Would you buy a high mileage E200K (W211) ?

Micb

Hi all,

I came across a year 2006 E200K (W211) with an extremely high mileage of around 200,000 km.

The condition looks good (from the photos) but I have not test drive yet. Would like to hear from fellow bros here on your take on this.

Also, any E200K owners here can advice on the likely list of wear and tear parts associated with this mileage?

Thank you in advance !

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hey, I had a E200K previously so what i can tell is that,make sure that all the electronics work like the interior lights in the interior door handle and all the illumination in the buttons,check the head lights,the wipers,the rear ash try,the AC in the car and any other things basic things that you need to look at.

Turbocharged

High mileage Merc are mostly used for Limosine Transport Company to cater to clients in Singapore/Malaysia.

I will advise you not to buy the car. Most of the staff dont take care of them.

Their earning is by per trip basis and they have to pump and pay for their own petrol.

Usually low octance to save on cost.

The M271 supercharge engine is reliable if well taken care. My C-class uses the same base engine and has clocked almost 200 000km.

You want to open the bonnet to check a few area;

1. engine mount (should have been changed long ago)

2. coolant recervoir container tubing, look for crack.

3. front of engine block. There are 2 round parts that should be oil free. Oil leaking from there will flow into the electrical wiring and cause problem. Not cheap to change the whole wire harness.

4. thrust arms bushing below the car may be worn and this will cause a light knocking noise when driven over uneven road. Cornering is not as tight and firm too.

Hi all,

I came across a year 2006 E200K (W211) with an extremely high mileage of around 200,000 km.

The condition looks good (from the photos) but I have not test drive yet. Would like to hear from fellow bros here on your take on this.

Also, any E200K owners here can advice on the likely list of wear and tear parts associated with this mileage?

Thank you in advance !

Compare depreciation with similar models, see if it is really worth it.

Get it checked by reputable workshop before buying.

If engine no problem, transmission no problem, chassis no problem, can buy. Anything else is cheap to replace.

Btw i rather get a high mileage car cheap than pay a premium for a low mileage one if the mileage is highway miles. Reason: stop and start driving in the city with bumpy city roads takes a huge toll on engine, drivetrain and undercarriage.

Neutral Newbie

The M271 supercharge engine is reliable if well taken care. My C-class uses the same base engine and has clocked almost 200 000km.

You want to open the bonnet to check a few area;

1. engine mount (should have been changed long ago)

2. coolant recervoir container tubing, look for crack.

3. front of engine block. There are 2 round parts that should be oil free. Oil leaking from there will flow into the electrical wiring and cause problem. Not cheap to change the whole wire harness.

4. thrust arms bushing below the car may be worn and this will cause a light knocking noise when driven over uneven road. Cornering is not as tight and firm too.

Thanks for the good advice.

200k - definitely not a limo for airport transfers. A 2006 model for limo transfers would have done 400-500k (typically 200km per day, 80-100k per year).

As long as the maintenance has been good and there is a history for you to know what parts have been changed.

HIgh mileage car has no alteration to make it seems lower in ordr to sell, so if you are consider getting one, sent for inspection by yrself and to yr reliable mechanic, ask for service record to see it matches, minor knocks here and there are acceptable, but no major accidents.

It may need overhaul done or transmission check to ensure smooth running, hope it helps !

Neutral Newbie

HIgh mileage car has no alteration to make it seems lower in ordr to sell, so if you are consider getting one, sent for inspection by yrself and to yr reliable mechanic, ask for service record to see it matches, minor knocks here and there are acceptable, but no major accidents.

It may need overhaul done or transmission check to ensure smooth running, hope it helps !

If need major overhaul or maintence of transmission/engine might as well buy the lower mileage one...

Hi, is a w211 e200k 1.8 a worthy model to renew coe?

any reliability problems? anything specific to look out for?

Thanks all!

Similar question: is a W211 E230 worthy model to renew COE?

Similar question: is a W211 E230 worthy model to renew COE?

for W211, E230 is 2.5L engine with 7 speed. E200 is 1.8 engine wit 5 speed It is a worthy model to renew COE because  you get the ride comfort and very well built quality of the car. the only consideration is the 2.5L road tax at 150% when it reach 5th year and beyond. Otherwise, E200 is a good enough car for day to day drive. it has 181bhp if i remember correctly. the power is not bad once the momentum is picked up. 

W211 or any model best to get those EOL production, most time "problem" already sorted out

so W211 get year 2009

W212 get year 2013 and so on

↡ Advertisement