New taxi model: Hyundai i30

Wubb

I believe Hyundai is not that rich to do such thing... They can't simply put the engine into a car without engineering changes...

if all the taxi companies put in request to buy, they may do it

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

if all the taxi companies put in request to buy, they may do it

Taxi market in Singapore alone will be too small for it to be possible... If US or UK request then it may be...

Maybe they can get a Forte because it is cheaper than Elantra and the new Forte will be in the market in 2013... :D

Maybe you are right, since the new forte will be launch in 2013, guess the taxi will choose the forte first. Same like the avante when the new elantra going to lauch, then they choose the avante as taxi.

Seems that the i30CW taxi is getting really common.

Hyundai Korea probably has stopped production for their Sonata NF models [the current Sonata taxis' you see on the road].

That's why CDG is sourcing for new models as replacement for the Sonata taxi.

Avante is now used by Prime Taxi. It's Orange in colour, running on our roads. Saw a few already.

Non-turbo powered Diesel's are dirty and really no power. That's why most, if not all diesels are turbo-charged these days.

But seriously, as I said before, an equivalent engine capacity petrol engine with the same number of turbochargers will be a better bet, be it for fast off the line acceleration, or reaching its top speed. =)

Of course, unless you're into fuel economy, then petrol engines, no matter how good it is, will never be able to travel as far as a Diesel engine, with comparative, 1L of fuel.

=)

i think singapore one of the few countries with so many makes of taxis...too colorful

I don't think that matters.

What matters to me, is passenger comfort, and of course, how much are the daily rentals of for these taxis, and how much the taxi uncle is actually taking back as his income......

=)

That time was school holiday period.. [laugh] [laugh]

Oh ya. That is the time we have all the Michael Shoemakers come out n tell their stories. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

i think singapore one of the few countries with so many makes of taxis...too colorful

Last time our taxis where got so many make and so colourful. Most taxis are either corona, crown or cedric.

Turbocharged

You go and find a 10km of almost straight road with not much traffic in Singapore and post here.make sure the road no bumps or traffic light so that I can recce that area.if you don't drive,don't come here b-------t.no car on the road also no one dare to hit 200km/h.oh I forgot,you speed at 170km/h pass a bend.

Er...there's lots of places to hit those sorts of speeds...

Telok Blangah via duck is one, AYE between Jurong Town Hall and second link is another, BKE also can, SLE possible.....dun play play ok.....

Neutral Newbie

Seems that the i30CW taxi is getting really common.

Hyundai Korea probably has stopped production for their Sonata NF models [the current Sonata taxis' you see on the road].

That's why CDG is sourcing for new models as replacement for the Sonata taxi.

Avante is now used by Prime Taxi. It's Orange in colour, running on our roads. Saw a few already.

Non-turbo powered Diesel's are dirty and really no power. That's why most, if not all diesels are turbo-charged these days.

But seriously, as I said before, an equivalent engine capacity petrol engine with the same number of turbochargers will be a better bet, be it for fast off the line acceleration, or reaching its top speed. =)

Of course, unless you're into fuel economy, then petrol engines, no matter how good it is, will never be able to travel as far as a Diesel engine, with comparative, 1L of fuel.

=)

i30cw is quite an ideal car to be a taxi... the interior space and boot are very big... with 1.6turbo diesel it can't go too fast as well... [laugh]

The taxi spec of the Sonata NF is still in production... You still can find it on the Hyundai Korea website...

http://www.hyundai.com/kr/ShowRoom/ShowRoo..._T&types=01

Oh ya. That is the time we have all the Michael Shoemakers come out n tell their stories. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Yeah bro.. About them overtaking a taxi on 250km/h , going on ECP at 300km/h [laugh] [laugh]

Yeah bro.. About them overtaking a taxi on 250km/h , going on ECP at 300km/h [laugh] [laugh]

I do 150kmh on our eways also must b very careful. [drivingcar]

In our roads.. I very rare go that fast.. Maybe once a month if backside itchy.. [:p] [:p]

If only backside itchy, just use finger to scratch lah. [laugh]