Is ford a continental car?

Ithunk

(edited)

Kidding abt wat?

as in the drive for ford vehicles

but i would say the ford focus rs is a good car...

for the mondeo no comments

Edited by Ithunk

In determining the nationality of the brand, i would look at its heritage. Ford is unmistakably American in its roots. Henry Ford, Model T, Mustang, Thunderbird, etc those cars form the fundamental history of the automobile man! Way before Toyota, Nissan, Mitsubishi, etc.

I would classified Ford as Amercian brand...

Just like Volvo....I would not classified as "Chinese" brand just because some Chinese company bought over them...

Likewise for Lotus...I would classified it as " British" brand instead of "Malaysian" brand just because Proton owned them...

[;)]

agreed. Which AD or owner of honda & toyota would call their City and Altis a Thailand car?

Turbocharged

How about chevrolet then? Hehe....

Conti also.....

For me, any brand that doesn't originates from Asia is Conti.

Simple right? Why think until so complicated .....

Neutral Newbie

Sorry, my mistake. Didn't keep myself updated enough. [:)] Mercedes still produce the current C-Class in South Africa, though they are not bound for Singapore market.

Neutral Newbie

Conti also.....

So u consider Chevrolet spark/aveo conti cars then?

Conti also.....

If that makes you happy....

So u consider Chevrolet spark/aveo conti cars then?

So is Toyota Corolla a Japanese car?

It has plants in US...It has plant in Japan...It also has plant in Thai

[rolleyes]

Volkwagan, ehhh...... :wacko: search google for Continental Car then u will know liao i no time go search..

FYI there is no phrase such as "CONTINENTAL-CAR"... it's a Singapore base lingual that define all non asia (jap/kor/my/china) cars. that's what I'm trying to point out.

A overatted over used phrase if I may rectify... :P

ok I think I OT too much liao.. haha

Neutral Newbie

So is Toyota Corolla a Japanese car?

It has plants in US...It has plant in Japan...It also has plant in Thai

[rolleyes]

Than like that it's an inter-continental car lor... Since got plants in diff continents.... :D

Neutral Newbie

FYI there is no phrase such as "CONTINENTAL-CAR"... it's a Singapore base lingual that define all non asia (jap/kor/my/china) cars. that's what I'm trying to point out.

I totally agree with u...

(edited)

Than like that it's an inter-continental car lor... Since got plants in diff continents.... :D

It got diff plants becos these plants offer diff variants to cater diff types/needs of customers round the world...

[;)]

Edited by Mike1234

(edited)

You are SPOT ON ! :D Its basically islander language that is half abstract. Nobody else in the world makes any sense out of the "conti" concept.

Maybe its a spin off from "Continental Breakfast".

Edited by Acieed

Neutral Newbie

It got diff plants becos these plants offer diff variants to diff types of customers...

[;)]

So let's call them variable car then.... Offer diff variants mah.... [:p]

Neutral Newbie

Believe we have 7 continents in the world

North America

South America

Europe

Asia

Australia

Antartica

Africa

So i technically, ford being a north american brand = continental car. LOL

[knife]

Like what some brothers here have mentioned, Ford Motor Company originated from the United States. However, we can categories the company's product range into four region, mainly North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and lastly Australia. If you look closely, you can see that some Ford models sold in some countries but not in others. Ford design and sell their vehicle accordingly to geographic demand and preference. Even in the same region, you can see the model in different design. Try google Mondeo and Metrostar. But Ford is moving into standardising some of the models globally starting with the new Focus (They tried it before but failed) to boost profitability. The current Ford vehicles we getting locally mainly are Europe spec model (smaller engine capacity, sharper handling etc) except the Asian built Everest. Hope you can learn more about the brand which introduced methods for large-scale manufacturing of cars. :D Ford is way underated in Singapore IMO. Which is a shame.

The Ford Fiesta in Australia has 6 speed AT transmission while locally it only comes with 4 speed AT.

↡ Advertisement