Toyota Corolla Axio

Good-Carbuyer

Ok I do see a few of this car breakdown on the road.

Most likely due to poor servicing

serious? :blink: this is bad since there are only a few on the road. [thumbsdown]

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi Everyone

Can share anything/comments about this car? I am looking at this among others for the next car.

Fuel consumption excellent. Smooth ride. Decent performance, more than enough for SG roads. Rather generous boot and cabin space. Reliable. I would say "Value for Money" and can be "Best in class" if do an overall comparison item-by-item with same class of Jap cars (1500-1600cc class). Caveat emptor.

Below some basic research of mine I can share with you:

Source: www.sgcarmart.com.sg

Toyota Corolla Axio 1.5 X (A)

Engine capacity 1,496 cc

Power 110 bhp

Torque 140 Nm

Fuel consumption 17.2 km\L

$98,000

Toyota Corolla Altis 1.6 Elegance (A)

Engine capacity 1,598 cc

Power 107 bhp

Torque 145 Nm

Fuel consumption 12.8 km\L

$100,988

Mitsubishi Lancer EX 1.5 Elegance (A)

Engine capacity 1,499 cc

Power 109 bhp

Torque 143 Nm

Fuel consumption 14.4 km\L

$99,999

Mazda 3 Sedan 1.6 (A)

Engine capacity 1,598 cc

Power 105 bhp

Torque 144 Nm

Fuel consumption 12.3 km\L

$113,988

Honda Civic 1.6 VTi (A)

Engine capacity 1,595 cc

Power 125 bhp

Torque 151 Nm

Fuel consumption 14.2 km\L

$114,900

• Praise 1

Fuel consumption excellent. Smooth ride. Decent performance, more than enough for SG roads. Rather generous boot and cabin space. Reliable. I would say "Value for Money" and can be "Best in class" if do an overall comparison item-by-item with same class of Jap cars (1500-1600cc class). Caveat emptor.

Engine capacity 1,496 cc

Power 110 bhp

Torque 140 Nm

$98,000

Engine capacity 1,598 cc

Power 107 bhp

Torque 145 Nm

$100,988

Engine capacity 1,499 cc

Power 109 bhp

Torque 143 Nm

$99,999

Mazda 3 Sedan 1.6 (A)

Engine capacity 1,598 cc

Power 105 bhp

Torque 144 Nm

$113,988

Honda Civic 1.6 VTi (A)

Engine capacity 1,595 cc

Power 125 bhp

Torque 151 Nm

$114,900

I prefer to get it from AD though. And for Mazda3, I heard from radio that there is a free upgrade to 2.0

• Praise 1

Engine capacity 1,496 cc

Power 110 bhp

Torque 140 Nm

$98,000

Engine capacity 1,598 cc

Power 107 bhp

Torque 145 Nm

$100,988

Engine capacity 1,499 cc

Power 109 bhp

Torque 143 Nm

$99,999

Mazda 3 Sedan 1.6 (A)

Engine capacity 1,598 cc

Power 105 bhp

Torque 144 Nm

$113,988

Honda Civic 1.6 VTi (A)

Engine capacity 1,595 cc

Power 125 bhp

Torque 151 Nm

$114,900

Well done. Many thanks.

I prefer to get it from AD though. And for Mazda3, I heard from radio that there is a free upgrade to 2.0

BM also service Toyota bought from PI. Some other ADs do not honour warranty?

yes , there is a promo not to 2.0 but the price is about 116-118k - is this the original of a 1.6 mazda 3 ?

Free upgrade as in totally free (inclusive of difference in COE, road tax, insurance and car price). Or just free as in difference in car price? Then you still have to top up difference for COE....

Been driving it for three years already. Its a great budget n low FC 4-door sedan with a decent spacious boot. The gear change is smooth due to CVT gearbox. Switch to sport mode n step on the accelerator hard, u will feel its power. Sufficient for overtaking. Rear legroom is good enuf for backseat passengers.

Only thing I dont like is the suspension setup. It is setup for comfort, hard cornering, u will feel the body roll.

My sis is driving this car. Its pretty decent car and so far so good (3+yrs already). Only the regular servicing required, nothing breakdown yet.

(edited)

Been driving it for three years already. Its a great budget n low FC 4-door sedan with a decent spacious boot. The gear change is smooth due to CVT gearbox. Switch to sport mode n step on the accelerator hard, u will feel its power. Sufficient for overtaking. Rear legroom is good enuf for backseat passengers.

Only thing I dont like is the suspension setup. It is setup for comfort, hard cornering, u will feel the body roll.

You do not like this safety feature? The manufacturer incorporated the body roll safety feature for your safety. Hopefully it alerts you not to go any faster and hit a lamppost/tree.

Edited by Good-Carbuyer

CVT gear... save petrol but not for power use.. i not really like it..

i change the Suspension(coilover) within 1st 6 month.... muahaha..

You do not like this safety feature? The manufacturer incorporated the body roll safety feature for your safety. Hopefully it alerts you not to go any faster and hit a lamppost/tree.

Hur??? [hur] What safety feature??? My previous car before this was Sunny N16 n it didnt roll like the Axio did.

Have u driven a stock Axio b4???

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Hur??? [hur] What safety feature??? My previous car before this was Sunny N16 n it didnt roll like the Axio did.

Have u driven a stock Axio b4???

Haha. I think TS meant "safety feature" in commas rather than safety feature. :P Guess he meant usually one will tend not go faster when you start to feel body roll.

As Adrian mentioned, the suspension setup is tuned towards comfort, which makes sense for a sedan. TS you drive already you will know. But TS, if you don't corner very hard (i.e. at high speed), this shouldn't be an issue. Comfort and rigidity are opposite poles of a setup, improve one side compromise the other side. Personal preference of what you looking for. No right or wrong, nor good or bad.

Of course, if you are more towards sports and racing, then we will got to have a separate conversation, as 1.5L NA engine cars are not really manufactured nor intended for that purpose. Otherwise the overall setup is good from my perspective, tuned towards low fuel consumption, smooth gear shift, comfortable drive, reliable, decent performance (110bhp for a 1.5L NA engine not bad already).

Edited by Nnt1

Neutral Newbie

I would like to review Axio 2008 models cars.Please help me to advise the following

How about servicing?Understood Borono doesn't perfrom axio models.Please advise reliable service centre?

Any compliants?

Regards

I would like to review Axio 2008 models cars.Please help me to advise the following

How about servicing?Understood Borono doesn't perfrom axio models.Please advise reliable service centre?

Any compliants?

Regards

Its a Toyota.. not some Tohito brand never hear before brand... almost 99% of car workshops would beable to service a Toyota.. and parts are so readilly available. Dun need too worry lah.

↡ Advertisement