Knee problem helpppppppp.

Cdior

i fall down 3 weeks ago... n since than, i canot walk for 1 week, my knee cant bend, till now...

the doc today say, do a MRI to confirm the problem. he say min. meniscus tear to worse acl tear.

i ask him to admit me into hosipital so i can claim insurance, he say not possible cos gov hosipital no space.

i do not wan to pay 1000+ to do a scan for a knee. n i wan to scan 2 knee =(

he suggest, just operate it, n they will put a scope inside n fix it for me.

anyone know any pte doc or hosipital, can admit me n do the scan + op so i can save the $2000++

thanks !!

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Call 995 and have the ambulance sent you to A&E immediate surgery.

I dun understand. You rather risk having an infection(I think already damn infected cos you can't walk) dan spent the 1k to do a scan but you would rather pay more to see a pte doc....oh you do know it cost more to see a pte doc and admit into a pte hospital? And to do a scan in a pte cost more dan 1k?

Call 995 before you loose your leg. The inflammation in your knee is no joke, if crystalised lagi worst. You end up paying more cos you delay too much.

Edited by Watwheels

Not being suggestive, but just to share..

I delayed for 5 years before deciding to go for MRI and the knife (key hole these days lah!)

MRI showed ACL total tear.. and I didnt feel a thing.. knee just buckled now and then but always pops back when I straightened it..

Call 995 and have the ambulance sent you to A&E immediate surgery.

I dun understand. You rather risk having an infection(I think already damn infected cos you can't walk) dan spent the 1k to do a scan but you would rather pay more to see a pte doc....oh you do know it cost more to see a pte doc and admit into a pte hospital? And to do a scan in a pte cost more dan 1k?

Call 995 before you loose your leg. The inflammation in your knee is no joke, if crystalised lagi worst. You end up paying more cos you delay too much.

Something damn wrong lor , last time I kena accident , ambulance sent me to AE , stay only half day they discharge me liao , with broken leg ! cant even walk and almost fainted before reah home in a taxi ! f--k dont know it is because they dont want us to claim insurance or wat ?

Hi Bro,

MRI for 1 knee is abt 700 for private at CGH. It's takes abt 1 week before they complete the analysis for the scan. Which means u still have to wait before u can proceed with surgery.

Are ur knees very swollen and feel that the knee is loose & buckling? If so u cld have torn ur ligaments... U wld require surgery to repair it takes abt 6 to 9 mths to recover with plenty of rehab between..

U could ignore the surgery if ur lifestyle permits but seek advise from doc.

If u have problems straightening ur knees.. Ur meniscus cld be torn.. Doc will scope & determine either to remove or repair. Remove is easier to recover. U cld even walk aft op. Repair will take longer time abt 3 mths more as u have to immobilize the knee to let the torn menicus heal back.

$$$ is imp but if u can still afford, quickly check & dun delay treatment !!

Wanna save money, go polyclinic, ask doctor to give refer letter, perhaps may squeeze you in at the earliest appointment, then everything will be at a subsidized rate then. Also check if you can pay by Medisave then. Of course do it at your own risks though for your knee been swollen for 3 weeks already.

Bro, which doc did u go to? Follow the other bros advice. It sounds serious. Might have torn ur ACL. Hope not. Might have to Ice it to bring down the swelling. Take care bro. Health more important than money.

i fall down 3 weeks ago... n since than, i canot walk for 1 week, my knee cant bend, till now...

the doc today say, do a MRI to confirm the problem. he say min. meniscus tear to worse acl tear.

i ask him to admit me into hosipital so i can claim insurance, he say not possible cos gov hosipital no space.

anyone know any pte doc or hosipital, can admit me n do the scan + op so i can save the $2000++

thanks !!

Better go JB and get it done, C & G, if you want it done fast, same equip and function, diff doc but good and reliable.

Dun laugh and I'm not kidding, get it done asap !!

Better go JB and get it done, C & G, if you want it done fast, same equip and function, diff doc but good and reliable.

Dun laugh and I'm not kidding, get it done asap !!

I heard can use medic save and insurance too ? C&G is which hospital ? Got one Columbia Asia near bukit indah can or not ?

thanks !!

request for admission into B1 ward or higher.. definitely will have space.. unless your hospitalization plan is so jialat until can't even let you ward into B1 ward...

thanks !!

If you are kidding with us this is ticklish. If you are not, this is serious knee injury that can have you bedridden soon. I am not surprise if 5-figure medical treatment required by then. You want to save $2k to pay for 5-figure?

A brother of mine already went through such agony last year (had to be hospitalised for weeks).

Bro....Knee is rather important....$ can earn back but not the Knee...

Solve the problem when u r young so it will heal faster n better...not till u r old...

PS: Advice from Older Gen..try to refrain from sex or Pcc until it heal completely....coz it will slow down the healing.

Since you are already unable to walk, i dont think even government doctor will reject you from going to Hospital.

Try visit a private docyor for second opinion. They are more than willing to admit you to nearest hospital and have an MRI done.

You need to stay at least a night to cliam insurance for it. Private doctors know what to do, just tell them your problem and you need to claim insurance.

Of course, dont try to 'keng' for any other reasons lar!

btw, my meniscus was torn >10yr ago. no need op since i'm no sports man.

Try Raffles Hospital, look for Dr Lim YW. I did a MRI on my left knee, cost about $800++, found that my patella had shifted.

Bro....Knee is rather important....$ can earn back but not the Knee...

Solve the problem when u r young so it will heal faster n better...not till u r old...

PS: Advice from Older Gen..try to refrain from sex or Pcc until it heal completely....coz it will slow down the healing.

Err...refrain fr sex I understand but wat does Pcc gotta do with the knees [confused]

Err...refrain fr sex I understand but wat does Pcc gotta do with the knees [confused]

Your regenerative cells goes to the dick if you pcc too much whereas the knees need it....lol

Supercharged

Wats e diff between Orthopaedic n Chiropractic docs?

My understanding...

Orthopaedic uses knife and drug to solve problem.

Chiropractic - The root cause of all problem is the spine. Get the spine right, all problem will be cured.

↡ Advertisement