How to invest my money

I had slogged in a low paying s--t job for the past 7 years, I do not buy expensive cars so I can save more money, I finally saved up about $300K. I decided to keep $100K as my emergency fund and retirement fund which I will not touch. So I am left with $200K to invest, I hope and wish to grow this money into $400K in the next 3 years, since I heard that there are many experts and gurus here, I sincerely seek your advice to grow my $200K. Trolls, please do not flame me, this is my real life story and I heard that they are many rich people here so I am just seeking advice.

↡ Advertisement

I would put it into a safe Singapore bond. double your money in 3 years, that would mean putting it into riskier investments.

Go trade options - can bring your money from $200k to $2000k in lest than 1 year.

But you also must be prepared to lose all.

depend how are u going to face the loss... if u dont feel so sad about losing 200k, then i suggest u play stock but if u feel damn sad, cant eat sleep or eat when lose ur 200k, then go for government bond. remember: the higher the return, the higher the risk....

(edited)

No head no tail very difficult to advice. But one thing for sure is don't seek advice from financial planner or banks' relationship manager. Coz they r out to earn sales commission, else they got nothing to live on.

100k as ur buffer is a good start. 200k to grow into 400k in 3 years time falls more into more aggressive investment type (200k in 3 years). IF u want more returns, u got to be prepared for more risks.

but u need to change ur outlook in life first. 7 years n u managed to save 300k, and u claim it is a low paying sh-t job. 300k cash mind u. Provide more backgrnd abt ur preference for the bros here to advise.

usual disclaimer applies.

Edited by Sabretan

Neutral Newbie

I had slogged in a low paying s--t job for the past 7 years, I do not buy expensive cars so I can save more money, I finally saved up about $300K. I decided to keep $100K as my emergency fund and retirement fund which I will not touch. So I am left with $200K to invest, I hope and wish to grow this money into $400K in the next 3 years, since I heard that there are many experts and gurus here, I sincerely seek your advice to grow my $200K. Trolls, please do not flame me, this is my real life story and I heard that they are many rich people here so I am just seeking advice.

buy a commercial property

What kind of s--t do u do for a "low paying job" that pays u ~3.5k every month, assuming u started off with no savings, you don't spend any money at all and there isn't any salary increment for the last 7 yrs, u still managed to save $300k over 7 years... Is really buay pai... U stay in a cave and eat grass and tree bark every day? *salute*

• Praise 1

Same sentiments, thread starter is not simple..

No head no tail very difficult to advice. But one thing for sure is don't seek advice from financial planner or banks' relationship manager. Coz they r out to earn sales commission, else they got nothing to live on.

100k as ur buffer is a good start. 200k to grow into 400k in 3 years time falls more into more aggressive investment type (200k in 3 years). IF u want more returns, u got to be prepared for more risks.

but u need to change ur outlook in life first. 7 years n u managed to save 300k, and u claim it is a low paying sh-t job. 300k cash mind u. Provide more backgrnd abt ur preference for the bros here to advise.

Neutral Newbie

also suggest you put 50K of your emergency money into your SA account.

and buy a good hospitalization plan

and a term plan

Neutral Newbie

Low paying sh1t job and still u can own a car, and save 300k in 7 yrs... Some of us here work our whole life and still wont be able to save that much... So what do u call that kind of job then?

What kind of s--t do u do for a "low paying job" that pays u ~3.5k every month, assuming u started off with no savings, you don't spend any money at all and there isn't any salary increment for the last 7 yrs, u still managed to save $300k over 7 years... Is really buay pai... U stay in a cave and eat grass and tree bark every day? *salute*

Tio Bay Pio also must report to you izzit ?

also suggest you put 50K of your emergency money into your SA account.

and buy a good hospitalization plan

and a term plan

I already upgraded my hospitalization plan to the best and I am covered for 500K

Wait for property market prices to re-trace then buy. Can get rental income as price appreciate.

buy a commercial property

can you teach me how to avoid paying 7% gst on commercial property?

I go to work, eat $3.50 lunch, and go home everyday for dinner, no holidays no gf no women either maybe a few FLs

Wait for property market prices to re-trace then buy. Can get rental income as price appreciate.

property prices unlikely to go down in the short term unless there is another financial crisis i think

ok I think I am quite risk averse and of cos this 200k is what I feel I can set aside for investments since I am keeping 100K as a standby cash....but I realise that I do not wish to wait so long to grow my money with inflation rate so high, my savings is losing purchasing power

↡ Advertisement