerless.

His decisions are mainly influenced by the cabinet.

We can't even tell him who not to shake hands with or what time he can play golf.

But voting against any ex-P8P man who may be deemed as a yes man will have a difference.

Like prataman never continue chasing what OCT asked for and failed to get the answer.

It is only when someone who goes in and wreck "havoc", then we'll be able to see some accountbility and transparency.

Now I smell something, is the increase of annual payout salary for the president raised so that it can attract TT who can earn much more outside the private sector?

yes, this is true.

one of my prc database admin 10yrs ago told me he graduated from ntu, our gahmen 'invited' him to be a pr in sg.. or i would rather say, tolong..

he's still a pr now.. he still maintains his stand.. he will not give up his prc citizenship.

Maybe he is those "Once a PRC, always A PRC!" kind of attitude.

All the Western countries Unis are now making $$$ out from foreign students. We are the only one paying for them to come here???

Suck Singaporean blood to pay them to come here...we serve NS yet still must pay...no money take loan...

Should make those 60% pay.

It may have long history/legacy, but does not mean we have to take it without questioning. Times have changed. The PRC and Indians are the new rich. Obviously, they can afford to go overseas to study without any financial assistance from the host countries. Why are we still paying up for them? Need review of this scheme.

If don't offer them some freebies, how to make them come over?

Especially when SG keep harping and claiming that it wants to be an education hub.

Look at the whole FT educational industry by going to those private schools, you'll know what type of "students" we have attracted.

If don't offer them some freebies, how to make them come over?

Especially when SG keep harping and claiming that it wants to be an education hub.

Look at the whole FT educational industry by going to those private schools, you'll know what type of "students" we have attracted.

So, it just mean our polys and unis are not that prestigious or competitive against other western unis lor.

Hmmm, something to pondered.

This policy has indeed robbed deserving Singaporeans of places in our local university and deprived of good employment prospects upon graduation.

This reversed discrimination against locals effectively means that hard earned taxpayers monies have been used against our best interest, as taxpayers moneis were used to sponsor scholarships and living expenses for foreigners to the detriment of deserving citizens who were squeezed out of a place in the local universities. Maybe the intention was somewhat good, but it flies in the face of logic when you look at its impact from then up till the present days. I tried very hard to see the positives, but so far have been largely unsuccessful.

Remember we are looking for an EP who will look after the interest of the citizens, what do you make of the aptitude of the person responsible for this policy?