Poor coverage but telco won't waive termination fee

Hensony

If I were her, I would just terminate the plan. What can they do? Send me lawyer letters for the termination fee? If I ignore those letters, what can M1 do? I doubt they would escalate the matter by going to court for a paltry termination fee. This is a clear-cut case of a buyer not receiving the services he paid for from a seller. The buyer is justified to terminate the contract.

Poor coverage but telco won't waive termination fee

I AM an M1 mobile user and have been experiencing 'no service' or 'network lost' due to the weak network coverage both at home and in the office, which is in the west of the island.

It is common for me not to be able to send SMSes, make or receive calls and have no Internet connection. At times, I cannot even find the M1 service under the 'carrier' option of my mobile phone.

It has been more than nine months since I gave feedback to M1 on the weak coverage. I have written to and called M1 countless times.

In September last year, M1 advised me to download an application to test the connection speed. I gave them the results but no action was taken.

In December, M1 sent two engineers to my office to check on the signal strength. I was told that I would receive the results in a few days but I did not hear from anyone.

In March this year, I called M1 and was told there was an enhancement plan in place. It would, however, take some time as they needed to get the necessary approval and so on. When asked how long it would take, M1 was unable to commit and only said they would update me.

I called them again last month and was told that there was no enhancement plan at all.

I decided to terminate my mobile line, and requested waiver of the penalty fee due to early termination of my contract.

However, while M1 acknowledged that the coverage around my home and office area is weak, and that they cannot do anything about it, they are not prepared to grant me the waiver because of their business guidelines.

Agnes Neo (Ms)

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

Simple.

Use every social media and forums to post this. V soon, M1 will call her up and waive. Not only waive, maybe give her discounts in her future contracts.

it happens for M1, singtel, starhub. i dont understand how they still send engineer to entertain the Ms. if it is singtel, i believe they dont even bother.

Simple.

Use every social media and forums to post this. V soon, M1 will call her up and waive. Not only waive, maybe give her discounts in her future contracts.

STOMP it! attached with a angsty vid or vid with her sobbing..

M*1 will be banging down her down to offer compensation.

↡ Advertisement