Is ford a continental car?

Ithunk

Supercharged

a jap or a true continental like volvo outperforms ford on all counts.

heck for tt price range....u can even get an audi a1

U dun noe wat u tokking about:

Mondeo has the best handling in it's class+price range,

definitely beats Volvo S60 and all Jap competitors.

Comparing car of Mondeo-size to Audi A1 is simply silly.

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

Yes, why not? Chevy is a American brand...and as i said, any brand that doesn't originates from Asia are Conti.

It's simple. Don't make it complicated.

When a car is now built or assembled all over the globe, it is complicated if you want to define conti or non-conti based on where it is assembled/built. If this is the case, a Toyota can be a Jap, can be Thai, can be a US car, etc.....since it is built all over the place.

So go with where the brand originates. Toyota originates from Japan, so it is a Jap car. Chevy and Ford is an American Brand, so it is conti (since non-asia). Lotus is a Conti also since it originates from UK.

I just don't understand why people keep debating over the Conti or non-Conti when you can just make it easy by looking at where the brand originates.

Chevrolet bought over Daewoo. Cars like Takoma, Lanos, etc became Chevrolet Variant, Chevrolet Aveo etc! like that how huh?

ya ford is better than volvo...try telling that to a volvo owner [:)]

Tell it to Ford. Ask them sell at Volvo price lor. ^_^

It is easy to see why Ford owner like to associate Ford with "Conti made" due to the Singapore mindset of Conti cars are better in every aspect. be it engineering, ride feel, prestige....... these topic have been argue over many years [sweatdrop]

can share the threads?

TS, u start this thread to discuss about ford being conti or you too free want to bash ford owner?

can share the threads?

TS, u start this thread to discuss about ford being conti or you too free want to bash ford owner?

about ford being conti....

(edited)

hahaha... does it matters?

did someone pissed you off with some remarks about ford? [:p]

nope

btw i do not own a ford

Edited by Ithunk

Neutral Newbie

ya i was thinking also...how can they come up with such pricing....

a jap or a true continental like volvo outperforms ford on all counts.

in my opinion want to go for power or luxury go all the way

want power get wrx

want luxury get volvo

heck for tt price range....u can even get an audi a1

erm... let's see...

1. S40 platform is derived from the platform from Ford which is used for the Mazda 3 as well

2. Ecoboost engine is now found in Volvo, but originated from Ford

3. Powershift is also something from Ford which was put into the new range of volvos, including the new S60

4. Ecoboost 2.0 240ps that is found in some S60s as an upgrade is also derived from the Ecoboost engine

5. Oh and by the way, the chasis found on the S80 and the Mondeo are similar.

Only engine that Volvo has developed that is found in a Ford is the 5 pot found in the RS and the ST. Beautiful engine, but drinks like there's no tomm.

By the way, I do agree that Ford is American, however, the models that are sold here now come exclusively from Europe, and Ford does have a subsidiary called Ford of Europe

Focus= Spain

Mondeo= Belgium. where some of the Volvos are also built

Focus RS/ ST= Saarlouis, Germany

Fiesta= Germany

Kuga/ Galaxy/S-max= Belgium

BTW. the Focus, Mondeo and the Transit vans one of the best sellers in their class in the UK

Volvo a true continental compared to Ford? Some of its models come out from the same country that rolls out the mondeo, Belgium.

I'm not saying that Ford is a conti just because I have two of them, I'm saying that please check facts before posting. Truth be told, wouldn't trade them for a VW, or a Volvo, and I've driven both

Hypersonic

Is there a need to start 2 threads in 4 days to discuss about ford??? -_-

Do you have a problem with Ford??...............in particular...........the Mondeo??? -_-

Hypersonic

erm... let's see...

1. S40 platform is derived from the platform from Ford which is used for the Mazda 3 as well

2. Ecoboost engine is now found in Volvo, but originated from Ford

3. Powershift is also something from Ford which was put into the new range of volvos, including the new S60

4. Ecoboost 2.0 240ps that is found in some S60s as an upgrade is also derived from the Ecoboost engine

5. Oh and by the way, the chasis found on the S80 and the Mondeo are similar.

Only engine that Volvo has developed that is found in a Ford is the 5 pot found in the RS and the ST. Beautiful engine, but drinks like there's no tomm.

By the way, I do agree that Ford is American, however, the models that are sold here now come exclusively from Europe, and Ford does have a subsidiary called Ford of Europe

Focus= Spain

Fiesta= Germany

BTW. the Focus, Mondeo and the Transit vans one of the best sellers in their class in the UK

Volvo a true continental compared to Ford? Some of its models come out from the same country that rolls out the mondeo, Belgium.

I'm not saying that Ford is a conti just because I have two of them, I'm saying that please check facts before posting. Truth be told, wouldn't trade them for a VW, or a Volvo, and I've driven both

[thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

Do you have a problem with Ford??...............in particular...........the Mondeo??? -_-

nope not at all but at 145k for a for a ecoboost 2.0 is overpriced....top up about 20k more...get a mercedes c180 blue efficiency for 165k

no la where got so free to diss ford owners....its a good american car....i think....

then i start the 60k coe thread to diss ppl who bought 60k coe?

i have better things to do....even if i had the money to pay for 145k in full i will not buy a ford

im talking about dollars and cents here [:)]

Hypersonic
(edited)

nope not at all but at 145k for a for a ecoboost 2.0 is overpriced....top up about 20k more...get a mercedes c180 blue efficiency for 165k

is that the way you compare??? -_-

than top up 30K what can you get?.............why not top up 40k or 50k and get something else?...........or maybe top up 100k and see what is there?............maybe top up 500k and get a AMG.......... -_-

Edited by Tianmo

(edited)

erm... let's see...

Focus= Spain

Fiesta= Germany

hee hee like that LEXUS American?? [smash][lipsrsealed] "luxury exports to the U.S."

Purpose of Lexus is to have a premium Toyota in US. marketing but still Jap thus whether a Euro Ford also marketing and still American for ford in my opinion

BTW Ford also only listed in NYSE

In short I think car origin are heritage related if not MINI and Roll Royce Germany liao no more british. think abt it UK got not much car brand left Jag and landrover Indian :o

lotus Malaysia..... Aston Martin was once Ford, yet James Bonds still use and love it every movie [;)]

All Chill yeah [drivingcar]

Edited by D3badge

Hypersonic
(edited)

no la where got so free to diss ford owners....its a good american car....i think...---.but i have a feeling you are very free...........

then i start the 60k coe thread to diss ppl who bought 60k coe?.............------and what than is your idea?

i have better things to do....even if i had the money to pay for 145k in full i will not buy a ford.....--------maybe you sld start doing your better things.....

im talking about dollars and cents here [:)]------what about dollars and cents???

-_- -_-

Edited by Tianmo

hee hee like that LEXUS American?? [smash][lipsrsealed] "luxury exports to the U.S."

Purpose of Lexus is to have a premium Toyota in US. marketing but still Jap thus whether a Euro Ford also marketing and still American for ford in my opinion

BTW Ford also only listed in NYSE

In short I think car origin are heritage related if not MINI and Roll Royce Germany liao no more british. think abt it UK got not much car brand left Jag and landrover Indian :o

lotus Malaysia..... Aston Martin was once Ford, yet James Bonds still use and love it every movie [;)]

All Chill yeah [drivingcar]

yes i agree with u ford is ford and ford is american.....

-_- -_-

dollars and cents or sense as in getting a better car compared to ford.....like a VW jetta.....which is cheaper and better

↡ Advertisement