Is ford a continental car?

Ithunk

I would said yes as those here are from the European continent... though it should be an American brand.

Supersonic

Of course yes.

The name is "FORD" founded by Henry Ford, an American.

America isn't the continent (of Europe), though as used here "continental" really means ang mor country-made car.

America isn't the continent (of Europe), though as used here "continental" really means ang mor country-made car.

+1.

Ford is an America car, nothing to do with Continental.

So may I ask what is a "Continental Car"?...

Volkwagan, ehhh...... :wacko: search google for Continental Car then u will know liao i no time go search..

Neutral Newbie

Like what some brothers here have mentioned, Ford Motor Company originated from the United States. However, we can categories the company's product range into four region, mainly North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and lastly Australia. If you look closely, you can see that some Ford models sold in some countries but not in others. Ford design and sell their vehicle accordingly to geographic demand and preference. Even in the same region, you can see the model in different design. Try google Mondeo and Metrostar. But Ford is moving into standardising some of the models globally starting with the new Focus (They tried it before but failed) to boost profitability. The current Ford vehicles we getting locally mainly are Europe spec model (smaller engine capacity, sharper handling etc) except the Asian built Everest. Hope you can learn more about the brand which introduced methods for large-scale manufacturing of cars. :D Ford is way underated in Singapore IMO. Which is a shame.

(edited)

Like what some brothers here have mentioned, Ford Motor Company originated from the United States. However, we can categories the company's product range into four region, mainly North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and lastly Australia. If you look closely, you can see that some Ford models sold in some countries but not in others. Ford design and sell their vehicle accordingly to geographic demand and preference. Even in the same region, you can see the model in different design. Try google Mondeo and Metrostar. But Ford is moving into standardising some of the models globally starting with the new Focus (They tried it before but failed) to boost profitability. The current Ford vehicles we getting locally mainly are Europe spec model (smaller engine capacity, sharper handling etc) except the Asian built Everest. Hope you can learn more about the brand which introduced methods for large-scale manufacturing of cars. :D Ford is way underated in Singapore IMO. Which is a shame.

yea we will have to see....the only model tt comes to mind is the ford focus rs....other than that i dun see much popularity with the ford mondeo...except for james bond driving it [laugh]

anyway whether there is interest we will have to see....

but yeah a ford is a ford...never in the class of volvo

it is really a distinct american brand compared to the conglomerate of european car makers

anyway the ford mondeo ecoboost was released in 2008 whether it will take on in sg is another matter

Edited by Ithunk

Ford is a Yankee car. And is not Continental car as it is not European. Conti car are those refering to car make in Europe such as Britain, German, Spain, France and etc....

But I got to admit that Ford Mondeo is 1 car that top Car programme show Top Gear voted to be the Best voted in car in the world. Even Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond & James May also agree that Ford Mondeo is the best of the lot they have chosen.

(edited)

Ford is a Yankee car. And is not Continental car as it is not European. Conti car are those refering to car make in Europe such as Britain, German, Spain, France and etc....

But I got to admit that Ford Mondeo is 1 car that top Car programme show Top Gear voted to be the Best voted in car in the world. Even Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond & James May also agree that Ford Mondeo is the best of the lot they have chosen.

anyway this is the review....

for best car in the world....i dun think so...there are better cars out there

anyway ford is a yankee car like what u say

and the ecoboost

Edited by Ithunk

Neutral Newbie

Its not wrong to say Ford is a America brand. The Ford passenger cars we get locally are from Germany, Belgium and Spain. The fact is, due to globalisation, cars can be design in Europe and built in Asia or Africa. Singapore get their BMW 3 Series sedans, Mercedes C-Class, Volkswagen Golf 5 doors etc. from South Africa and Renault Latitude from South Korea. Does it make them non-conti? Point is to appreciate the cars and its design features. Singaporeans generally are too brand conscious and financial minded (think of resale value).

Ford in singapore r german engineered but made in likely spain, so depending on your own view, u can consider ford american car or conti car. I consider my Focus a conti car. U need to drive one to enjoy n appreciate ford.

I would classified Ford as Amercian brand...

Just like Volvo....I would not classified as "Chinese" brand just because some Chinese company bought over them...

Likewise for Lotus...I would classified it as " British" brand instead of "Malaysian" brand just because Proton owned them...

[;)]

Its not wrong to say Ford is a America brand. The Ford passenger cars we get locally are from Germany, Belgium and Spain. The fact is, due to globalisation, cars can be design in Europe and built in Asia or Africa. Singapore get their BMW 3 Series sedans, Mercedes C-Class, Volkswagen Golf 5 doors etc. from South Africa and Renault Latitude from South Korea. Does it make them non-conti? Point is to appreciate the cars and its design features. Singaporeans generally are too brand conscious and financial minded (think of resale value).

W203 C Class, yes. But W204 C Class from South Africa meh? Better not let Bro Cerano and other W204 C Class owners hear you say that hahahha.

Ford in singapore r german engineered but made in likely spain, so depending on your own view, u can consider ford american car or conti car. I consider my Focus a conti car. U need to drive one to enjoy n appreciate ford.

u must be kidding

↡ Advertisement