Need Help: Workshop to replace Wheel Bearing.

Kieran1975

(edited)

Hi,

My car now "sound" like driving an aeroplane and likely the front wheel bearing up lorry liao.... [furious]

Any bro here can recommend a workshop that have the "proper" equipments/tools to do the job? [drivingcar]

Edited by Kieran1975
↡ Advertisement

If your ride is still Alfa, better to buy own bearing and find a workshop to replace it.

I tried BCC to repair conti car before, wheel bearing replacement is basic routine repairs.

Neutral Newbie

Hi bro, it depend on wat car you are driving, as this determine the type of wheel bearing hub used. Most are in one set, dun need special equipments to fix it in, most workshops can do it.

I had mine done in JB, was charged RM88, inclusive of regular servicing and changing of rear brake lamp. OF course, i bring my own oil and parts to cut down the cost.

(edited)

Just get my changed mine last week but not a "simple" job as the wheel bearing got a lot of rust and have to knock it out using a "Big" hammer....

The workshop i went have the "equipment" to press the "new" bearing in....

[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Edited by Kieran1975

Hi,

My car now "sound" like driving an aeroplane and likely the front wheel bearing up lorry liao.... [furious]

Any bro here can recommend a workshop that have the "proper" equipments/tools to do the job? [drivingcar]

Me too now also seem bothered by loud "woning" sound when driving, don't know is it from tyres or from wheel bearings leh....but seem only from front, before that noise seem from back before I rotate tyre. So confusing.....

Can worn wheel bearing affect FC? As my FC also very bad now.

Hi all, my father's car is having the 'wong Wong' sound from the front left wheel. Did wheel balancing and alignment. The tyres are still quite new. I believe it might be the wheel bearing problem. The workshop told it might be the rims also which I dun quite think so. The car is a Honda civic 1.6 mileage are 70k.

Any reliable workshops are central area to recommend? How long does the wheel bearing take to change and how much. Wun mind buying the part from honda dealer to fix. Thanks.

Neutral Newbie

My Swift just b4 CNY changed 1 set/pair Rear Wheel Bearing at $160.

Kum Chew Motor at Sin Ming...

Directly opposite Man Exhaust.

Cheers

Hi,

U sure it's not your tyres???

Wheel bearing sound is Wong wong, not aeroplane....

Or could it be your ICE setup??

Hi all, my father's car is having the 'wong Wong' sound from the front left wheel. Did wheel balancing and alignment. The tyres are still quite new. I believe it might be the wheel bearing problem. The workshop told it might be the rims also which I dun quite think so. The car is a Honda civic 1.6 mileage are 70k.

Any reliable workshops are central area to recommend? How long does the wheel bearing take to change and how much. Wun mind buying the part from honda dealer to fix. Thanks.

Why not bring to KAH motor and ask them check first? Then go outside WS to repair it..... Buy your own parts.....

Me too now also seem bothered by loud "woning" sound when driving, don't know is it from tyres or from wheel bearings leh....but seem only from front, before that noise seem from back before I rotate tyre. So confusing.....

Can worn wheel bearing affect FC? As my FC also very bad now.

It's your tyres lah!! Before u rotate, u said the sound comes from the back, then rotate, the sound is at front. U think the spoilt wheel bearing can travel from back to front by itself?!

My Swift just b4 CNY changed 1 set/pair Rear Wheel Bearing at $160.

Kum Chew Motor at Sin Ming...

Directly opposite Man Exhaust.

Cheers

Incl parts or juz labour?

Swift sport rear wheel bearing 1 pc alone already cost about $200

Neutral Newbie

Bro I found my car has "woo wooing " sound suspected rear wheel bearing worn out. Car model Altis 2005. please help . Workshop , parts and labour...........Thanks in advance.

Neutral Newbie

Bro I found my car has "woo wooing " sound suspected rear wheel bearing worn out. Car model Altis 2005. please help . I need your help Workshop , parts and labour...........Thanks in advance.

If your bearings are worn, it will create the sound you had mentioned. A way to check is when your car is jacked up, pls turn the wheels and there should be some vibration at the lower arm or the drive shaft. Most workshops should have this expertise to detect and change. It is. It a difficult job for most jap makes.

↡ Advertisement