Shock absorbers for Nissan Teana

Schell31

Hi all

The ride of my 3 year old Teana is quite harsh and i suspect the shock absorbers may have been leaking.

Does anyone have any experience in terms of changing shock absorber for this car and which brand is better ? OEM vs After market?

↡ Advertisement

Hi all

The ride of my 3 year old Teana is quite harsh and i suspect the shock absorbers may have been leaking.

Does anyone have any experience in terms of changing shock absorber for this car and which brand is better ? OEM vs After market?

Go back to originals even though it is double the cost . Last time I changed to aftermarket (KYB) for my Cefiro and it messed the ride quality. I have learnt my lesson and my next change of shock absorbers for my also 3 year old Teana will be originals.

Go back to originals even though it is double the cost . Last time I changed to aftermarket (KYB) for my Cefiro and it messed the ride quality. I have learnt my lesson and my next change of shock absorbers for my also 3 year old Teana will be originals.

Hi Nav14

thanks for the advice. Do you know what brand of the Original Shock Absorber?

Called up a couple of stockists, only original Nissan absorber is available. Cost $130 per side for rear. Usually change 2 pcs at one go.

Hi Nav14

thanks for the advice. Do you know what brand of the Original Shock Absorber?

Nissan brand [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] as the word original word implies... asking a question that is so... funny

just changed both my rear shocks. FYI genuine Nissan shocks are also made by KYB. Just that i have called up a few stokists and was told that KYB don't have stanalone part for Teana, must buy Nissan branded KYB shocks.. knn

My Cefiro 2.3JM front shock absorber leaking, Tan Chong Motors are asking for 926$ to replace the front pair !!

Which stockist did you guys get the replacements for and is it roughly around 130$ per side as quoted earlier?

Also need to change the engine mountings (TCM quote is 751$ for side mountings).

Can these be bought from stockist as well?

Edited by Roadie

My Cefiro 2.3JM front shock absorber leaking, Tan Chong Motors are asking for 926$ to replace the front pair !!

Which stockist did you guys get the replacements for and is it roughly around 130$ per side as quoted earlier?

Also need to change the engine mountings (TCM quote is 751$ for side mountings).

It is always much more expensive to change anything at agent.

If u can get the parts form either authorised spareparts shop or // importer n get yr ws to change, u sud save quite a lot.

Parts for Nissan u can try Fong Tat at Lavender St. Original Nissan parts or source for OEM parts even cheaper.

There r a few shops selling KYB shocks but now some r made in Thailand n some from Japan. Teana I think sud b Japan so source from those who carry KYB from Japan.

I used to get from a shop at Race Course Rd. Cant remember the name now though. There r several who hv either from Jap or Thai. U can try to search here in MCF. There were many discussions on KYB shocks here.

There is a package deal for Cefiro which cost $786 (Pakage includes 2 pcs Front Strut, Both front Rubber Bump and 2 pcs Rear Shock Absorber). Call Nissan directly.

shock_absorbers.pdf

Edited by Wallaw819
↡ Advertisement