My experience working in civil service...

Relacklabrudder

Depends of the amt of pay cut and the benefits.

Civil service also must "volunteer" with election. [:|]  No OT pay but got off day.

private sector also alot of "voluntary" OT lah bro.

haha

↡ Advertisement

private sector also alot of "voluntary" OT lah bro.

haha

For me, in private sector, not senior position so dont have such "voluntary" stuff.

But in civil service, not senior position will kena the most "voluntary" stuff.

My bro in civil service, middle management. Even on annual leave also need to work on laptop cos of minister and public complaint. But for me, when on annual leave, just put up the "Out of office" reply, no one will bother me.

Turbocharged

Recently, during a radio show, they interviewed the founder of Plan B who was a former CEO of a MNC. I thought I heard him said, the government should not brings in top civil servants from the uniform group but to have people from the real corporate world with real exposures and experiences. He gave this piece of suggestion to a minister that smile with no reply.

The morale of the story, as long as this group of people are in power controlling, you need a 'coup' to change this mindset. :a-bang:

You look at who is at the top running SPH? Ex military General. Took them so long, way too late to go digital. Lucky got Ah Gong to support (@ tax payers' money), else belly up long ago. Edited by Vinceng

Depends of the amt of pay cut and the benefits.

Civil service also must "volunteer" with election. [:|] No OT pay but got off day.

Where got no OT pay? It varies from $280 onwards depending on what you are doing g.

You look at who is at the top running SPH? Ex military General. Took them so long, way too late to go digital. Lucky got Ah Gong to support (@ tax payers' money), else belly up long ago.

This is Singapore. Whether it is ST, Today or Newpaper, the news are similar even photo. Why print 3 different prints? Sad that we are so short of reporters and photographers [thumbsdown]

For me, in private sector, not senior position so dont have such "voluntary" stuff.

But in civil service, not senior position will kena the most "voluntary" stuff.

My bro in civil service, middle management. Even on annual leave also need to work on laptop cos of minister and public complaint. But for me, when on annual leave, just put up the "Out of office" reply, no one will bother me.

My friend middle management. Most days he work until 11-12pm.

Going in on weekend is norm to him.

Edited by Lala81

He AO or half arse AO (PSLP) izzit?  [laugh]

Where got no OT pay? It varies from $280 onwards depending on what you are doing g.

Have OT pay??? My bro told me dont have during the last GE. He was stationed at one of the polling station. Only monday is off day, but he had to work from home on his laptop.

My BIL, kena called for training for this coming PE. Also no OT pay. 

I gotta let them know!!! Where to submit their claim form?

Ya, when my bro was working for AVA, weekend also must work. Cos the fish market/polutry/pig/various raw meat processing/import places are still operating. They take turns to work weekends. This will go on until one day SG dont import raw meat, which I dont think will happen. [laugh]

Even MP also have to work on weekends("walking the ground") and late into the night(MP session n block visit).

Have OT pay??? My bro told me dont have during the last GE. He was stationed at one of the polling station. Only monday is off day, but he had to work from home on his laptop.

No OT for GE duty but got 200 allowance IIRC

Edited by Toothiewabbit

Ya, when my bro was working for AVA, weekend also must work. Cos the fish market/polutry/pig/various raw meat processing/import places are still operating. They take turns to work weekends. This will go on until one day SG dont import raw meat, which I dont think will happen. [laugh]

Even MP also have to work on weekends("walking the ground") and late into the night(MP session n block visit).

MP 16K per month allowance excluding their job wage plus benefits hor.   [:p]

No OT for GE duty but got 200 allowance IIRC

Zun bo???

My BIL is just a lowly Technician in one of the Poly. $200 per day allowance? That is more than his daily pay. But he told me his training period dont have leh. Its during weekday.

I will tell him the good news when he gets assigned for this coming PE!!! He sure very happy.

Confirm got leh.

My wife rec before. I thought it's credited directly into the salary? Maybe their salary is too high so they didn't even notice.

He AO or half arse AO (PSLP) izzit?  [laugh]

I dunno what's this PSLP scheme. 

Well one of the reasons is his work requires a high security clearance. He doesn't work from home. 

Zun bo???

My BIL is just a lowly Technician in one of the Poly. $200 per day allowance? That is more than his daily pay. But he told me his training period dont have leh. Its during weekday.

I will tell him the good news when he gets assigned for this coming PE!!! He sure very happy.

My OC's fren, who was last GE duty, told her one. But truth is, I think most officers rather not burn the saturday and forgo the allowance.

My OC's fren, who was last GE duty, told her one. But truth is, I think most officers rather not burn the saturday and forgo the allowance.

It's a very long burn. The GE duty takes like almost 12 hours.

It's a very long burn. The GE duty takes like almost 12 hours.

My bro say there are shifts one. Not one person all the way from morning to night. Cos they themselves need to vote too. Got morning, afternoon and evening shifts. He lucky, kena morning shift. From 7+am till afternoon like 3pm or so. Cant remember exactly the timing.

↡ Advertisement