Official Opening of the Punggol and Serangoon Reservoirs

Yewheng

Twincharged

MIW will tell you our water best in the world , must match price to the 1st world .

eh don't be so negative 1st.. wait awhile longer and see how.. I mean the 2 reservoirs just open today.. so it is not very fair to judge so fast..

this is great news for SG!!!! Tomorrow wars will be fought over water. we must do all we can to collect and conserve water!

Turbocharged

why need reservoir inside island? outside big big sea cannot make dam meh?

obviously, u know nuts about water.... [laugh]

http://vivian.balakrishnan.sg/official-ope...l-and-serangoon

Now 2/3 of singapore land is under watch catchment zone.. and plus newwater plant.. I think Singapore can move away from buying water from malaysia soon..

Don't be too happy first.

These 2 reservoirs are created by daming up the rivers that flows out to the Straits of Johor.

Another words during another "freak" weather, we may see flooding somewhere, probably in the northeast region when storm water could not leave.

These 2 reservoirs are created by daming up the rivers that flows out to the Straits of Johor.

Another words during another "freak" weather, we may see flooding somewhere, probably in the northeast region when storm water could not leave.

why not turn floods into opportunities?.... make part of singapore Venice of the east.... we can row our boats to work :D (provided there's no ERP for boasts)

Twincharged
(edited)

I got email PUB about my thoughts on how to solve flooding..

Here is my thoughts.. I was thinking is it possible to build some hole opening on top half of the canel to deep sewage system (in flood prone areas).. meaning when water level reach certain height, some of the water can than be diverted to deep sewage system, where some of the sewage water gets treated and become newwater anyway. I do not know is it feasible or substainable.

I feel if it is possibe than it will be a breakthrough to solve flooding problem in future..

Edited by Yewheng

ponggol side got many empty land and trees and absorb much water like a giant sponge. doubt will flood. this is indeed very very great news for SG!

I got email PUB about my thoughts on how to solve flooding..

Here is my thoughts.. I was thinking is it possible to build some hole opening on top half of the canel to deep sewage system (in flood prone areas).. meaning when water level reach certain height, some of the water can than be diverted to deep sewage system, where some of the sewage water gets treated and become newwater anyway. I do not know is it feasible or substainable.

I feel if it is possibe than it will be a breakthrough to solve flooding problem in future..

I thought sewage water cannot mix with any other water?

It is too contaminated.

Twincharged

I thought sewage water cannot mix with any other water?

It is too contaminated.

I mean as my suggestion.. I do not know whether is it feasible.. If it can be done will be good ma.. If water level too high, some of the canal water will be able to flow to deep tunnel sewage system.. And thus be able to solve flooding problem.

Expect water bill to go up soon ...

u can forecast the future, which share prices going up? :D

↡ Advertisement