Would you buy a high mileage E200K (W211) ?

Micb

Similar question: is a W211 E230 worthy model to renew COE?

No. E200 may be better choice.

7G may develop issues after 10 years.

Suspension may be degraded.

Rubber parts start to disintegrate

Leather seats degraded

PARF rebate loss is high

Road tax at 150% is very high

Fuel consumption is high

Servicing more costly as lubricant >8 litres.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

At the end of the day, it's all about the yearly depreciation. Currently, if 2013 E200 depreciation is 15K, E200K, 8 to 10K yearly depreciation will be fair value if condition is excellent.

I only trust Merc >10 years, these cars are made to last 600K or more. Condition I look for ... private owner, evidence of regular maintenance with receipts. Like all mechanical parts, if regular repairs and servicing are done properly, you are getting replacement parts, as good as new. If you need a car A-Z, reliable, cheap running and servicing, I will say go for Mercedes-Benz. 

A car of high mileage will have at least gearbox overhaul, engine top overhaul, electronics ECU done, all these would have cost the owner 15K to 18K, ask to see receipts for these, and if possible speak to the workshop. 

I got my wife's 5 year old E200K at 150,000km, totally problem free for 10 years as previous owner took care of all major repairs prior. We did our part when major servicing are needed, the car drives well 😀 

If I can save 5 to 8K in depreciation per year, that's still money for a holiday. But if you have the moolah to spend, and need the image, then go for a newer W212 or W213.

• Praise 3

26 minutes ago, OoiPengEe said:

At the end of the day, it's all about the yearly depreciation. Currently, if 2013 E200 depreciation is 15K, E200K, 8 to 10K yearly depreciation will be fair value if condition is excellent.

I only trust Merc >10 years, these cars are made to last 600K or more. Condition I look for ... private owner, evidence of regular maintenance with receipts. Like all mechanical parts, if regular repairs and servicing are done properly, you are getting replacement parts, as good as new. If you need a car A-Z, reliable, cheap running and servicing, I will say go for Mercedes-Benz. 

A car of high mileage will have at least gearbox overhaul, engine top overhaul, electronics ECU done, all these would have cost the owner 15K to 18K, ask to see receipts for these, and if possible speak to the workshop. 

I got my wife's 5 year old E200K at 150,000km, totally problem free for 10 years as previous owner took care of all major repairs prior. We did our part when major servicing are needed, the car drives well 😀 

If I can save 5 to 8K in depreciation per year, that's still money for a holiday. But if you have the moolah to spend, and need the image, then go for a newer W212 or W213.

U seems to Contradict yrself Big time.

Everything u wans on yr Plate.

u wans dis ,u wans dat ,u wan ,u wan 

it’s not gonna happens .

it’s all like Talk Cock Sing Song ……….

U say ,I only trust Merc >10 years, these cars are made to last then suddenly u TURN 360 degrees & says go for 212 or 213!

Waa ,u realli like Prata man ,Peng here Peng there..

If you bother to read properly,  I said "if you got the moolah to spend" go for the newer model. So, if budget is an issue 200K is good enough.

Hey if you got the money, a brand Merc is no issue right? I suggest you read the initial post. 

• Praise 4

9 minutes ago, OoiPengEe said:

If you bother to read properly,  I said "if you got the moolah to spend" go for the newer model. So, if budget is an issue 200K is good enough.

Hey if you got the money, a brand Merc is no issue right? I suggest you read the initial post. 

Yes lah, you got make this fair enough "disclaimer". 

I got read. 😂🤭

Guess cos you shared that you actually bought one and had a good experience from it, I appreciate the sharing. 

Stay safe 

Cheers 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, OoiPengEe said:

this part is the key. if you managed to snag one which has lots of work done already then further outlay can be minimized. but it also depends on luck. sometimes parts just break. especially for the ECU and SAM.

A few years back, my dad was looking for a W204 COE car, but it's not easy to find one with genuine mileage and/or full servicing records. After weighing the risk of break-fix cost, he bought a new mazda 3 HB instead.

I think it also depends on luck in terms of timing, to be able to find one well maintained with full servicing records COE merc on the market.

6 minutes ago, Rickster said:

A few years back, my dad was looking for a W204 COE car, but it's not easy to find one with genuine mileage and/or full servicing records. After weighing the risk of break-fix cost, he bought a new mazda 3 HB instead.

I think it also depends on luck in terms of timing, to be able to find one well maintained with full servicing records COE merc on the market.

In SG with the percularities of COE car scheme, and the behaviour of car workshops - usually trying to buy into conti COE cars is really risky.

Going with <10yr simplier, lower budget alternative is an understandable safe compromise

On 10/9/2018 at 10:05 PM, Ct3833 said:

for W211, E230 is 2.5L engine with 7 speed. E200 is 1.8 engine wit 5 speed It is a worthy model to renew COE because  you get the ride comfort and very well built quality of the car. the only consideration is the 2.5L road tax at 150% when it reach 5th year and beyond. Otherwise, E200 is a good enough car for day to day drive. it has 181bhp if i remember correctly. the power is not bad once the momentum is picked up. 

There’s Basically 3 Model in dis range of Big eyes Small Eyes.

The 4 pot ,1.8 ,Normal aspirated 

The 4 pot 1.8 Super charge 

The V6 2.5 N.A

In all Honestly the Vee6 is the one to go for..

In dis modern world of Down sizing & Force inducing ,almost every car is a 4 Cylinders .A 6 cylinder is indeed Veri POSH.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, OoiPengEe said:

The Topic in dis Thread is abt the w211

U try to Covers every Corners  which is hardly possible .

Newer ones or new ones are NOT part of the Discusion.

Juzz for our debate purposes ,the 213 are not well Receives ……..

Why?

For the Simple reason ,Not many Owner would like their E class to be mistaken for a C even though got Moolah or No.

1 hour ago, t0y0ta said:

In SG with the percularities of COE car scheme, and the behaviour of car workshops - usually trying to buy into conti COE cars is really risky.

Going with <10yr simplier, lower budget alternative is an understandable safe compromise

There’s a Science to all dis Madness ………

Behaviour of Car wshop ,Risky?

Not realli.

Go for the Pre Purchase inspection .

And Everything will be Fine & Dandy .

No?

↡ Advertisement