Kimi to replace webber? Yeah!!

SimonTan

Less than 2 days after Mark Webber sensationally disobeyed team orders at the British Grand Prix the German newspaper Bild-Zeitung has reported that he is to be replaced.

In reference to Webber, Red Bull's driver manager Helmut Marko told Bild recently: "We have other options but I don't want to talk about them now."

The newspaper claims to have information stemming from a source "at the highest level" which suggests that a deal is being done with Kimi Raikkonen.

Raikkonen recently spoke to a Finnish journalist and said "I have never said that my formula 1 career is over", although Christian Horner said "I believe he has put F1 behind him".

The potential move would see Vettel and his badminton partner and friend Kimi Raikkonen paired together for 2012.

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged
(edited)

Less than 2 days after Mark Webber sensationally disobeyed team orders at the British Grand Prix the German newspaper Bild-Zeitung has reported that he is to be replaced.

In reference to Webber, Red Bull's driver manager Helmut Marko told Bild recently: "We have other options but I don't want to talk about them now."

The newspaper claims to have information stemming from a source "at the highest level" which suggests that a deal is being done with Kimi Raikkonen.

Raikkonen recently spoke to a Finnish journalist and said "I have never said that my formula 1 career is over", although Christian Horner said "I believe he has put F1 behind him".

The potential move would see Vettel and his badminton partner and friend Kimi Raikkonen paired together for 2012.

Edited by Yewheng

Twincharged

If this news is official (not found on F1 or racing-live) then I am glad to see him back after 2.5 yrs away from F1. :D

The 2.5 years seems very long... (at least to me) .. I almost forget is 2.5 years and thought is many years.. [laugh] [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

The 2.5 years seems very long... (at least to me) .. I almost forget is 2.5 years and thought is many years.. [laugh] [laugh]

yeah..WRC was never for him anyway..should have gone back to F1...

yeah definately kimi needs to be back in formula 1...its good that he is trying out diff motorsports now though....but he is still one of the best drivers in F1

Twincharged
(edited)

yeah definately kimi needs to be back in formula 1...its good that he is trying out diff motorsports now though....but he is still one of the best drivers in F1

I still remember watching one of the race he hang on with one of the flat spot tyre.. for many laps.. for 1st place ( forget how many laps..) till last lap the tyre finally give way.. and crash in a spaticular way.. it was so amazing and entertaining to watch.. and also another of the race at Italy (should be can't quite remember) where he battled all the way from last position to 1st position.. and is simply amasing.. These are the days..

Edited by Yewheng