Who are these people on the overhead bridge?

Hondavvvtec

I noticed recently when i travelled on few expressways recently that some guys are on the overhead bridge, using their tripod or handheld camera / camcorder to record the cars on the road. They are not wearing any similar type of uniform (plain clothes), neither were them TP. Take for example today, i travelled in KJE, i spotted them just after Tengah. I went all the way from KJE to TPE and spotted another one on the bridge. They just pretend not to do anything and stand few metres away from their camera. The camera was aiming at the cars on the road. They dont look like students on project, instead were adults

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Question: I've been seeing this tripod/ camera thing on the bridge outside NTU, PIE towards Tuas. But it was not manned. Do they have to man it or it is on auto-focus?

Check the car speeds.

If too slow...they will recommend TP install ERP there.

If too fast....they will recommend TP the best place to set up laser cam to maximize summon revenue.

I am happy our gov is working and making my road tax and COE worthwhile.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

I supposed they are sent yy LTA to do some research works. They do get part time staff to help them count the number of cars passing by, simply by using counters. Maybe they have upgraded and use digital recording to analyse no of cars passing by. Well, guess that will beat having ppl standing around and count :)

Edited by Cichildae

Turbocharged

I supposed they are sent yy LTA to do some research works. They do get part time staff to help them count the number of cars passing by, simply by using counters. Maybe they have upgraded and use digital recording to analyse no of cars passing by. Well, guess that will beat having ppl standing around and count :)

I've done the LTA research eons ago. Stand by the road side and count empty taxis. Pays around $7 an hour iirc. But that was more than 20 years ago. [laugh]

Question: I've been seeing this tripod/ camera thing on the bridge outside NTU, PIE towards Tuas. But it was not manned. Do they have to man it or it is on auto-focus?

so are those camera still on the bridge after u left the bridge?

Bro, i saw one on the bridge outside Ngee Ann poly (PIE towards Tuas just after Bukit Timah).

I thought it was TP, but like u mentioned it was unmanned.....

Honestly...I support you and others who does it.

It will cause more smoother traffic and lorries will obey the keep left rule.

And cars will move at uniform speed, leading to more smooth traffic.

Next time i wana try bring camera on the bridge liao.. see got any car suddenly cham brake when see me..haha

maybe new fetish...instead of upskirt or down blouse.....this is call down car

Best is see chio bu driving with the top down. Can capture the nice airbags.

↡ Advertisement