Car damaged from falling object

Tasman

Neutral Newbie

A commercial van (stationary and not driven) was parked along a 2-lanes 2-ways road doing loading/unloading of cargo. While my car was passing alongside, an object fell off and hit my car sustaining dents and stretches on the car body. Van supervisor acknowledged the accident and signed a written note for cost of repair at his appointed workshop. However, he refused to honour the written agreement, claiming it was not a car-to- van accident but rather a careless workmanship from his workers.

Can I claim repair cost from the van insurance company or claim for public liability from that company insurance? Should the company have not been insured, then I need to engage a lawyer to claim against owner of the company. Appreciate your comment

↡ Advertisement

A commercial van (stationary and not driven) was parked along a 2-lanes 2-ways road doing loading/unloading of cargo. While my car was passing alongside, an object fell off and hit my car sustaining dents and stretches on the car body. Van supervisor acknowledged the accident and signed a written note for cost of repair at his appointed workshop. However, he refused to honour the written agreement, claiming it was not a car-to- van accident but rather a careless workmanship from his workers.

Can I claim repair cost from the van insurance company or claim for public liability from that company insurance? Should the company have not been insured, then I need to engage a lawyer to claim against owner of the company. Appreciate your comment

Puzzled:

Why agreed to his appointed workshop, not your appointed workshop? I mean he could appoint one with poor workmanship and you agreed to it already?

I believe you may need lagal advice/assistance in such accident.

I will seek legal advice in this case...

The van supervisor must have got to know something to change his mind and not cooperate...

↡ Advertisement