Picanto or Getz.... Advise please...

Nlatio

Turbocharged

Looking for a second hand ride, 1000cc to 1300cc ride, low road tax, low fc and somewhat reliable. Looking at picanto or Getz. Which is a better choice. Prob a 4 to 5 years old ride. Any advise or any other recommendation? Thank you. Think to have a fair view, Bro Picanto cannot give suggestions..... Haaaa just joking, any advise us welcum. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Looking for a second hand ride, 1000cc to 1300cc ride, low road tax, low fc and somewhat reliable. Looking at picanto or Getz. Which is a better choice. Prob a 4 to 5 years old ride. Any advise or any other recommendation? Thank you. Think to have a fair view, Bro Picanto cannot give suggestions..... Haaaa just joking, any advise us welcum. [laugh]

manual or auto? i will choose Picanto for low road tax, low FC. Getz for bigger cabin and boot space.

• Praise 1

Depends on what you want. In my personal opinion the Getz is way too underpowered with the 1.1L engine because it's heavier than the Picanto. If you want the Getz should get the larger engine version.

Also, if you can I'd recommend the manual version. Picanto or Getz auto are very slow. Going up Sheares bridge with 3-4 people, you can feel the car struggling to make it.

Lastly Picanto was recently voted most reliable car in UK. Not surprising since it's such a basic car with mostly mechanical parts and few electronics & gadgets. Less things to spoil = more reliable.

• Praise 1

manual or auto? i will choose Picanto for low road tax, low FC. Getz for bigger cabin and boot space.

Second that. Getz FC higher than Picanto.

Get a manual ride if you want better FC and power.

• Praise 1

Picanto loh, easy to drive n looks better imo.

Just mod it with quick-flash, CAI, air filter aftermarket and it will be drivable.

Driven getz 1L or 1.1L manual. Find it rather powerful for such a small car. Picanto my friend have alot of problem with the gear and lightings in the dashboard on a one year old car.

Fork out a bit more and get a manual jazz. this car has got everything else except power, speed and luxury.

It's a very good product. I should've kept mine as a spare car... regretted the sale...

it seems like you are into hatchback.

How about Rio or Verna?

Supercharged

think Picanto already phrased out by Kia... speaks volume of its durability and appeal...

not sure abt Getz though...

i was a 1.1M getz owner last time.. everything works well except it is manual... auto driving is so much fuss free haha..

Supersonic

think Picanto already phrased out by Kia... speaks volume of its durability and appeal...

not sure abt Getz though...

i was a 1.1M getz owner last time.. everything works well except it is manual... auto driving is so much fuss free haha..

Both picanto & getz already phased out by the agent. Esp the current high COE, dont think small cars can survive.