Renovation and moving house in 7th month

Ronaldlhs

Neutral Newbie

I just bought a resale HDB flat and I just got the key yesterday. I would like to ask all of your opinions in renovation and moving in during this month. Thank you.

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

I just bought a resale HDB flat and I just got the key yesterday. I would like to ask all of your opinions in renovation and moving in during this month. Thank you.

congrats.....

if you are not superstitious, go ahead... no need to scare

if you are superstitious, then dont do it lor..... but if you are really superstitious, then u will also know that to leave the home empty for a period of time, other 'things' will come in and stay. And it will be difficult to chase them away.

So its up to you....... [bigcry][bigcry]

My personal motto is dont be scare or get bound by things like this. Just do it.

typically, what olden chinese wil do is not do any renovation during this period.

the half superstitious chinese now, will start their hacking (they will chip off small corners of the floor/wall in everyroom) BEFORE the start of 7th month to indicate that "work started before already" if the reno has the fall through during 7th month.

moving in only consist of small prayers .. regardless 7th month or not.. charcoal, incense..

now already in 7th month liao.. if i were u, i would wait.

Edited by Rainbowbiatch

I will be painting the house, painting also consider, right.

technically, yes.

otherwise, do a simply "ceremony" within your house.

i.e offerings, burn incense/paper and say excuse me..

Neutral Newbie

Actually my intention was to add one electrical point, relocate the starhub connection and paint my house that all. Maybe I will pray before I go in.

Anyway thank you all for the advice.

why cannot do reno during 7th mth? fear of freak accidents?

or so i heard..

aya..respect them also la..

even when it comes to hacking of wall.. not joking. my own experience.

old pple say there are "resident" living "in the wall" or living at the place where you are gona renovate..

so b4 start of work, do small prayers to let them know u r the new residents... excuse me.. etc.. give them respect.

becoz i didn't believe in all these last time. (btw, i reno during the 7th month also)

somemore mine is major overhaul. this hack, that hack.

i didn't do any ceremony of any sorts.

told hacker JUST HACK.

my reno took slightly longer than expected (2weeks more). never mind. i tot it's normal to have slight delays.

when i shifted in, first week. i hear pple running upstairs while i sleep. BUT i'm staying on the TOP FLOOR.

u hear it loud and clear. like kids running amok above ur ceiling in the wee hours.

i hear marbles dropping above my ceiling as well... :huh:

after that , i asked a few frns.. they said i offended the residents spirit.

was told to apologise.. so i made offerings and all..

after that, it was all peaceful.

I will be painting the house, painting also consider, right.

Tis are old beliefs of chinese origin, when you are younger and ' Ang mo pai " you tend to disregards this superstitions, till U grow younger and see things happenings . . .

When tis 'HAPPENING' takes place, let me assure you that it gives you and your family hell time ( especially@ Nite past midnight )

Cut long story short, I have no choice but to engage a professional Singapore master who specialized in ghost-buster act.

p/s: They can see you, and U can;t see them in action, that's the main problem. -;(

Turbocharged

Actually very much depends on the previous occupant. Sometimes you just have an uneasy feeling when viewing resale flats - looking at the occupants, some of them are a bit 'weird', look uninterested or slightly depressed, or sometimes its old, unmarried singles of the same family staying together.

On the other hand, if the previous family staying there looked normal, typical, and don't appear to be facing any weird or unhappy happenings there, it is very likely that nothing will be wrong.

If you don't want to leave the flat empty for too long, just move in there first - bring some clothes for yourself, and a mattress to sleep on - you can always begin the reno work later on.

Usually it's not a problem if your home is going to be occupied by many people, e.g. from 3 generations, and with cheery children livening up the atmosphere, lots of sound and laughter. Some say that these 'spirits' will be driven away by so much "life force" in the home.

Edited by Sosaria

Neutral Newbie

Up to the individual. I'm not superstitious but if I do move in 7th month, my parents and in-laws would nag me so much that I won't move in anyway during 7th month just so that I can have peace. Anyway, 7th month over.

Edited by themagi

Thinking of replacing all my 5 rm hdb windows (without grill).

Any one has good recommendation and what's the estimated cost?

If any bro/sis here dealing with renovation, you can PM me your quote directly based on total window size of 192 SqFt. :D

Thinking of replacing all my 5 rm hdb windows (without grill).

Any one has good recommendation and what's the estimated cost?

If any bro/sis here dealing with renovation, you can PM me your quote directly based on total window size of 192 SqFt. :D

The replacement work MUST be carry out by hdb-licensed window contractor. Also, the contractor need to do the necessary paper work subm. to hdb.

The replacement work MUST be carry out by hdb-licensed window contractor. Also, the contractor need to do the necessary paper work subm. to hdb.

Will take note of that, thanks!

or so i heard..

aya..respect them also la..

even when it comes to hacking of wall.. not joking. my own experience.

old pple say there are "resident" living "in the wall" or living at the place where you are gona renovate..

so b4 start of work, do small prayers to let them know u r the new residents... excuse me.. etc.. give them respect.

becoz i didn't believe in all these last time. (btw, i reno during the 7th month also)

somemore mine is major overhaul. this hack, that hack.

i didn't do any ceremony of any sorts.

told hacker JUST HACK.

my reno took slightly longer than expected (2weeks more). never mind. i tot it's normal to have slight delays.

when i shifted in, first week. i hear pple running upstairs while i sleep. BUT i'm staying on the TOP FLOOR.

u hear it loud and clear. like kids running amok above ur ceiling in the wee hours.

Do you stay in woodlands? [sly]

↡ Advertisement