Is this a good buy? Saab 9-3 Aero 2.8A XWD

Damienic

Congrats!

How much is the insurance and FC?

I was quoted $1679 for the insurance with 40% NCD + 5% COM. A bit on the high side I guess. The usual 320 or C180 insurance should be around $1200 or so with the same level of NCD. FC wise if I not wrong is about 9km/L for 50-50 highway/city.

congrats!! you got a good car at a good price. only caution is maintenance cost which cld be high.

I've never owned a SAAB, but when I test drove the SAAB 9-3, I like the strong low to mid end pull and the comfort. hard to find a car with such good balance.

maintenance cost should be high in aspects like road tax and fuel consumption which I reckon should cost $150-180 per month higher compared to other makes. but in terms of servicing cost, it should be pretty reasonable compared to other luxury makes.

(edited)

Cool, a nice, rare and quirky car.

Furthermore with an attractive price somemore......!

thanks all...

I find the looks does grow on you after a while and also like the feeling that I will be 1 out of the only 2 owners of this model in whole of Singapore..but of cos the same logic applies that it will be hard to sell in future for this kind of ride but I guess for the price and enjoyment, it doesn't matter that much anymore.. :wub:

Edited by Damienic

(edited)

congrats on the great buy! hope ur next car will be an alfa ;)

anyway the FC is considered very good liao. and the power and torque... :wub:

I have always considered the alfa...just that I do not like the selespeed gearbox..that did affected my buying decision a bit [:(] in fact I find the looks of the Alfa 159 sportwagon slightly nicer..

Just wondering what will be the next generation of alfas be like in 4-5yrs down the road....maybe the 159 replacement will tempt me the next time when I thinking of changing..hehe.. [;)]

Edited by Damienic

the car is actually further retuned by the previous owner and from stock 280 bhp and torque 400nm, it is now 295 bhp and torque 450nm.. :D

Congrats. if i have read this earlier, i would tell you that this is a very good buy.

From what you mentioned, it means the 1st owner already done a 1st stage remap. but it would be good to check if it's a hirsch upgrade by TE themselves or other tuner.

The parts for this car is not really that difficult to find, just need to know your sources. as for the panel, it may be difficult but then, you think other unique cars less those bread and butter is easy to find and no lead time?

Normal servicing should not differ much from other car of similar spec. you might want to go back to TE and check on their service records as well.

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys, is this a good buy in your opinion? http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...336&DL=2225

I thought the price for this make at less than 2 yrs and a OMV of 53k++ is pretty decent...its 270 bhp and 0-100 in less than 7 secs.. [:/] the road tax is hefty though and so is likely the FC.. [bigcry]

Is cheap but Saab brand is dead, the car have no much resale value. The technology is outdated

Supercharged

Is cheap but Saab brand is dead, the car have no much resale value. The technology is outdated

resale value matters only when one is reselling the car and can be mitigated if it was purchased cheap, ie buy low sell low.

for cars with good resale value, it only guarantees you have a good exit price, it says nothing about the premium you paid when purchasing it.

ultimately what we pay is the purchase price - selling price and not just the selling price alone.

resale value matters only when one is reselling the car and can be mitigated if it was purchased cheap, ie buy low sell low.

for cars with good resale value, it only guarantees you have a good exit price, it says nothing about the premium you paid when purchasing it.

ultimately what we pay is the purchase price - selling price and not just the selling price alone.

agreed. no one take into consideration of the initial markup .. ahem... premium they paid for car with "good resale".

If 1 paid 20k more for a car, does he get this 20k or its equivalent when selling?

Supercharged

agreed. no one take into consideration of the initial markup .. ahem... premium they paid for car with "good resale".

If 1 paid 20k more for a car, does he get this 20k or its equivalent when selling?

yeah, chinese saying goat's fur/hair come from goat's body.

good resale value also do not come without compromises.

either one msut pay for the higher resale or have to exchange some inconvenience or risk that comes with it.

I dun have to say much here abt resale value. The bros here said it for me.

As for the technology, dun think you even did a research on the Saab xwd system which is a very advanced system developed by Haldex which is touted to be even better than the awd system of other luxury makes with the unique eLSD. The dashboard is dated, yes, but not the technology.

Neutral Newbie

Yup technology is fantastic... I was looking at that car just i prefer a 2 litre xwd. still using my saabs... easy to mod... getting 320 bhp from my litre 9-5s seems seems pretty easy just that it's restricted by the FWD.

Will still be getting another saab when this coe ends.

I dun have to say much here abt resale value. The bros here said it for me.

As for the technology, dun think you even did a research on the Saab xwd system which is a very advanced system developed by Haldex which is touted to be even better than the awd system of other luxury makes with the unique eLSD. The dashboard is dated, yes, but not the technology.

and to add on, the green lighting on their instrument panel just grow onto the driver.

Night panel, anyone? [sly]

comparing it to most other conti make, it may look dated but with jap, i think it's still slight ahead. all the function are just where it should be, similar to their heritage

↡ Advertisement