Jaguar X-Type vs Saab 9-5 vs Saab 9-3

Sabbie

i think so too but seems like alot of saabs being sold by this boeki motors at sin ming...wonder if they are okay, give 2 years warranty too but too bad i stay in the east

Haha sounds like u r pretty fixed on the 9-3 already. Haha. Why not head to their showroom this weekend and test drive the car to get a better feel.

U might wanna check whether the car comes with the hirsch chip up kit? Makes the drive a whole lot sweeter.

Haha sounds like u r pretty fixed on the 9-3 already. Haha. Why not head to their showroom this weekend and test drive the car to get a better feel.

U might wanna check whether the car comes with the hirsch chip up kit? Makes the drive a whole lot sweeter.

lol...must control my itch....changing cars is really wasting money.....but will look see before making a final decision...

Hi Guys, as some of you guys know I drive a VW Touran and finger itchy, would like to stick to conti makes and at the same time not blow too much money....the choices above seems reasonable good value for money on the 2nd hand market....which will you choose? Thanks.

saab vs Jaguar x type which is actually selling as a ford in some country, i will take a saab.

not bcoz of the branding only but the LPT.

between 93 and 95, will take 95 for the space and higher equipment.

chip up depends on how far u go. Hirsch is good if you want to stop at stage 1, otherwise, there's others out there with better upgrade option

saab vs Jaguar x type which is actually selling as a ford in some country, i will take a saab.

not bcoz of the branding only but the LPT.

between 93 and 95, will take 95 for the space and higher equipment.

chip up depends on how far u go. Hirsch is good if you want to stop at stage 1, otherwise, there's others out there with better upgrade option

Thanks for the advice, I am not exactly a brand slut although I think in Singapore, most would perceive Jaguar as a Premium brand and most would huh what is Saab...

Thanks for the advice, I am not exactly a brand slut although I think in Singapore, most would perceive Jaguar as a Premium brand and most would huh what is Saab...

take the saab.. i'm not exactly a brand person either.. i follow what i like, not what others like

take the saab.. i'm not exactly a brand person either.. i follow what i like, not what others like

Saab always appeal to me as the intellectual man's thinking car..... [:)]

Hi Guys, as some of you guys know I drive a VW Touran and finger itchy, would like to stick to conti makes and at the same time not blow too much money....the choices above seems reasonable good value for money on the 2nd hand market....which will you choose? Thanks.

my experiences with XS Jag is it's too heavy on the back, going upslope would be a pain, no resale value

Saab 93/95/Y07-09 was basically ok but a petrol-guzzler, so it's out for me too

have not touch VW Touran, but Passat was good and performance power on 1.8Turbo, my 2ct worth car-dealers say stay away from Citroen and Peugeot, no resale value too.

You're not wrong to say the least,

But then, in the resale market, one will consider what the market can offer a competitive value as ' no much value "

I had learnt this based on my 30 years of owning/driving, buying and selling cars here.

No, I'm not used car dealer, never is and never was.

my experiences with XS Jag is it's too heavy on the back, going upslope would be a pain, no resale value

Saab 93/95/Y07-09 was basically ok but a petrol-guzzler, so it's out for me too

have not touch VW Touran, but Passat was good and performance power on 1.8Turbo, my 2ct worth car-dealers say stay away from Citroen and Peugeot, no resale value too.

Yup, no resale value is good for me becos I really regretted whenever I buy a brand new car...so I look for good cars with no resale value in the 2nd hand market....

You're not wrong to say the least,

But then, in the resale market, one will consider what the market can offer a competitive value as ' no much value "

I had learnt this based on my 30 years of owning/driving, buying and selling cars here.

No, I'm not used car dealer, never is and never was.

i know where you are coming from...

but for cars having good resale value, it usually means the buyer also buy it with a higher price.. buy high, sell high...

Supercharged
(edited)

Yup, no resale value is good for me becos I really regretted whenever I buy a brand new car...so I look for good cars with no resale value in the 2nd hand market....

in actual fact, i always buy higher quality but low resale value car in the second hand market.

works very well for me so far, easy on the pocket, resell it also limited $ damage but enjoying the quality ride.

Edited by Acemundo

in actual fact, i always buy higher quality but low resale value car in the second hand market.

works very well for me so far, easy on the pocket, resell it also limited $ damage but enjoying the quality ride.

Yup, let the first owner take the depreciation for the first few years and limit the damage for people like me who like to change cars, still suffering big losses from the 2 times I bought a brand new car though....sometimes the new car smell also very addictive....

Supercharged

Yup, let the first owner take the depreciation for the first few years and limit the damage for people like me who like to change cars, still suffering big losses from the 2 times I bought a brand new car though....sometimes the new car smell also very addictive....

i only bought new car once and swore will never buy new again.

resale is still much more easy on pocket and less risk invovled too.

i only bought new car once and swore will never buy new again.

resale is still much more easy on pocket and less risk invovled too.

Yup, I learned it the hard way...especially for non "premium" conti makes...

↡ Advertisement