K.L Chinatown aka "Chee Cheong Kai"

Stingerquek

Hi all,planning to drive to Genting (stay 1 night there) than make my way to KL and looking at staying near Chee Cheong Kai as had not been there before.Can any bros here advise which hotel near there is safe and good (Going with wife and 8 yrs old daughter). Need a 3-4 stars hotel ;around S$100-S$120 near to Chinatown.Thanks.

↡ Advertisement

You may like to check out the swiss garden which is 5-10mins walk away from chinatown,basement carpark which look safe to me and nice room..

Below are 1 of the link to the hotel,u can compare with others website for the pricing..

Visit My Website

(edited)

Chee Cheong Kai is one of the most interesting places to visit. Lots of shopping and really good food. However, please be street smart there. It is one of the most gang infested area of KL; likewise the surrounding areas.

Don't recommend driving into that area. Traffic can be terrible, roads confusing, parking difficult to find.

Edited by Flying_genie

If u gonna buy somthing there, dun patronise those ah beng stall....thay will scold u when cant close deal.

Last two visits went stayed in Ancasa hotel...only 2mins walk to Chee Cheong Kai aka Jalan Pudu. 3star hotel but service still up to standard. If you are only visiting the area just park your car at the carpark (have guard to look after) and take the LRT nearby there. Do be careful of the area around as it a myriad of characters there....just stay low profile.

Remember to try the KL hokkien mee @ 金莲记 (old coffee shop not the airconditioned), claypot rice, BKT and dim sum. There's a popular book store there if your daughter likes books.

Hi all,planning to drive to Genting (stay 1 night there) than make my way to KL and looking at staying near Chee Cheong Kai as had not been there before.Can any bros here advise which hotel near there is safe and good (Going with wife and 8 yrs old daughter). Need a 3-4 stars hotel ;around S$100-S$120 near to Chinatown.Thanks.

If u are spending that amt of $$ u can easily get a much better hotel with enuff to spare for cab. I won't advise staying Near cck ... Anyway there isn't really a lot to buy in cck.. They will prob rip u off .

You may like to check out the swiss garden which is 5-10mins walk away from chinatown,basement carpark which look safe to me and nice room..

Below are 1 of the link to the hotel,u can compare with others website for the pricing..

Visit My Website

Thanks for the help bro [thumbsup] This website is good!

Chee Cheong Kai is one of the most interesting places to visit. Lots of shopping and really good food. However, please be street smart there. It is one of the most gang infested area of KL; likewise the surrounding areas.

Don't recommend driving into that area. Traffic can be terrible, roads confusing, parking difficult to find.

Thanks for the advise,I'm planning to drive myself to the hotel and park there for good.Either take a cab or LRT to travel around if needed.

If u gonna buy somthing there, dun patronise those ah beng stall....thay will scold u when cant close deal.

Understand,I think they operate like those Sim Lim tower stall 10 yrs ago?? [crazy]

Last two visits went stayed in Ancasa hotel...only 2mins walk to Chee Cheong Kai aka Jalan Pudu. 3star hotel but service still up to standard. If you are only visiting the area just park your car at the carpark (have guard to look after) and take the LRT nearby there. Do be careful of the area around as it a myriad of characters there....just stay low profile.

Remember to try the KL hokkien mee @ 金莲记 (old coffee shop not the airconditioned), claypot rice, BKT and dim sum. There's a popular book store there if your daughter likes books.

Actually after all the advise and reading in the net, I was thinking either Swiss inn or Ancasa should be all rite.But in the map,it looks like Ancasa is further away from CCK (2-3 mins walk?) And seen it's slighty away maybe at night will not be too noisy??Am I right? [sweatdrop]

Will be using Garmin GPS to get around......Do any bro here have the cooridinates of either Ancasa hotel or swiss inn?Thanks:)

stay at bukit bintang, take taxi and/or walk to Chee Chiong Kai... the hotel there are dodgy... i dun like it...

↡ Advertisement