Effective remedy for motion sickness?

Albeniz

18 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

i don't find much different btw 230psi and 290psi as steering feels the same.

Accordingly, i don't think contact patch is reduced when pumped to 290psi.  It is likely due to Block design of PS4.

p.s.  I just found something interesting on Michelin UK.

Michelin Primacy 3 205/45 17

RFT Load Index: 84

Non-RFT Load Index: 88

Maybe cannot use load index to adjust tyre pressure

IMHO.
it very much depends on the car.   My tyre size is  205/55R16.  
The 10 kPA difference after warm-up and the high heat of noon,  the steering is light and floaty.
Of course, 10 kPA during cold-start,  is welcome - lighter steering.
Contact patch wise, the outer side of the contact patch not really contacting the ground at higher kPA. 

Do note that at 290 kPA cold,  after warm up,  it could add another 30-40 kPA. 

I agree that maybe RFT and non-RFT maybe cannot use load index to adjust pressure. 

But your Michelin Primacy data,   somewhat makes some sense.
Assuming that the  RFT 84 can be directly replaced by non-RFT 88, with the pressure remaining constant. 
The feel should be the same. 
Taking into consideration of the variation of stiffness of the sidewalls between RFT 84, increasing from 260 kPA could be similar to what you are experiencing ?

Pressure is something very scenario based.  If fully loaded,  some vehicle requires higher pressure.   If not sure get motion sickness. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Watwheels said:

I'm scratching my head. How ppl can get motion sickness in the car and on our roads?  On average our travel time is around 30mins of driving niah. 😂

You guys stare the phone is it? But cant be. I stare the phone while someone else is driving I also wont get motion sickness.

Eh...  someone said Toyota most comfort.  If yours Toyota,  cannot comment.  😀

P..S.  I can be so fixated by tyre pressure that i pump them when hot,  so that during operating conditions,  the front pair and rear pair,  same temperature on the TPMSes.   😀

I'm scratching my head. How ppl can get motion sickness in the car and on our roads?  On average our travel time is around 30mins of driving niah. 😂

You guys stare the phone is it? But cant be. I stare the phone while someone else is driving I also wont get motion sickness.

Different people different reaction while riding on vehicles lo. Some people stare at phone or even can read a book in the vehicle and would not get motion sickness. But some will get motion sickness. Same theory like some people would not vomit even on a super rocking boat/ferry. Guess this is born like this how your body react this way. Dont think can be change? Lol. But for me i also dont know why my motion sickness is getting more and more worse over the years? Last time not so jialat de. [dizzy]

It's should be the opposite mah. If your parts spoil you all the more will not get motion sickness. LoL...

That one is totally damage liao, so no more feeling. Lol. Maybe mine is spoilt and still not yet completely damage yet? More likely my balancing between my ears/eyes and the brain is completely out, thats why both cannot synchronize liao?! 

@inlinesix

Some useful information for you.
Some random user manual for BMW 340i, 340i xDrive on tyre inflation.

Front 225/45 R18 91Y RSC                 2.2 /  32
Front 225/45 ZR 18 95Y XL Std         2.4 /  35

• Praise 1

6 hours ago, Kklee said:

Eh...  someone said Toyota most comfort.  If yours Toyota,  cannot comment.  😀

P..S.  I can be so fixated by tyre pressure that i pump them when hot,  so that during operating conditions,  the front pair and rear pair,  same temperature on the TPMSes.   😀

You got OCD. Confirm + Chop. 😂

• Haha! 1

On 10/26/2020 at 7:42 AM, Yewheng said:

That is why now newer cars in Mercedes, bwm and etc luxury cars have don't know what air suspension, suspension that adjust in height based on road conditions and etc.. All these help smoothen out the bumps and make the ride very smooth. These will help in terms on reducing motion sickness.. 

Citroen was the pioneer in air-suspension or hydraulic followed by BMC with their hydragas suspension.  Both gave magic carpet ride and controlled pitch/roll.  It is true that these reduced motion sickness. However once they leaked or broke down, the owners suffered from wallet sickness 😀.

The same wallet sickness still applies when Mercedes or BMW air-suspension need repairs.

• Haha! 1

On 10/26/2020 at 1:45 PM, 13177 said:

Different people different reaction while riding on vehicles lo. Some people stare at phone or even can read a book in the vehicle and would not get motion sickness. But some will get motion sickness. Same theory like some people would not vomit even on a super rocking boat/ferry. Guess this is born like this how your body react this way. Dont think can be change? Lol. But for me i also dont know why my motion sickness is getting more and more worse over the years? Last time not so jialat de. [dizzy]

I was hoping to hear true life experience on remedy. I have motion sickness and so are all my 3 children. Usually travelling beyond 3 km will be challenging especially on public buses. The constant stopping and jerking movements is the key. Private transport, unless it is a winding road or again many stops, distance can increase. Taking ginger, sweet, salty tidbits help a little. Avoid eating too full or oily stuff before trip. But all these changed as we grew older. For me, before NS and for my children around secondary school's days. Why? we also don't know but now travelling 18 hours non stop on buses also no problem. So, you can actually 'outlived' motion sickness. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Victor68 said:

I was hoping to hear true life experience on remedy. I have motion sickness and so are all my 3 children. Usually travelling beyond 3 km will be challenging especially on public buses. The constant stopping and jerking movements is the key. Private transport, unless it is a winding road or again many stops, distance can increase. Taking ginger, sweet, salty tidbits help a little. Avoid eating too full or oily stuff before trip. But all these changed as we grew older. For me, before NS and for my children around secondary school's days. Why? we also don't know but now travelling 18 hours non stop on buses also no problem. So, you can actually 'outlived' motion sickness. 

My younger daughter will easily get motion sickness in her younger age (primary). 

Different car and suspension set up also contribute a very big part. During her later part of primary school, I changed my car from Toyota to a conti. Right after the changed ff the car, she don't get motion sickness often anymore.

So you and your children now no more motion sickness liao?

For me i have motion sickness since young, cannot tahan long distance ride esp on public transport. But when i was in NS, motion sickness miraculously disappeared, i never feel it even sitting behind a 3 tonner moving on an uneven ground inside the training area, or hard brake and jerking movements from the driver in all SAF vehicles. Then after NS motion sickness came back but consider still quite mild, if ride is only a bit jerky i am still ok. But only recent few years ago my motion sickess suddenly become quite jialat, even a slight jerk from the driver on any types of vehicles would make me feel giddy. During traffic jam is the worst due to the vehicle is moving and stopping. Thats why now when i sit in public buses, taxi, phv or any cars, i feel quite stress. [sweatdrop]

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Tohto said:

My younger daughter will easily get motion sickness in her younger age (primary). 

Different car and suspension set up also contribute a very big part. During her later part of primary school, I changed my car from Toyota to a conti. Right after the changed ff the car, she don't get motion sickness often anymore.

So toyota car make her get motion sickness? Lol.

6 minutes ago, 13177 said:

So toyota car make her get motion sickness? Lol.

Soft suspension. 

That is the shortest ownership for all my car.  Slightly more than 2 yes.

44 minutes ago, 13177 said:

For me i have motion sickness since young, cannot tahan long distance ride esp on public transport. But when i was in NS, motion sickness miraculously disappeared, i never feel it even sitting behind a 3 tonner moving on an uneven ground inside the training area, or hard brake and jerking movements from the driver in all SAF vehicles. Then after NS motion sickness came back but consider still quite mild, if ride is only a bit jerky i am still ok. But only recent few years ago my motion sickess suddenly become quite jialat, even a slight jerk from the driver on any types of vehicles would make me feel giddy. During traffic jam is the worst due to the vehicle is moving and stopping. Thats why now when i sit in public buses, taxi, phv or any cars, i feel quite stress. [sweatdrop]

Hmmmm yours is either rich man sickness or poor man syndrome depend how you view it. Haha. 3 tonner cure it then maybe luxury cars also no problem lah. 

Hmmmm yours is either rich man sickness or poor man syndrome depend how you view it. Haha. 3 tonner cure it then maybe luxury cars also no problem lah. 

No le, luxury car also got problem if the driver keeps doing hard braking or jerking. The thing is drive must be at least smooth. Lol.

Anyway, only during NS that time no motion sickness. After NS if i sit inside 3 tonner still would have motion sickness la.

Edited by 13177
  • Haha! 1

33 minutes ago, 13177 said:

No le, luxury car also got problem if the driver keeps doing hard braking or jerking. The thing is drive must be at least smooth. Lol.

Anyway, only during NS that time no motion sickness. After NS if i sit inside 3 tonner still would have motion sickness la.

As I have said, my case is quite extreme when young but somehow it is totally gone now. Of course I won't try those spinning rides. Hope you also will overcome soon

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, Victor68 said:

I have the same experience. Less sensitive as I get older.  It was bad when I was suffering from acid reflux and / or traveling while on an empty stomach but that may not be motion sickness but "vomit" sickness. 

• Praise 1

6 hours ago, 13177 said:

The magic of wearing no. 4 uniform. You can sleep anywhere anytime too.😂

• Haha! 2

On 10/25/2020 at 10:46 PM, 13177 said:

My vestibular system is out and spoilt. I get motion sickness very easy, factors from driver, car roll, type of car, seating etc. [dizzy] [sweatdrop]

Need to do more elephant spin...... 

Helps to dissensitise..... 

But prepare a bucket in case throw up. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2