Jaguar X-Type vs Saab 9-5 vs Saab 9-3

Sabbie

Hi Guys, as some of you guys know I drive a VW Touran and finger itchy, would like to stick to conti makes and at the same time not blow too much money....the choices above seems reasonable good value for money on the 2nd hand market....which will you choose? Thanks.

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Would consider the s60 or the xF?

Given ur choices, it would be the 9-3 for me.

Edited by Shox87

Would consider the s60 or the xF?

Given ur choices, it would be the 9-3 for me.

XF is out of range, S60 maybe, if 9-3, 9-3 troll or 9-3 linear?

Turbocharged

Hi Guys, as some of you guys know I drive a VW Touran and finger itchy, would like to stick to conti makes and at the same time not blow too much money....the choices above seems reasonable good value for money on the 2nd hand market....which will you choose? Thanks.

x-type ugly lah, why not alfa since u going for saab? or s60?

New 9-5 [rolleyes]

Old 9-5 if you are ok with a minor/major problem after 100k.

are 9-5s problematic after 100K? I also heard the jag is problematic after 100K, some even have to totally overhaul the gearbox, don't know true or not

x-type ugly lah, why not alfa since u going for saab? or s60?

actually I was calculating more based on monthly installment, saab 9-3 9-5 and x type about the same....159 slightly more ex although i did considered it...

are 9-5s problematic after 100K? I also heard the jag is problematic after 100K, some even have to totally overhaul the gearbox, don't know true or not

Personal experience. Depreciation less than 7k per year, not too bad for a car of this class.

Not problematic lah. Just wear and tear and usual stuff.

Personal experience. Depreciation less than 7k per year, not too bad for a car of this class.

Not problematic lah. Just wear and tear and usual stuff.

yup i am really leaning towards the 9-5 with 185bhp or the 9-3troll with 195bhp....

XF is out of range, S60 maybe, if 9-3, 9-3 troll or 9-3 linear?

Prolly get the troll as it's more bang for buck as u r looking at the 2nd hand market. Price diff wouldn't be too big as well.

Prolly get the troll as it's more bang for buck as u r looking at the 2nd hand market. Price diff wouldn't be too big as well.

i think so too but seems like alot of saabs being sold by this boeki motors at sin ming...wonder if they are okay, give 2 years warranty too but too bad i stay in the east

Turbocharged

yup i am really leaning towards the 9-5 with 185bhp or the 9-3troll with 195bhp....

a s60 T5 would be good choice if u looking for power

dun wan to complicate matters, so jus this 3, i wil choose 9-3....nicest n highest pose value ^_^

all rightz, another 9-3, if i can't find the troll, how's the normal lpt?