New taxi model: Hyundai i30

Wubb

anyone read The Straits Times Life section today? Premier Taxis bought a fleet of Hyundai i30 1.6 Turbodiesel taxis!

↡ Advertisement

Do they really need the turbo? More reason for taxi unker to hv that racer boy feeling. :angry:

its the damn euro IV standards that must have turbo for "cleaner" diesel.

knn just give them the petrol non TC car la.

haiz :angry:

(edited)

why we cant get same tax discount for euro IV diesel but commercial van can? need to set fire on someone's face again?

Edited by Mecontle

Wow nice! Hyundai i30SW... does it comes with sunroof? [laugh]

Actually in Singapore... midsize cars are just nice for taxi use... less costly for the taxi drivers to maintain too which in turn allow them to bring home slightly more home.

taxi pay $5K per year diesel tax, u want??

thats the diff lah, our diesel tax only 1.25, so for 1.6 still only 1.9K, but dun think there is much savings unless your mileage 50k per annum

News also say the co die die bidded at $56k to die die secure the COE.

So you see....it's more or less true that taxi co is driving the demand for CAT.A prices!!

Power for the 1.6 diesel powerplant is pretty low ... depending on which engine, power is rated at only around 114bhp assuming the taxis are mated to an automatic gearbox....

Don't think any boyracer feelings will erupt from the cabbies [:p]

News also say the co die die bidded at $56k to die die secure the COE.

So you see....it's more or less true that taxi co is driving the demand for CAT.A prices!!

Yes, bro. You noticed that $ too.

Meaning the rest of taxi company will very highly follow and bid at that $ for NEXT coming bidding.

So end result is higher COE again.....

Yes, bro. You noticed that $ too.

Meaning the rest of taxi company will very highly follow and bid at that $ for NEXT coming bidding.

So end result is higher COE again.....

yes. CAT A, which the taxi companies bid in, will hit 60k very very soon.

Power for the 1.6 diesel powerplant is pretty low ... depending on which engine, power is rated at only around 114bhp assuming the taxis are mated to an automatic gearbox....

Don't think any boyracer feelings will erupt from the cabbies [:p]

Diesel is about Torque not Horsepower........ Diesel runs out of breath at high revs but huge amount of torque at low revs

Diesel is about Torque not Horsepower........ Diesel runs out of breath at high revs but huge amount of torque at low revs

runs out of breath at high revs??

when my mini which somrtime the sonata taxi driver going very fast, and tail gate me at mid-night, it was very hard to get them off... even i go up to 180km/h or sometime i give up let them pass, and i can say those taxi overtake me over 200km/h!!!! and their pickup is super good from 100 to 180!!!

but i think from 0-100 their taxi is not very good compare to my mini, but they can win me from 100km/h to 180km/h

Turbocharged

runs out of breath at high revs??

when my mini which somrtime the sonata taxi driver going very fast, and tail gate me at mid-night, it was very hard to get them off... even i go up to 180km/h or sometime i give up let them pass, and i can say those taxi overtake me over 200km/h!!!! and their pickup is super good from 100 to 180!!!

but i think from 0-100 their taxi is not very good compare to my mini, but they can win me from 100km/h to 180km/h

you loss to high CC not. you mini 1.6 right?? sonata taxi was 3.0??