Wow.. Finding Candidates for next GE..

VellfireS

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/singaporesc...-032434824.html

The People's Action Party (PAP) is starting its search for new candidates to be fielded at the next General Election due by 2016.

"One clear lesson which we have picked up from this and previous GEs is that we have to deploy our candidates as early as possible, and in a more challenging environment even earlier than before," said Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong.

One clear lesson... is that we have to deploy our candidates as early as possible, and in a more challenging environment even earlier than before

PM Lee

Speaking at a thank-you dinner on Friday for MPs who retired after the May GE, he added this would allow candidates time to get to know residents, learn the ropes, understand what being a PAP MP means and discover their strengths and weakness, reported The Straits Times.

The PAP usually begins its search for about 20 new candidates a year or so after the last GE.

PM Lee said the party is looking out for candidates who "fit the standard mould", people who "break the mould but make a special contribution to the team", and people with a "proven dedication and skills in working the ground and reaching out to residents".

And while the new team might come from diverse backgrounds, the should be cohesive and work as a team, he said. "I urge Singaporeans who have the passion to serve Singapore, and believe they have a contribution to make, to come forward and join us."

PM Lee also reminded current MPs that getting elected is "only the first step". New MPs will have to "cultivate the ground pick up from where their predecessors left off, build up the support and loyalty that comes only from hard work and patient service."

They will also have to "work closely with the ministers in Parliament and outside to improve our policies, explain them to the public, to realise our goals for Singapore", he was quoted by the paper as saying.

To meet the needs of a new electorate, they will need to consult and engage more to co-create solutions and build shared ownership, he added.

Former PAP chairman Lim Boon Heng also noted the new phase of Singapore's politics with the PAP's unprecedented loss of six seats to the opposition.

The PAP must be more closely knit, he stated.

"Our future depends on how our party and the Workers Party perform. What posture will each take? Will we have constructive politics, or negative politics?" he asked.

The paper quoted him as saying, "If negative politics prevail, and our younger leaders become reluctant to introduce right but unpopular policies, we will lose a strength of the past - that of being able to look long-term, to shape our future."

A total of 22 PAP MPs, who retired at the recent polls, were honoured. They include Mrs Yu-Foo Yee Shoon and Professor Koo Tsai Kee.

PM Lee also paid tribute to two PAP MPs, Dr Ong Chit Chung and Dr Balaji Sadasivan, who died during the previous electoral term, and thanked Hougang grassroots advisor Eric Low too, saying he had a difficult role in winning over residents in an opposition ward.

[laugh] [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

me.me..... i am sick of working .... i only want to talk, wayang and collect 15k....pm me ..for 15k a month...i pimp anyone

are you a trained actor?.... :D:D

how many times in an hour can you say "YES"... :D

(edited)

15k a month....honey ....i can yes yes yes all nite long.

depending on how many months bonus....i will throw in a few ah ah ah ... wah wah wah soooo big i like

Edited by Pufferfish1

15k a month....honey ....i can yes yes yes all nite long

but nowadays you wont get reserved parking lots at function..... :o

still have reserve lot,, someone will park at the reserve lot. when i am about to arrive..the reserve car will move off

not only that..go to CC will be able to park at special lots which ordinary pple cannot even go in [laugh]

Supersonic

No need trained actor.

Train monkeys, parrots, dogs and other animals will do.

i know how to act blur..can qualify?

Turbocharged
(edited)

They search very early but still come with people like TPL...sigh

coz no matter wat, theyll always search for lackeys n lapdogs as they need obedient zombies, not radicals. I thk they get their cadre members to secretly fish for candidates one. at the end of the day they still want pple who must b 100% loyal to them. their selection process is flawed but they have no other way of keeping it within the circle of trust. For them to go beyond that circle is like pigs flying

Edited by Duckduck

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/singaporesc...-032434824.html

"One clear lesson which we have picked up from this and previous GEs is that we have to deploy our candidates as early as possible, and in a more challenging environment even earlier than before," said Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong.

One clear lesson... is that we have to deploy our candidates as early as possible, and in a more challenging environment even earlier than before

PM Lee

i believe they didnt learn the lesson or they have learnt the wrong lesson.

they already trying to find ways (in the wrong way IMO) to prepare for the next GE rather than going to solve the current issues. [hur]

No need trained actor.

Train monkeys, parrots, dogs and other animals will do.

maybe home made robots / puppets can also do it :D:o

i know how to act blur..can qualify?

can, as long as dont act too blur in front of in-house selection committee, this one you just have to keep saying yes, but once in a while disagree when you sense they expect you to disagree... :D

coz no matter wat, theyll always search for lackeys n lapdogs as they need obedient zombies, not radicals. I thk they get their cadre members to secretly fish for candidates one. at the end of the day they still want pple who must b 100% loyal to them. their selection process is flawed but they have no other way of keeping it within the circle of trust. For them to go beyond that circle is like pigs flying

and those who are really capable, smart, and think independently, wont say 'yes' unless they are convinced, will feel its not worth their while to join.... end up miw has a limited pool of half decent minds to choose from... of course their 'selextion' criteria as you mentioned dont help :huh:[:/]

↡ Advertisement