Can anyone guide me on the New Highway to Desaru?

Funny88

HI Bros,

Anyone is kind enough to guide me on where is the new Desaru Highway? Should I use Tuas checkpoint or Woodlands ? Can anyone help me?

Thanks

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Is there a new highway to Desaru? My last road trip to Desaru was probably 5 years ago, and I was still travelling on the same old route, from JB to Kota Tinggi, follow the signboads along the way to Desaru.

Simple.

On the Tebrau highway towards Jusco(kota tinggi), after u pass Jusco about a few km later, there is a huge signboard saying "E22 Desaru, Ulu Tiram toll" to turn left.

Toll fee is RM4.70/-.

At the other end desaru side, exit the toll and 1km down u will see a traffic junction to turn right. 1-2km further u will see petronas to turn left for desaru.

HI Bros,

Anyone is kind enough to guide me on where is the new Desaru Highway? Should I use Tuas checkpoint or Woodlands ? Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Neutral Newbie

Thanks bros. just realised lots of talks in this forum about the opening of E22. I've been driven to Desaru few times and last one was probably 5 years ago, in those years heard about they are planning to build a highway extending from pasir gudung to Desaru and was looking forward to this. As a newbie here, am really happy to find out the good news here that the highway is up. now I can start planning a revisit to Desaru via this route. i guess now the journey to reach there probable cut short by 30min?

(edited)

My first usage on E22 so didnt really monitor the time. Was more concern on getting on the right road.

But its definately a much smoother drive than the old route. No pot holes at all. Very few cars.

i reckon once u clear jbee checkpoint, to reach pulai or lotus doorstep is about 1-1hr 15mins. At average reasonable speed. ^_^

On the return trip i exit pasir gudang/masai. Toll free!!! But i think its FOC for one month nia.

Thanks bros. just realised lots of talks in this forum about the opening of E22. I've been driven to Desaru few times and last one was probably 5 years ago, in those years heard about they are planning to build a highway extending from pasir gudung to Desaru and was looking forward to this. As a newbie here, am really happy to find out the good news here that the highway is up. now I can start planning a revisit to Desaru via this route. i guess now the journey to reach there probable cut short by 30min?

Edited by Hiphiphoray

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

On the Tebrau highway towards Jusco(kota tinggi), after u pass Jusco about a few km later, there is a huge signboard saying "E22 Desaru, Ulu Tiram toll" to turn left

Any pic of this entry point to the new expressway?

Thanks.

Edited by Longcheeze

I just came back from a trip there. Stayed in Lotus Desaru.

Rooms were quite old but still ok. Mai hiam buay pia.

Place was given a good repaint.

The new highway with the new A shaped bridge is fast and smooth.

Overall, ok place for a short getaway.

Went for a day trip also during the weekend...just pay for the water park use (non-guest rate) for the kids, relax at the beach and ate seafood at Sg Rengit (full of SG cars..and long long wait) and went back quite late around 8PM...E22 nice..dark and fast...

Very easy drive...however, heavy rain on the afternoon (Sunday)..

Thanks bro. When I head back to Singapore from Desaru, the road splits in 2 directions. One going to Pasir Gudang, the other is towards Senai Airport. So I guess if I want to go Tuas, i should take the Senai exit?

↡ Advertisement