Is this a good buy? Saab 9-3 Aero 2.8A XWD

Damienic

not going to bankrupt next year?? debt getting more and more and the sales also not performing well with new models.... get other brand i suggest, later workshop close down next yr jialat liao lor

Hi guys, is this a good buy in your opinion? http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...336&DL=2225

I thought the price for this make at less than 2 yrs and a OMV of 53k++ is pretty decent...its 270 bhp and 0-100 in less than 7 secs.. [:/] the road tax is hefty though and so is likely the FC.. [bigcry]

hearsay, saab handling is very good and i got a friend mentioned to me that it is even better than a BMW?

i had never drive a saab before but from your selection and with that price tag, if i were you, i will get myself another ride instead.

but of course, if you are a saab fan, please go ahead. ^_^

(edited)

hearsay, saab handling is very good and i got a friend mentioned to me that it is even better than a BMW?

i had never drive a saab before but from your selection and with that price tag, if i were you, i will get myself another ride instead.

but of course, if you are a saab fan, please go ahead. ^_^

I know most would be sceptical. I'm not surprised actually with the negative comments so far.

For similar age premium conti cars and with this level of OMV, most are selling at above 145k in the market. I'm serious. What can you get in the resale mkt these days? A similar age C180 with an OMV of only 36-37k are mostly advertising at 130-134k. A similar age Audi A4 with an OMV of 35-36K is selling at an even higher price. 125k gets you nothing much in the luxury segment these days unless going for rides older than 2yrs old.

Of cos I know pple will say this is only a Saab blah blah and cannot be compared to BMW, Mercs and etc etc. Seriously if Saab were to have the same level of branding and image, it wouldn't have been put on sale at this price with an OMV of 53k (just look at how much the X3 is selling with similar level of OMV) and I dun even need to come into this forum to ask you guys. The purpose i'm asking here is with your knowledge of the quality of this car and the selling price, is it worth it?

Edited by Damienic

(edited)

Saw one of the review which seems pretty good..http://www.caranddriver.com/news/car/07q2/2008_saab_9-3_aero_xwd-car_news

Edited by Damienic

Supercharged

I know most would be sceptical. I'm not surprised actually with the negative comments so far.

For similar age premium conti cars and with this level of OMV, most are selling at above 145k in the market. I'm serious. What can you get in the resale mkt these days? A similar age C180 with an OMV of only 36-37k are mostly advertising at 130-134k. A similar age Audi A4 with an OMV of 35-36K is selling at an even higher price. 125k gets you nothing much in the luxury segment these days unless going for rides older than 2yrs old.

Of cos I know pple will say this is only a Saab blah blah and cannot be compared to BMW, Mercs and etc etc. Seriously if Saab were to have the same level of branding and image, it wouldn't have been put on sale at this price with an OMV of 53k (just look at how much the X3 is selling with similar level of OMV) and I dun even need to come into this forum to ask you guys. The purpose i'm asking here is with your knowledge of the quality of this car and the selling price, is it worth it?

i'm ok w rare jap car but not ok w rare conti car - maint cost become primary consideration rather than OMV and depreciation.

with such a price, there's always a reason. too ex, we siam; too cheap, we doubt...

i'm ok w rare jap car but not ok w rare conti car - maint cost become primary consideration rather than OMV and depreciation.

with such a price, there's always a reason. too ex, we siam; too cheap, we doubt...

my bro drives a Saab too and so far he has been serving outside with no major issues and the cost of maintenance for him is pretty reasonable too..

bro, if you intend to drive till COE ended, paper value is high.

imo, with the brand and with such unique model, it is quite tough to gain resale.

if you are my friend, i will tell you not to buy.

if you are not my friend, i will tell you, "up to you".

saab is in the class of typical contis such as renault peugeot and the various conti cars....

nevertheless find it a good buy

after all saab is synonyms with being from sweden

however prices are abit skewed now due to coe

I think ultimately it is not wether the paper value is high or not. More of if you really like this car. Performance, exterior and interior etc.

(edited)

bro, if you intend to drive till COE ended, paper value is high.

imo, with the brand and with such unique model, it is quite tough to gain resale.

if you are my friend, i will tell you not to buy.

if you are not my friend, i will tell you, "up to you".

I know the depreciation would be high and resale price would be poor. However, if this is what we all should only be looking at, then there is seriously nothing good to buy except Mercs, BMW and maybe Audi (referring to the premium contis segment). Tio boh?? And this is the reason why it is selling at this price. It will cost at least 20-25k more for other more "branded" models with a similar OMV level.

By the way, if you look at the yearly depreciation of this model, it is somewhere around 11.4k per annum. For all the goods thing touted abut Mercs resale value, the yearly depreciation of most of the C180's put on sale recently is around 13-14k. It may not be as bad as you think afterall..the first owner for sure took the big bulk of the depreciation..For the dealer to be advertising at this price, means the first owner lost at least 65k after 21 months of usage.

Edited by Damienic

I find this a good buy. It cost quite a bit when bough new. Servicing & parts are not expensive.

Thanks for the advice. I believe the price of this car when brand new is around 180k or so in 2009. With the recent coe high, 125k after 21 months is seriously quite a decent one. Yes, I have heard that servicing and parts are inexpensive for Saab.. :D

not going to bankrupt next year?? debt getting more and more and the sales also not performing well with new models.... get other brand i suggest, later workshop close down next yr jialat liao lor

Hmm, i would like to correct you...Here's a little update:

"Swedish automaker Saab, part owned by Spyker, part owned by the Chinese, has signed an agreement with Zhejiang Youngman Passenger Car Group Co to form a joint venture in Sweden. This 50-50 JV will develop three

If your Saab is trouble-free, you will love it to bits. All former Saab drivers I know miss the car deep down, even if some of them swear never to drive a Saab again because they were unlucky to meet with a problematic one.

I wouldn't consider it though because Saabs don't come in manual in SG. If they did; they would almost certainly be one of my "must-try" rides.

For a $125,000....U can get a 2.8 V6 turbo engine wif AWD....It's not bad...(Close to 280hp and close to 400 torque)

Of cos, there's a few down side like roadtax, expensive parts, maintenance,etc...

Though it's a rare unit...However the engine is similar as found in the current Saab 9-5 2.8 (just diff tuning)

It has a GM engine, built on GM platform...

Hope this helps

[;)]

↡ Advertisement