Tail gate and road hog

Tom_kkh

Supercharged

no, only workshop or insurance bills...

ok, jokes aside...have heard/seen TP warning motorist but nvr see them issuing tickets for it thou.

if really get it, must buy 4D cos u find more drivers speeding than go like snail.

just curious, do you get tickets for the above?

how much and any demerit points?

Road hogging, yes if seen by police....

tailgating, so far no report unless the front driver make any summon against the rear driver. Very hard to proof as the front driver himself is 'road hogging' ..... [sly]

....... [lipsrsealed][lipsrsealed] whoever tailgate me will lost his/her NCB thats all cos I will jammed brake and let it slam onto my vehicle.

Then I claim against the other party insurance ...... :ph34r:

There is an offence under the Road Traffic Act of which 'Failing to Keep a Proper Lookout' or 'Failing to Keep a Proper Distant' carries a 3 points & $150/- fine. So when it hit the front vehicle, good luck to the rear vehicle.... [mad]

....... [lipsrsealed][lipsrsealed] whoever tailgate me will lost his/her NCB thats all cos I will jammed brake and let it slam onto my vehicle.

There is an offence under the Road Traffic Act of which 'Failing to Keep a Proper Lookout' or 'Failing to Keep a Proper Distant' carries a 3 points & $150/- fine. So when it hit the front vehicle, good luck to the rear vehicle.... [mad]

Apparently many road accidents are caused by tailgating... some of these accidents cause big jams on expressways/mainroads during peak hours, others road users are delayed big time as a result.

Some other countries are considering in addition to fining the tailgaters, there should be an extra fine called 'delay fine' to make the culprits pay for the delays they cause the other road users to suffer.

Based on traffic statiscs, the number of cars passing thru different sectors of eways etc can be worked out. The 'delay fine' will be calculated by:-

nos. of cars (per hour) X $Z = total delay fine

$Z can be based on average salaries of road users, lets say $1500 per month, ie about $9 per hour.

lets say the pile-up on average take an hour to clear, and 9000 cars pass thru per hour:

the delay fine = 9000 x 9 = $81,000 per hour of delay

give a discount of 30%, it becomes $56,000+-

this fine will deter tailgating......

and if the bugger still tailgates, you jam brake, he bits your rear and straight away kenna $56k fine [bounce1]

LTA/TP dont keep the fine, it will be put into a pool for charity. You can take 1% of it ie $560 [cool]

On?

and if the bugger still tailgates, you jam brake, he bits your rear and straight away kenna $56k fine [bounce1]

LTA/TP dont keep the fine, it will be put into a pool for charity. You can take 1% of it ie $560 [cool]

On?

You take $560/- not enough for repair money. Bumper cost $380/- (OEM), spray painting $200, bumper bracket $120 per piece & lost of use $100/- per day. This if only the bumper dented.

What if some more other damages like, boot, sides guards, tail-lights, ...... etc.... :ph34r:

You take $560/- not enough for repair money. Bumper cost $380/- (OEM), spray painting $200, bumper bracket $120 per piece & lost of use $100/- per day. This if only the bumper dented.

What if some more other damages like, boot, sides guards, tail-lights, ...... etc.... :ph34r:

Dont worry, the 560 is over and above the usual claim for repairs... sorry i forgot to make this clear in previous post

wht if he has car cam? he can also hit u back for purposely jam brake?

I remember, (30 years ago) my mother drives damn slow on lane 1, whenever TP pass by will always ask her go second lane. never once got fine.

thats y very curious... a friend was given warning for tailgating last month, no fine too. so quite grey area i guess.

[thumbsup][thumbsup] and tax free ...........

LOL........... now wait for idiots to tailgate (opps, this is not laws yet... too early to say)

I remember, (30 years ago) my mother drives damn slow on lane 1, whenever TP pass by will always ask her go second lane. never once got fine.

thats y very curious... a friend was given warning for tailgating last month, no fine too. so quite grey area i guess.

you've a point, but i thought whatever the case if it's proven that the guy behind has been tailgating before he hits the front car, no case for him [;)] ... his in-car cam will show he didnt keep the safe distance

Neutral Newbie

r u one of those road hoggers that hog overtaking lane, and has a long line of cars behind you? Pls dun blame pple for tailgating you. Pple tailgate becos the front car is slow in overtaking lane. Note that i say overtaking lane only, and certainly no offence to you.

SOmetimes many pple fail to see y they are being tailgated, instead tinking they are right for travelling very slow on the overtaking lane since "everyone pays road tax".....

Got told off by TP once, when driving SAF vehicle with SWD that is slower than bicycle. But no ticket.

we drive too fast, they give us tickets, we drive too slow, we give them

maybe he's waiting for you to give him ticket

sorry, talking nosense here, pai seh

r u one of those road hoggers that hog overtaking lane, and has a long line of cars behind you? Pls dun blame pple for tailgating you. Pple tailgate becos the front car is slow in overtaking lane. Note that i say overtaking lane only, and certainly no offence to you.

SOmetimes many pple fail to see y they are being tailgated, instead tinking they are right for travelling very slow on the overtaking lane since "everyone pays road tax".....

doubt he's such a case... he drives at normal / fast speed

Ah... then you better make sure your brakes are better than mine ^_^

you've a point, but i thought whatever the case if it's proven that the guy behind has been tailgating before he hits the front car, no case for him [;)] ... his in-car cam will show he didnt keep the safe distance

i remember there was a case a WRX purposely jam brake and the car behind kiss his backside.

they went to court and the car that knocked the WRX got video to show the WRX jam brake for nothing.

the WRX pay for all damages and lawyer fees, kana fine and demerit point some more for dangerous driving :D

I don't think the rear car cam could see a cat running in front of the first vehicle ...... [sly]

or my air-con spoiled and window down, suddenly a sand got into my eye ...... [idea][:p][:p]

↡ Advertisement