Range Rover Evoque

SCChia

Am going to collect my ride in 2 weeks time...after reading the post in this forum starts to make me feel worried...  :scared:

Hope the car is reliable and not a lemon...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Once you decided never look back. Jag/RR is slowly coming up in the quality. Actually they are much much better now. It is a nice looking car too. Enjoy!

Am going to collect my ride in 2 weeks time...after reading the post in this forum starts to make me feel worried...  :scared:

Hope the car is reliable and not a lemon...

Neutral Newbie

@orhbi nothing to worry too much, worst case just last you max 10years, not lifetime...

My ride so far so good, except i disagreed with wearnes labour charge is too expensive; change 1 pair of rearbrake ask for labour or $300

@orhbi nothing to worry too much, worst case just last you max 10years, not lifetime...

My ride so far so good, except i disagreed with wearnes labour charge is too expensive; change 1 pair of rearbrake ask for labour or $300 ð¤

Wearnes servicing cost is too hefty.. when i enquired last time as i was interested in the evoque.. each time send in at least $800 regardless. Oil change also $800

Siao lo.. they change what oil need $800

@Lfwill thanks for the assurance. Was looking at GLC and Evoque and chose evoque for the feel and look. Didnt check regarding the servicing rates which is a mistake on my part. At least for first 5 years the car comes with free servicing so i can have lesser damage on my wallet when it comes to servicing of the car. Once warranty is over will have to look for reliable workshop that can service the car at reasonable price.

Received my new ride on Friday and definitely a powerful nice car though i still have much to learn about the car and get familiarise with it.

• Praise 3

After driving the car for 1 week, i notice the following and hope Evoque owner here can share and advise:-

- When I pressed the tailgate button to let it close automatically, the sound made by the hydraulic pumps is pretty loud.  Is that normal?

- When reversing, the camera does not turn on 100%.  Sometimes it shows the camera footage, sometime it shows the graphic of the rear sensor coverage.  What must i do to have the camera footage always ON when reversing?

- Is there a way to lower the loud reverse warning alarm sound?

Thanks in advance.

Hi , need some advice.. just got a used 2015 Evoque lately. When I depressed my brake from high speed to slow speed, around 20km/h that point I will hear a sound. The sound is like screeching metal sound. After crossing that point, there will be no more screeching sound.  Went to a workshop and they said is a natural behavior of Land rover when the 2 wheel drive system engaged to become 4 wheel drive system.

Any bros here has the same experience? Please advise.

Thanks

• Praise 1

Hi , need some advice.. just got a used 2015 Evoque lately. When I depressed my brake from high speed to slow speed, around 20km/h that point I will hear a sound. The sound is like screeching metal sound. After crossing that point, there will be no more screeching sound. Went to a workshop and they said is a natural behavior of Land rover when the 2 wheel drive system engaged to become 4 wheel drive system.

Thanks

Hi Retrocar. It's TRUE. I brought the car back to wearnes and the service engineer switched the display to the all wheel drive mode and then braked to show how the noise kicks in when the display shows the drive terrain switching from 4 to 2 wheel. This is a common trait. Above 40km/h, the car goes into 2 wheel mode. Likewise when you brake and reduce speed to 40km/h and below, the 4 wheel will engage. That's what I gathered from the engineers.
  • Praise 1

That's a bad design if the noise is present in all evoque models and cannot be eliminated. 

Hi Retrocar. It's TRUE. I brought the car back to wearnes and the service engineer switched the display to the all wheel drive mode and then braked to show how the noise kicks in when the display shows the drive terrain switching from 4 to 2 wheel. This is a common trait. Above 40km/h, the car goes into 2 wheel mode. Likewise when you brake and reduce speed to 40km/h and below, the 4 wheel will engage. That's what I gathered from the engineers.

• Praise 1

I have never heard of this in a car with active 4WD system.  Switch from 4 to 2 n back got sound?  I think RR gotta fix it quick before something bad happens.

Hi bro,

Thanks for the reply. I been to two workshops and they also confirmed the normal behaviour. Abit annoying sometimes but guess I have to live with it. Next time during test drive ears should open bigger lol

I have never heard of this in a car with active 4WD system. Switch from 4 to 2 n back got sound? I think RR gotta fix it quick before something bad happens.

Is switch from 2 to 4 got sound. I went to RR AD and they told me the same as what the other bro had mentioned here. That the reason I need to find another evoque drivers here to prove the claim. Thanks
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi , need some advice.. just got a used 2015 Evoque lately. When I depressed my brake from high speed to slow speed, around 20km/h that point I will hear a sound. The sound is like screeching metal sound. After crossing that point, there will be no more screeching sound. Went to a workshop and they said is a natural behavior of Land rover when the 2 wheel drive system engaged to become 4 wheel drive system.

Thanks

Dont have this problem for 2016 model... but having brake chirping sound after upgrade rim to 20inch and drove for another 20k... Only will hear it when car idle long enough, maybe disc uneven issue? Brought to workshop but no outcome as no sound after long drive
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Do give your brake pad a check, certain brands do squeal abit until enough heat is being produced, for near stock braking power, Delphi is the one to go for, coupled with high temp brake oil from motul, it has never faded on me, I even got the rotor turning blueish in colour when coming down a long decent in the mountainous area, but braking never drops, but it got better after it heated up real good.

Due to the nature of front and rear wheel being driven, the rear rotors might not get enough heat to properly warm them up.

Hi , need some advice.. just got a used 2015 Evoque lately. When I depressed my brake from high speed to slow speed, around 20km/h that point I will hear a sound. The sound is like screeching metal sound. After crossing that point, there will be no more screeching sound.  Went to a workshop and they said is a natural behavior of Land rover when the 2 wheel drive system engaged to become 4 wheel drive system.

Thanks

Edited by Jellyfish
↡ Advertisement