2011 Hyundai Elantra

Abachee

Neutral Newbie

i bought my basic model in mid-june and collected 2 weeks later.

Got tibo GPS as freebie from my SE, but later realised should have asked for side mirror indicator as well..

Also got my clip-on reverse camera as freebie, and i have to go to a 3rd party workshop in Leng Kee to get it fixed, seems like they do all the reverse cameras for elantra because i also saw another black elantra fixing the reverse camera there, although i am not sure about the elite model.

went for my 1k servicing on sat, and a tip for those going for the servicing: bring your own synthetic oil, will save you over $100..

bro lowln, did you park your blue elantra at the amk ave 10 400+ carpark on sunday morning, because i saw one on my way to breakfast....

Bro, ask u huh.. the clip-on reverse camera, how do you find it? is the visibility of the rear mirror good?

As i thought of fixing a reverse camera, but still deciding whether to fix an external mini monitor on the dashboard or get a clip-on rear mirror camera view.

As im going for the 1k servicing too, why will save $100? is it because they will "chop" you with their inhouse expensive oil? if so, possible you can recommend a oil? cos i really new to these..

Don't really wan to end up spend so much money for the first servicing.. =\

Thanks alot in advance huh!! :)

↡ Advertisement

Bro, ask u huh.. the clip-on reverse camera, how do you find it? is the visibility of the rear mirror good?

As i thought of fixing a reverse camera, but still deciding whether to fix an external mini monitor on the dashboard or get a clip-on rear mirror camera view.

As im going for the 1k servicing too, why will save $100? is it because they will "chop" you with their inhouse expensive oil? if so, possible you can recommend a oil? cos i really new to these..

you can choose synthetic or mineral there but to save cost can bring your own. im using shell helix synthetic right now. i think most people choose synthetic for 1k servicing (my belief)

nice I'm gettin mine eiter fri or sat.white one.wats the tyre brand?anyone trade in the 16" rims liao n how much they trade in for if wanna change to 17" ?

err, if i remember correctly it was more or less $500.

Yes indeed they offer garmin GPS.

Bcos the lanuch period on july Maybank got give rebate, therefore they can offer garmin and give 17inch rims.

My friend got basic model with the following items:

Solar film

garmin gps(3 digit de) old model

reverse camera

window visor

3m floor mat front driver and passenger and rear pessenger. Total 3 pcs

He upgrade to 16 inch with top up.

I sign after July then nvr enjoy the freebies by maybank.

But my SE is fighting a rebate for me. Hopefully can get.

Kuku my number came out second prize but not the original number.

suay lo. [bigcry]

wah so good... i order in april get air only [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

To me, the reverse-cam rear mirror is just like any other mirror when not reversing, I hardly notice the camera at the centre and I don't feel distracted at all. I personally prefer the clip-on cam as my dashboard don't get cluttered. Maybe you could ask to take a look at the clip-on mirror before you decide to buy.

As for the servicing, i have to pay $106 and that is just for the oil, and the service centre guy told me i could actually bring my own oil, got fxxked by my wife for not asking earlier....

They use Shell Helix Ultra synthetic oil (stated in the bill).

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

To me, the reverse-cam rear mirror is just like any other mirror when not reversing, I hardly notice the camera at the centre and I don't feel distracted at all. I personally prefer the clip-on cam as my dashboard don't get cluttered. Maybe you could ask to take a look at the clip-on mirror before you decide to buy.

As for the servicing, i have to pay $106 and that is just for the oil, and the service centre guy told me i could actually bring my own oil, got fxxked by my wife for not asking earlier....

They use Shell Helix Ultra synthetic oil (stated in the bill).

Oh i see... I went to enquire those clip on camera with those 3rd party workshop, they quote 200+ for the clip on camera and another 100+ for the reverse camera.. total around 300~400, which i find it abit expensive for me...

Then my bro suggest me why not get a small monitor just to view the reverse camera , which cost only total 200+. Still deciding whether to buy from Komoco or the 3rd party workshop as my bro knows the boss of the workshop well..

If the Shell Helix Ultra synthetic oil cost $106 at their centre, how much is outside selling? $50~$70? if im not wrong, it comes in 4litre? abit dont get it why save $100 tho.. sorry ah...

As i also consult my family with this, they told me, usually the engine oil is free? i dont really know man.. cos we first time own a hyundai tho...

Edited by Watme

Oh i see... I went to enquire those clip on camera with those 3rd party workshop, they quote 200+ for the clip on camera and another 100+ for the reverse camera.. total around 300~400, which i find it abit expensive for me...

Then my bro suggest me why not get a small monitor just to view the reverse camera , which cost only total 200+. Still deciding whether to buy from Komoco or the 3rd party workshop as my bro knows the boss of the workshop well..

If the Shell Helix Ultra synthetic oil cost $106 at their centre, how much is outside selling? $50~$70? if im not wrong, it comes in 4litre? abit dont get it why save $100 tho.. sorry ah...

As i also consult my family with this, they told me, usually the engine oil is free? i dont really know man.. cos we first time own a hyundai tho...

First 3 servcing as stated is FOC but only labour charges.

service and everything is free, just need pay for engine oil. effectively you are just paying for what you use. the labour charge is foc.

Neutral Newbie

After I google the price. Seems like outside sellig around $60? If that so. I should visit stores like shell station or even ntuc fairprice to see whether they got promo or not. :D

wa... see the freebies feel abit heart pain... hate myself not asking for more...

But... they gave me 8k cash discount.. which effectively...bring the basic model to 85k... should feel contented..lol

Neutral Newbie

Lol! siao liao~ I didnt thought of during servicing, i also want them to fix the side mirror motor, so i booked wed 2pm..

Im starting to worry whether i can get the car within the same day or not liao.. [:/] scare only can collect the car on next day..

Neutral Newbie

i bought my basic model in mid-june and collected 2 weeks later.

Got tibo GPS as freebie from my SE, but later realised should have asked for side mirror indicator as well..

Also got my clip-on reverse camera as freebie, and i have to go to a 3rd party workshop in Leng Kee to get it fixed, seems like they do all the reverse cameras for elantra because i also saw another black elantra fixing the reverse camera there, although i am not sure about the elite model.

went for my 1k servicing on sat, and a tip for those going for the servicing: bring your own synthetic oil, will save you over $100..

bro lowln, did you park your blue elantra at the amk ave 10 400+ carpark on sunday morning, because i saw one on my way to breakfast....

Sunday morning? Nope, I dnt recall being there.

I was there on Sat afternoon though...

Neutral Newbie

Lol! siao liao~ I didnt thought of during servicing, i also want them to fix the side mirror motor, so i booked wed 2pm..

Im starting to worry whether i can get the car within the same day or not liao.. [:/] scare only can collect the car on next day..

It doesn't take too long fixing the side mirror motor, only around 30-45 minutes....

Neutral Newbie

Wah so good.. i bought mine around July also never get such good freebies...

Now have to go and fix my own reverse camera and using my iphone as a gps nav.. =(

Xperthero - Hankook Tyres.. :)

ok thanks..

u guys think possible to upgrade to 17' rims at komoco plus top up?