Ah Long baits Teens with Easy Money

Mustank

Twincharged
(edited)

Actually it happens very long already.. just that recently Police become more ON.. and suddenly know so many illigal stuff that is undergoing.

Big boss put pressure on small rank of police to become so efficient now?

Edited by Yewheng

im receiving flyers from "authorized" money lenders everyday.

called them once to disturb and ask them "when you say authorized, it means you are legal?police won't catch me right?"

you kw what's their reply?

"of course legal. we are like hong leong finance. like bank la.police wun catch one la.we follow the law one"................ ................. -_-

Neutral Newbie

called them once to disturb and ask them "when you say authorized, it means you are legal?police won't catch me right?"

"of course legal. we are like hong leong finance. like bank la.police wun catch one la.we follow the law one"................ ................. -_-

They follow the Ah Long Law

actually i want to write in to the media

how come the police know the flyers are from ah long but open center page of newpaper everyday

sure got the same advertisement

why police never act?

i dont believe all those are legals with quick cash quick loan

if police were to act

then i guess the media will lose some income from those people who advertise

actually i want to write in to the media

how come the police know the flyers are from ah long but open center page of newpaper everyday

sure got the same advertisement

why police never act?

i dont believe all those are legals with quick cash quick loan

if police were to act

then i guess the media will lose some income from those people who advertise

those who advertise in the papers are licensed money-lenders who have been given the green light by the IPTO to lend money legally. No one can do anything to them because they are LEGAL under the law.

Does SPH actually verify these money lenders when they advertise ? I doubt so ? It is not the newspaper's job to verify their business license right ?

i thought such pamplets are from legal money lenders?

heck i'm not 14 but i had thought such pamplets or business cards are completely legal!

Does SPH actually verify these money lenders when they advertise ? I doubt so ? It is not the newspaper's job to verify their business license right ?

i think there is some disclaimer that the advertiser submitted information must be correct... the responsibility lies with the advertiser... or something like that....

HAHAHAAHAHA.. HONG LEONG FINANCE? knn. comparing a Chery to a Maybach..

heck i'm not 14 but i had thought such pamplets or business cards are completely legal!

i think they are those unlicense money lender who try to mixed it in with those many legal ones...

not to say those legal ones are saints.... they are just ex ah longs with clean records...

its like those chiong reno contractors... fake other ppl business reg number on their name cards to get reno business...

but actually no license one.... disappear with your money also cannot trace

How do you tell from just pamphlets ? Even look up ACRA also won't tell you whether the business is legal right ? It will only tell you the company exist. Anyone can register a company in a matter of minutes.

It's not their job, just like MCF won't verify whether you are really Female when you select "Female" in your profile.

Other than fake moneylenders, there are also a lot of fake plumber and contractors in the newspaper ads. Come to your house, don't fix anything and ask for $50 consultation fee. If you don't give them, they won't leave until you call the cops.

i think there is some disclaimer that the advertiser submitted information must be correct... the responsibility lies with the advertiser... or something like that....

It's not their job, just like MCF won't verify whether you are really Female when you select "Female" in your profile.

Other than fake moneylenders, there are also a lot of fake plumber and contractors in the newspaper ads. Come to your house, don't fix anything and ask for $50 consultation fee. If you don't give them, they won't leave until you call the cops.

hehe u very funny leh.... you ask a question, i answered, then u tell me the answer again... lolz

I agreed, and also give you another example to support the hypothesis. [laugh]

hehe u very funny leh.... you ask a question, i answered, then u tell me the answer again... lolz

to advertise you need to provide licence no. so all appear on papers are legal. once you secure a licence, you can engage "agents" to represent you to go find customers. all got your namecard plus licence no. printed. so you are right in a way that not all the names on ads have own licence but they sure have a master licence behind.

to start a biz like this, you must be very clean and show clarity in your books cos the authories will come in anytime to check your books. when we say anytime means once or twice a week if you r unlucky. if your books show something wrong, you can say bye bye to your licence.

once the authority come, all staff, agent, customers r to leave the operating premise and wait outside. no one is allow to touch anything or take anything out.

I agreed, and also give you another example to support the hypothesis. [laugh]

heng u agreed.... i thought my eyes playing tricks on me... hahah....

↡ Advertisement