Estima hybrid and battery

Tom_kkh

That's great!

Btw, another question. Do you encounter a case when the engine alone feels more powerful compare to hybrid (battery+engine) mode?

↡ Advertisement

Go to Hev Shop ask for Simon. He is the BEST in SG for Hy.Car. 9181 7071

Someone ask me about, is there difference between Hy "mode" and petrol "mode" need to clarified that driver cannot choose between modes. The Car's Computer will do that auto for the driver. The power during driving difference - For Me - not really. 

Go to Hev Shop ask for Simon. He is the BEST in SG for Hy.Car. 9181 7071

Someone ask me about, is there difference between Hy "mode" and petrol "mode" need to clarified that driver cannot choose between modes. The Car's Computer will do that auto for the driver. The power during driving difference - For Me - not really.

I do feel a difference. The pure petrol mode feels more power than the hybrid mode.

I do feel a difference. The pure petrol mode feels more power than the hybrid mode.

hi, i believe your concept on the hybrid may be misinformed.

you cannot separate the two. There is no "petrol" mode in a hybrid car, there is only Electric vehicle mode, and hybrid mode.

even in the "petrol" mode you speak of, the electric motor is still supplementing the engine's power.

the electric motor is able to provide "instantaneous torque" which means achieving a higher level of acceleration compared to a petrol engine. This can be seen in tesla's model S in ludicrous mode achieving 100km/h in 3.8 seconds using its electric motor.

In most hybrid cars, the electric motor is smaller compared to the engine, e.g Vezel Hybrid

Engine 130 hp

electric motor 30hp

which may be why you are feeling that your "hybrid mode" feels less powerful than your "petrol mode"

but the electric motor even though small is able to provide more torque than the engine.

(edited)

hi, i believe your concept on the hybrid may be misinformed.

you cannot separate the two. There is no "petrol" mode in a hybrid car, there is only Electric vehicle mode, and hybrid mode.

even in the "petrol" mode you speak of, the electric motor is still supplementing the engine's power.

the electric motor is able to provide "instantaneous torque" which means achieving a higher level of acceleration compared to a petrol engine. This can be seen in tesla's model S in ludicrous mode achieving 100km/h in 3.8 seconds using its electric motor.

In most hybrid cars, the electric motor is smaller compared to the engine, e.g Vezel Hybrid

Engine 130 hp

electric motor 30hp

which may be why you are feeling that your "hybrid mode" feels less powerful than your "petrol mode"

but the electric motor even though small is able to provide more torque than the engine.

Thank you for much for the enlightening. I have learn something. Thank you Master. :-)

Edited by hardknox

Hi guys, my Honda Civic Hybrid IMA light has come on and not going away. I have been told that I need to change the IMA battery. Heard it will set me back by a few thousands!

Any advice on any reliable workshop to change my IMA battery? Worth changing in Johor?

To change the Honda Civic hybrid battery will cost around $2,900 AGENT. Outside about $2,600. For now these cars are selli g like hot cake as not many used cars out there. Once upon a time many reluctant to buy this ride because of battery issue!

Furthermore , you get back only 35% of OMV!

Neutral Newbie

Hello,

My ride encountered problem recently on hybrid battery. The car jerk and display panel shown "Hybrid system check". check with my PI, battery replacement cost $6000, workmanship $800.  cry.gif

Anyone have any experience on hybrid battery replacement before? Any lorban for good price, good service?

Hope to hear any kind advise.

Thanks

Hi there, 

do you know anyone selling Toyota Camry Hybrid 2015 Battery Cell?

we need 5 Pcs for repair 

Hope can get your information

Hi guys, my Honda Civic Hybrid IMA light has come on and not going away. I have been told that I need to change the IMA battery. Heard it will set me back by a few thousands!

Any advice on any reliable workshop to change my IMA battery? Worth changing in Johor?

Hi,

i been driving with the IMA lights on for a few years already. Got the car at when left with 6 years, the lights start coming out in the 5th year onwards and permanently in the 4th or 3rd year left. Just drive it like a normal 1.3L car and step on the gas when up slope  [:p] .

Personally, i don't think it is worth to change unless you are thinking of renewing the COE. Since my COE is coming up May 2018 next year, I just endure for a few more months before my new ride comes  [thumbsup]  [thumbsup]

There are a few choices that i had heard of :-

1) there is a hybrid shop repair - www.hevshop.com located in Ubi area.

2) Kah Motors charge around 3K for the battery replacement. i heard from some people that if you had been servicing your car at Kah, you can negotiate to 1.5K. not sure if it is true.

Cheers.

Neutral Newbie

I drive about 21000 km per year on Estima Hybrid

Savings that could be realised ( Petrol ver 11.3 vs Hybrid 14.1 km/l) 

Savings on fuel per year 21000 /11.3 x $1.89 - 21000/14.1 x $1.89 = $698

However there is some downside which I would like to share:

Additional Rd Tax on Hybrid cars = 2264-1638= $626. Real savings is quite negligible

I also realised there is a 10%, 20% loading on the road if the car is used after the 10th year. Hence the average is 40% additional road = $905 per year

There average road tax from year 11 is $ 3168 (WoW)

The greatest risk is the battery. On an average Hybrid battery will start to deteriorate after 60k to 80k miles. In SG context, the battery should show signs of weakness on the 6/7 th year and then 12th year.

This comes with another burden of spending another $7k for the change of battery.

So after making such evaluation I think the Estima Hybrid is not worth the take up. When the COE expires, it is better to scrap the car.

Edited by ongnt65

Twincharged

Local garment support green.........hahahahaahah

Biggest joke of the century.

Local garmen support getting $$$$$ only.
  • Praise 1

I drive about 21000 km per year on Estima Hybrid

Savings that could be realised ( Petrol ver 11.3 vs Hybrid 14.1 km/l)

Savings on fuel per year 21000 /11.3 x $1.89 - 21000/14.1 x $1.89 = $698

However there is some downside which I would like to share:

Additional Rd Tax on Hybrid cars = 2264-1638= $626. Real savings is quite negligible

I also realised there is a 10%, 20% loading on the road if the car is used after the 10th year. Hence the average is 40% additional road = $905 per year

There average road tax from year 11 is $ 3168 (WoW)

The greatest risk is the battery. On an average Hybrid battery will start to deteriorate after 60k to 80k miles. In SG context, the battery should show signs of weakness on the 6/7 th year and then 12th year.

This comes with another burden of spending another $7k for the change of battery.

So after making such evaluation I think the Estima Hybrid is not worth the take up. When the COE expires, it is better to scrap the car.

If I can afford, will replace car every 3-5yrs or til warranty expire. Our local car ownership system is very unfriendly to keeping cars for long.

For hybrid, should get one with motor on par or lesser than the road tax to be paid based on cc. I'm driving a 1.5l hybrid currently n pain road tax based on engine cc, as motor only max 22kW

If getting large cc like 2l n above, likely motor also more powerful n hence potentially higher road tax is kW exceeds bhp

Twincharged

If I can afford, will replace car every 3-5yrs or til warranty expire. Our local car ownership system is very unfriendly to keeping cars for long.

For hybrid, should get one with motor on par or lesser than the road tax to be paid based on cc. I'm driving a 1.5l hybrid currently n pain road tax based on engine cc, as motor only max 22kW

If getting large cc like 2l n above, likely motor also more powerful n hence potentially higher road tax is kW exceeds bhp

Bottom line is garmen wants everyone to fit their cookie cutter mould. Car lite or if you want a car it must be Cat A low cc, bread and butter type, then the cost is slightly lower. Anything else they will tax extra.

The early turn over scheme is a good example. Calculate like siao with complex formula. Die die also cannot let you off with 1cent extra!

Yes, original battery is quite expensive. EnnoCar is planning to develop hybrid car battery replacement for this car model as well. Still estimate it, if you are interested in get more news from us, you could subscribe our EnnoCar Page. Now we have Highlander battery replacement, similar to Estima, but a little bit difference.

Maybe EnnoCar Hybrid Car Battery Replacement could solve this problem.

CEBA Hybrid Car Battery Replacement may be a great option to you. Remarkable quality with nice cost.

Brother, please educate us, these people are looking for hybrid battery cell, are your batteries suitable for their purpose?
↡ Advertisement