Consumers Beware: In Reality, Luxury Cars Don't Make Us Feel

Greatbirdlegend

this study seems to be false in SG? :D

---

Consumers Beware: In Reality, Luxury Cars Don't Make Us Feel Better

7/28/2011 --

Professor Norbert Schwarz says most of the time, we're focused on the mundaneness of daily life and our car makes little difference.

ANN ARBOR, Mich.

↡ Advertisement

depend on how u look at your car, whether its just a means of transport, a symbol of your status etc

but a luxury car is definitely more comfortable

In SG drivers use only lesss than 10% of their Luxury Car's performance, gadgets.

So majority of the owners only want face...

sometimes its the status.

Most wont trust a bankers who drive only a QQ compare to one who drive a BMW.

In SG drivers use only lesss than 10% of their Luxury Car's performance, gadgets.

So majority of the owners only want face...

a QQ cost RMB350,000 in SG also consider luxury car in china [laugh] [laugh]

what if the banker was from Bank of China :D

Maybe the banker drives a BMW because he's siphoning off your money :D

Actually the difference between a luxury car, e.g. an S350 and an economy car, like the Vios, will only show when you're driving for extended periods of time. I find it much easier to drive 8 hours continuously in the former than the latter, but for the normal half hour drives that we do in our daily commute, even with "massive jams", they're both the same to me. Maybe my mind is too pre-occupied with mundane affairs, according to that article. I'll report back after I reach nirvana, attain enlightenment, yadayada and then try driving an S-class. -_-

Maybe the banker drives a BMW because he's siphoning off your money :D

Actually the difference between a luxury car, e.g. an S350 and an economy car, like the Vios, will only show when you're driving for extended periods of time. I find it much easier to drive 8 hours continuously in the former than the latter, but for the normal half hour drives that we do in our daily commute, even with "massive jams", they're both the same to me. Maybe my mind is too pre-occupied with mundane affairs, according to that article. I'll report back after I reach nirvana, attain enlightenment, yadayada and then try driving an S-class. -_-

dont need.

you just need one major accident to convince you that getting a luxury car is worth it. [laugh]

Actually when reach Nirvana, then you dont need car liao.. :D

unless you are those monk who work for money. [:p]

Edited by Joseph22

Overseas...the luxury cars vs normal car prices differential are low.

Some more you ask students who do not need to pay for the cars themselves....of course luxury comments will be skewed.

Over here....it's HuGe financial differences.

Guarantee each day a luxury car owner will think about his car prices and depreciations....thus very focused on the luxury aspect. Also the comments and stares from other lower car owner will make the luxury car drivers feel super Atas!

There is a huge difference in Singapore. Confirmed!!!

Edited by SimonTan

zhun bo? i drive vios n drive a 650 feeling very big diff le

this article prob applies only to ppl who use cars as modes of transport. But i'm still skeptical they can say there's no diff.

Edited by Mockngbrd

dont need.

you just need one major accident to convince you that getting a luxury car is worth it. [laugh]

Actually when reach Nirvana, then you dont need car liao.. :D

unless you are those monk who work for money. [:p]

1 of my staff told me over a smoke break that he has knock onto a Haifei before on his motorcycle. His bike totally Bo tai ji.. Just some scratches.

The Haifei changed entire door.. I asked him if he has been ripped off as there should be a side structural bar.. He told me he went workshop and he saw that the bar was dented...

I was quite shocked at hearing that.. Then he told me another more shocking thing.. The one door from Haifei cost $800+ only...

Then I understand why change whole door.. Think it cost lesser to change entire door than to repair it.

Nothing against china car but... Sounds scary

1 of my staff told me over a smoke break that he has knock onto a Haifei before on his motorcycle. His bike totally Bo tai ji.. Just some scratches.

The Haifei changed entire door.. I asked him if he has been ripped off as there should be a side structural bar.. He told me he went workshop and he saw that the bar was dented...

I was quite shocked at hearing that.. Then he told me another more shocking thing.. The one door from Haifei cost $800+ only...

Then I understand why change whole door.. Think it cost lesser to change entire door than to repair it.

Nothing against china car but... Sounds scary

Actually it is part of their population control program. :ph34r:

There is always a high price on luxury... but unfortunately many go into debt to attain it. In a culture of materalism and superficialities, this unrealistic indulgence is what is snowballing the debt onto the next generation.

↡ Advertisement