Is this a good buy? Saab 9-3 Aero 2.8A XWD

Damienic

Hmm, i would like to correct you...Here's a little update:

"Swedish automaker Saab, part owned by Spyker, part owned by the Chinese, has signed an agreement with Zhejiang Youngman Passenger Car Group Co to form a joint venture in Sweden. This 50-50 JV will develop three

↡ Advertisement

recently saab also got 50M loan to pay workers wage and yes i have read this, but u think new model will be a success? its hard, not 100% sure and the research cost gonna cost more alot

Well, it's actually a good thing for Saab to have Chinese companies backing it up...

China is a huge market...

Instead of finding partners to JV into Chinese market...

Chinese companies "volunteer" and "save" Saab

[laugh] [laugh]

If your Saab is trouble-free, you will love it to bits. All former Saab drivers I know miss the car deep down, even if some of them swear never to drive a Saab again because they were unlucky to meet with a problematic one.

I wouldn't consider it though because Saabs don't come in manual in SG. If they did; they would almost certainly be one of my "must-try" rides.

Oh you are a manual die-hard?? :D

For a $125,000....U can get a 2.8 V6 turbo engine wif AWD....It's not bad...(Close to 280hp and close to 400 torque)

Of cos, there's a few down side like roadtax, expensive parts, maintenance,etc...

Though it's a rare unit...However the engine is similar as found in the current Saab 9-5 2.8 (just diff tuning)

It has a GM engine, built on GM platform...

Hope this helps

[;)]

Thanks for your opinions. That was what attracted to me (a 125k car that is awd and with 270bhp, 400nm). Haha...yeah the road tax is a killer..that was also one factor which i'm apprehensive about. Overall I do like the drive of Saab..would just like to find out what you all think of the car in terms of it's capabilities of this car and etc.. [laugh]

Well, it's actually a good thing for Saab to have Chinese companies backing it up...

China is a huge market...

Instead of finding partners to JV into Chinese market...

Chinese companies "volunteer" and "save" Saab

[laugh] [laugh]

i better save skoda [laugh]

Thanks for the advice. I believe the price of this car when brand new is around 180k or so in 2009. With the recent coe high, 125k after 21 months is seriously quite a decent one. Yes, I have heard that servicing and parts are inexpensive for Saab.. :D

I was wrong. The list price of this car in 2009 is actually 201k. And there are only 4 units of this in Singapore.. :wub:

Twincharged

I was wrong. The list price of this car in 2009 is actually 201k. And there are only 4 units of this in Singapore.. :wub:

4 units only.???Sure spare parts problems in the future.!

Seriously, if I had the cash, you wouldn't be able to discuss now already... :x

hmmm, what do you mean? you mean you are very interested in this car too if you can afford the cash to buy it?

Bro Damienic, after reading through all your postings, seems like you have already got the answer to your own question!

My neighbour used to have a black one. Done up quite nicely with bling rim and lowered suspension. Last thing I saw was he wrapped it with matt white. And then he changed to Cayenne. :D

But I rather get a Alfa wagon...

Personally, I do not like GM cars ... they seem to share many things from the same parts bin.

Be it SAAB, Opel, or even their Korean-made cars like Chevrolet.

Am hoping that with the Dutch Spyker takeover, the SAAB brand could be reinstated back to its heydays, sans the GM influence.

Remember the 900S or the 900 Turbo? [kiss]

Very quaint and Bohemian ... even till today, if you are lucky to see one on the road.

Hi guys, is this a good buy in your opinion? http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...336&DL=2225

I thought the price for this make at less than 2 yrs and a OMV of 53k++ is pretty decent...its 270 bhp and 0-100 in less than 7 secs.. [:/] the road tax is hefty though and so is likely the FC.. [bigcry]

I've gone through 4 Saabs and now drives a Camry to pot around the city quickly without fuss. The wife is still driving our 4th Saab and she was in a bad accident 3 years ago and we believe the car saved her life. Saab is not a mass appeal car. Most people do not understand the features and will pass it for the more popular brands but the folks that drives it will find it hard to replace bang for buck which is why they will come back to the brand after a while. In HK and other places like Australia, u will find more Saabs on the road. Suggest u go to their user groups websites to find out why they love the car. In SG the local website is www.saabstance.com.

Hi guys, is this a good buy in your opinion? http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...336&DL=2225

I thought the price for this make at less than 2 yrs and a OMV of 53k++ is pretty decent...its 270 bhp and 0-100 in less than 7 secs.. [:/] the road tax is hefty though and so is likely the FC.. [bigcry]

i had the oppty to ride in a test drive in a saab 9-5 10 years ago. it was amazing. the ergonomics, the power, the aviation history.

i like rare and quirky cars. so, thumbs up from me for this one. [thumbsup]

hmmm, what do you mean? you mean you are very interested in this car too if you can afford the cash to buy it?

Absolutely.

(edited)

Bro Damienic, after reading through all your postings, seems like you have already got the answer to your own question!

I went down to see the car today and did a test drive....it was awesome! frankly speaking, like it a lot but still undecided... [blush]

Edited by Damienic
↡ Advertisement