Tyre pressure

Mllcg

agreed.

I had my motorcycle tyres changed. Guess how high they pump? Double of the recommendation. [bigcry]

Since then, whenever I changed my car and bike's tyres, I will tell them specifically how much to pump, then double check with my own pressure gauge.

the last person i ask is tyre shop people. Many simply knows nothing and only know how to fit a tyre.

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

I was wondering if this could be contributed by tyre pressure.

after prolong travel on NSHW, I notice the sidewall of my tyre become white white.. like rubber heat up like that..

(edited)

for those claimed that the shop don't know anything (is not their problem) is they wish you can tell them what your prefer pressure.

those donut spare max pressure is 420kpa (generally) all marked on sidewall.

for the GOLF R32 I don't think any wrong with the AIR pressure, it probably suit the car performance engine and car.

again each of every one can detune your tyre pressure to your own preference (+ only not -)

Edited by Roberttan

I read somewhere b4 that no need follow car manufacturers recommended tyre pressure just dun exceed 90% of the maximum pressure ur tyre side wall indicates than u should be fine just adjust according to ur preferences less for comfort and more for better fuel economy.

Where u get this information from????? [confused]

What is so difficult about following the recommended tire pressure?

I dun understand why ppl are so insistent on going with their butt feel.

There's a reason why the car maker gives you a number to follow.

Your tires are one of the important factors when it comes braking. The braking distance, its effectiveness all of which could be affected by the tire pressure. What you want to get is a balance. You can't have it all on performance or you can't have it all on fuel economy.

So why do something you will regret later?

Yes I agree. But I follow the recommended pressure but adjust only +- abt 5-10kpa from it.

agreed.

I had my motorcycle tyres changed. Guess how high they pump? Double of the recommendation. [bigcry]

Since then, whenever I changed my car and bike's tyres, I will tell them specifically how much to pump, then double check with my own pressure gauge.

I also had this problem when I tried some new tire shop n the young boy fixing my tire pumped much harder than what I told him to pump.

I guess he trying to show he damm smart. Of course pumping much harder wil make my car feel lighter n faster BUT the grip is lessened.

I dun trust those tire shop guy. After he pump I wil check e pressure n re-adjust to what I normally pump. I can see sometimes those young boy not happy.

(edited)

Hi guys,

We had this at another forum thread here http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2693004-how-to-know-tyres-correct-air-pressure-3-tyrequeencom/ and main guide here. This is a basic check after you have run on your tyres for a distance, perhaps at your next tyre rotation. Do note that uneven wear could be due to other factors as well.

Hope you find the info below useful.

How to check if your-tyres-are at the right air-tyre-pressure : DIY Air Pressure check

1. Tyres-with the ideal tyre-air pressure tend to have treads wearing evenly.
  2. With under-inflation the wear will be more obvious on the sides (tyre shoulder). When you see the middle of the tyre-have deeper tyre-tread than the shoulders.
  3. Over-inflation, the wear of the-tyre will be more excessive in the middle. Where you see the tyre-shoulder (sides) have deeper treads than the inner mid section of the-tyre.

how-to-choose-tyres-TyreQueen-tread-wear

For Tread pattern, there is more info here.

1. How to Choose Tyre-Tread Patterns #2
  2. Main Tyre-Selection Guide (with many more sections) #0
Edited by Tyrequeen

Earlier I pumped the pressure so high because I find the driving experience a bit weird.

last week sent my car back to the tyre shop in Alexandra village to ask shop to check the balancing.

When the staff rolled the tyre to the machine inside the shop for balancing, from a distance the boss spotted tyre "half fit" (not sure the spelling) was missing. He asked me why I changed the rim again and said the issue is due to missing half fit.

I really respect this shop boss, within 5 minutes, he found the root cause of the issue.

I told him I sent my car to kah motor for servicing and they rotated my tyres.

This so called AD don't know some tyres need half fit for the front tyres.

true enough, the half fit was found in the back tyres.

now issue with the tyres liao.

Ps: half fit is just a copper ring mounted inside the centre hole of the tyre.

yesterday just upgarded from 16" to 17" and I need help from bros/sis that could advise me what is ht ebest tyre pressure for 17"

My ride: Mazda 3 HB

Stock rims: 205/60/16

New rims: 225/50/17

• Praise 1

yesterday just upgarded from 16" to 17" and I need help from bros/sis that could advise me what is ht ebest tyre pressure for 17"

Tyre pressure not dependent on tyre size.

Look at your owner manual. Give me your stock pressure & load index.