Yaa Ming to retire from NBA

Picanto

Turbocharged
(edited)

never fulfill his potential...

too injury-prone after 25-years-old and the rockets provided too few supporting casts for him to really mount a challenge for the title

nevertheless credit to him for being fiercely loyal to the rockets

he could have done a "lebron james" some years ago to join a better team

Edited by Scion

Supercharged

He made the money already la. That's why retire.....

The money he earned, bring to china, can last 3 generations...

Supercharged

Yeah man, probably 5 gens.

No such thing as loyalty. He's there for the $$ only. Knowing PRC's mentality....

I feel prc is a very complicated term. Most are materialistic, some r fiercely loyal, some r ruthless, some r very intelligent.

Yao, I think, benefitted from national sports scheme n was very patriotic due to his education from young. But he was hardworking (voracious reader ) and exposed to more ideas.

I feel prc is a very complicated term. Most are materialistic, some r fiercely loyal, some r ruthless, some r very intelligent.

Yao, I think, benefitted from national sports scheme n was very patriotic due to his education from young. But he was hardworking (voracious reader ) and exposed to more ideas.

is he married...?

maybe he decided it's time to have more sex. [:p]

a human aft all.... [rolleyes] [rolleyes]

His wife is Ye Li. A former basketballer.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/archive/index.php/t-111282.html

"When he ordered his BMW 745, he specially requested BMW to carve onto the back of the car a sign "YY-11" which signify Yao Ming-Ye Li 11: 11 being their jersey numbers at the Rockets and the Chinese woman national team !!! The carpets in the BMW also has YY-11 engraved on them."

Turbocharged

No such thing as loyalty. He's there for the $$ only. Knowing PRC's mentality....

i feel sad for u

u wear coloured specs and u pray to money god only, and u think everyone's like u

Supercharged

i feel sad for u

u wear coloured specs and u pray to money god only, and u think everyone's like u

Oh come on bro..... Get realistic in this world.

U think these players go to another country for the love of the sport?

If that country can only pay the player lesser than his own country, u think the player will go??

Get real...... If a company in another country wants to hire you, but the offer is lesser than what you are getting now, will u go? Same job, same level..... Will u go?

U think why these FTs in SG are coming to SG? because they love and passionate for SG ?

Neutral Newbie

Why PRC mentality? I tot is human mentality.U mean only PRC do that?

Turbocharged

If that country can only pay the player lesser than his own country, u think the player will go??

Get real...... If a company in another country wants to hire you, but the offer is lesser than what you are getting now, will u go? Same job, same level..... Will u go?

U think why these FTs in SG are coming to SG? because they love and passionate for SG ?

But you make it sound like it is a uniquely PRC issue.

Turbocharged

i'm a fan of NBA

have watched NBA live on Friday and Saturday mornings until last year (switched to mioTV [:|] [:|] )

have followed NBA since Kareem Abdul-Jabbar days

being the best basketball tournament in the world, to be able to play in NBA is already full of pride for a professional player

i think u should be more objective... shouldn't let the dislike of FTs in Singapore get in the way of ur view

Turbocharged

dun understand...

almost every threads can be linked to the issue of FTs/PRs in SG

and to think, this is a sports thread and not a political one

i also dun like the influx of FTs (see them in kopitiams, foodcourts, packed MRTs, etc) and i also dun like the idea of PRs able to buy 2nd-hand flats...

but i dun link everything good or bad to them...

if i dun succeed and achieve my goals in life, i can only blame myself for not working hard enough (ok, and probably the govt too [laugh] )

↡ Advertisement