Range Rover Evoque

SCChia

Neutral Newbie

Hi Bros here.

Really a newbie to evoque.   Am considering a 4 year old evoque with 2 more free servicing from Wearnes.  

Seriously considering because really like the looks.  Been driving Harrier, X-Trail (old 2.5 litre) and Qashqai.

Right now wondering will there be a lot of issues?  maintenance costs?  and FC.  

Any kind bros can advise?

Lastly , how does the Evoque compare to Lexus NX200t?

Thanks  in advance.

On 6/5/2020 at 12:49 PM, percuzz said:

Hi Bros here.

Really a newbie to evoque.   Am considering a 4 year old evoque with 2 more free servicing from Wearnes.  

Seriously considering because really like the looks.  Been driving Harrier, X-Trail (old 2.5 litre) and Qashqai.

Right now wondering will there be a lot of issues?  maintenance costs?  and FC.  

Any kind bros can advise?

Lastly , how does the Evoque compare to Lexus NX200t?

Thanks  in advance.

Hi Pecuzz. I have owned an 2nd hand evoque for abt 4 years now. its been a good ride. In terms of maintenance, ofcourse its expensive to stick to Wearnes. And some of their advice can drive you up the wall. When I bought my Evoque, it has couple of months warranty but no servicing. When I brought the car to Wearnes to complain abt the start stop system, they just admitted its like that even their foreign counter parts don't really know what to do. Finally blamed Singapore weather and roads. 

I decide after that will never go to them. Beforw this decision,  my car aircon condenser had some issues. Went to Wearnes, quoted me 3k plus. I got a good recommendation from one of our member here and fixed the problem within 1k. besides that, I never had any issues with the car. and i now maintained and service it at a prominent workshop in Lengkee. So sunmary, car is good and reliable as long you take care. Before buying check if you can get your preferred mech check it. Then consider buying it. Best of luck. Cheers.

• Praise 3

Neutral Newbie
4 hours ago, Becool73 said:

Hi Pecuzz. I have owned an 2nd hand evoque for abt 4 years now. its been a good ride. In terms of maintenance, ofcourse its expensive to stick to Wearnes. And some of their advice can drive you up the wall. When I bought my Evoque, it has couple of months warranty but no servicing. When I brought the car to Wearnes to complain abt the start stop system, they just admitted its like that even their foreign counter parts don't really know what to do. Finally blamed Singapore weather and roads. 

I decide after that will never go to them. Beforw this decision,  my car aircon condenser had some issues. Went to Wearnes, quoted me 3k plus. I got a good recommendation from one of our member here and fixed the problem within 1k. besides that, I never had any issues with the car. and i now maintained and service it at a prominent workshop in Lengkee. So sunmary, car is good and reliable as long you take care. Before buying check if you can get your preferred mech check it. Then consider buying it. Best of luck. Cheers.

Thanks bro!  Think this really helps.  Your start stop still has issues?

On 6/14/2020 at 10:29 PM, percuzz said:

Thanks bro!  Think this really helps.  Your start stop still has issues?

That crap never worked well in the first place bro. FC no difference. So when it stopped working again and knowing what Wearnes will say, I gave it up. Although a good and comfortable ride in 19" rims, the FC isn't great compared to a V6 i used to drive previously. So need to accept that fact.

I was discouraged from buying a evoque earlier this year as I was told that parts are hard to come by outside authorized dealer and even with Wearnes repairs can take a long time, lastly it would be tough to get rid of or get a fair price from 2nd hand dealers as they are reluctant to take Evoques in. This from a bruh in the car trade for many years.

Any bros here have any thoughts about this?

@Chonsam HI. I was driving one for 5 years. Got a second hand unit. No major issues during the 5 years i drove. I was servicing at AutoSprint. Look for Lester. He runs the workshop and good service as far i experienced. Alot of RR owners come there for servicing once their warranty expires. 

@neoki_29 I was driving one for 5 years. No regrets. Usual wear and tear. But breaks are not as fantastic. Can wear out pretty fast. Besides that, for an SUV, it handles well. Enjoyed by drives up north, on occasions, nonstop to KL. Just ensure you service in the right hands who knows RR vehicles well. Good luck. 

• Praise 1

Hi,

Any owners here purchased extended warranty from Wearnes before?  My ride is approached the end of 3rd year and they are now asking if i want to purchase that, at around SGD3800.  However, when i asked for detail terms and conditions, i was told that the coverage does cover normal wear and tear which is expected but engine and gearbox failure can also consider wear and tear subjected to their assessment. Like that how to be sure they will be covered under extended warranty or not even though they mentioned they have no issue with the factory when they submit claims for warranty repairs?

Cheers

@Orhbin Hey. I actually got a second hand unit (1.8yrs old) while warranty was still valid. Went to Wearnes a few times with some issues. Didnt like the service and competency level. Cost was absurd. After the 3 yr warranty, when with a pte workshop in LengKee area who was very familiar with RR and other conti cars. never had an issue since then. Except minor wear and tear which no warranty covers. So hope you have not spent alot of money. One thing you need to check before you extend. Ask them even if you replace parts of the car (which Wearnes will obviously ask for an arm and leg) from outside workshop but original and with proof, would Wearnes void the warranty. Apparently, when i traded in my Evoque for the new XC40 T5 (Aug NDP promo), the salesman told me its something they consider as long that parts didnt damage anything major within the car. Tried my best to articulate this. Hope it helps. 

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Just got a second hand evoque. Can anyone share a reliable and reasonably priced workshop to get my car serviced and check? Thank you.

23 hours ago, Always1468 said:

Just got a second hand evoque. Can anyone share a reliable and reasonably priced workshop to get my car serviced and check? Thank you.

I took my Evoque 2015 model to AutoSprint workshop at Lengkee for few years. Look for Lester. he's a gem of a guy who always helps and tells you when its not necessary to spent money unnecessarily. All the best. 

Neutral Newbie
On 6/8/2022 at 2:51 PM, Becool73 said:

I took my Evoque 2015 model to AutoSprint workshop at Lengkee for few years. Look for Lester. he's a gem of a guy who always helps and tells you when its not necessary to spent money unnecessarily. All the best. 

Can anyone share where Lester go and his contact? I call the workshop and he had left the company. Autosprint still has good technician left?

↡ Advertisement