New taxi model: Hyundai i30

Wubb

Neutral Newbie

its the damn euro IV standards that must have turbo for "cleaner" diesel.

knn just give them the petrol non TC car la.

haiz :angry:

petrol engine is not as economical as diesel... that's why they choose to use diesel...

↡ Advertisement

runs out of breath at high revs??

when my mini which somrtime the sonata taxi driver going very fast, and tail gate me at mid-night, it was very hard to get them off... even i go up to 180km/h or sometime i give up let them pass, and i can say those taxi overtake me over 200km/h!!!! and their pickup is super good from 100 to 180!!!

but i think from 0-100 their taxi is not very good compare to my mini, but they can win me from 100km/h to 180km/h

Your driving sucks loh.. u don't know how to bring out the full potential of your car and u make a good car look bad.. [:p]

when my mini which somrtime the sonata taxi driver going very fast, and tail gate me at mid-night, it was very hard to get them off... even i go up to 180km/h or sometime i give up let them pass, and i can say those taxi overtake me over 200km/h!!!! and their pickup is super good from 100 to 180!!!

but i think from 0-100 their taxi is not very good compare to my mini, but they can win me from 100km/h to 180km/h

You got fever bo?180km/h?hahahaha.

(edited)

Really boh? Taxi going at 200kmh? I seriously doubt so, not doubt taxi top speed. But are they willing to sacrifice their ricebowl. I drive home late at night after outing & i observed that taxi will try not to drive on right most lane on expressway & if they do, once front clear they will move left if you're behind. Why such kind act from them? Because there are drunks & crazy people in the middle of the night.

Edited by Whisper_2000

And I thought school holidays was over. Haiz...

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

woah if im i30 owners, i sian 1/2...my car becomes taxi liao.

me la bro... one of the factors i brought i30 about 2 years ago is because its not so common.. now its going to be use as a model for taxi.... sian la!

Edited by Yagami85

me too la bro... one of the factors i brought i30 about 2 years ago is because its not so common.. now its going to be use as a model for taxi.... sian la!

But there are people buy car because see taxi cheong.Eg is i45.

Neutral Newbie

But there are people buy car because see taxi cheong.Eg is i45.

i45 look where got the same as the sonata taxi seh!? :wacko:

dont buy kimchi car le.

new kimchi all taxi.

hyundai,

chevy epica.

next kia. haiz. the "cheapest" cars gone le.

u sure its not the other way? diesel faster pickup but no breath after 120kmh

(edited)

btw taxi r usually scared to follow after above 120, only those mit/sub/hon boy racer want to play punk will follow

Edited by Mecontle

no leh.

my car still smoke the taxis at traffic lights.

Diesel is about Torque not Horsepower........ Diesel runs out of breath at high revs but huge amount of torque at low revs

Something I already know ... What I was trying to highlight was the lack of power (in terms of horsepower or torque) of the 1.6L turbocharged engine.

The torque for the powerplant is rated at around 255nm ... although it kicks in at 1900rpm, I wouldn't say 255nm is "powerful".

Really boh? Taxi going at 200kmh? I seriously doubt so, not doubt taxi top speed. But are they willing to sacrifice their ricebowl. I drive home late at night after outing & i observed that taxi will try not to drive on right most lane on expressway & if they do, once front clear they will move left if you're behind. Why such kind act from them? Because there are drunks & crazy people in the middle of the night.

You got fever bo?180km/h?hahahaha.

then u 2 got to go out more after mid-night...

those empty taxi going super fast! some more then 200km/h maybe going to town try to get customer...

few times... i just feel like they want to play... which i go faster a bit... they will try to show off their power of sonata...

And I thought school holidays was over. Haiz...

i am very sure... as try many time... mostly from jurong west ave 4 to PIE... few light before highway...

the taxi pick up is slower then my mini... but once on PIE... when i try to step on it... the same taxi pick up from 80 to 150 faster then me! of cos i give up... as i am not rushing...

anyone read The Straits Times Life section today? Premier Taxis bought a fleet of Hyundai i30 1.6 Turbodiesel taxis!

I believe taxis already got high accidents statistic. Turbo-charged model to boost the high accidents statistic? Insurers very happy: more business/profit forth-coming. Road-users more at risk.

↡ Advertisement