Go Botanic garden kenna shoo away by ang mor

Mockngbrd

http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne%2BNews...801-292162.html

f--kers la...take photo onli also cannot... why angmor so liddat...

pic1.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic2.jpg

A family who wanted to take some photos at Botanic Gardens' Swan Lake Gazebo were shooed away by a group of Caucasians who claimed that they had 'booked' the venue.

The reader, cheery, wrote to online citizen journalism website STOMP, saying that they saw a group of foreigners laying their mat in the centre of the pavilion with brownies and curry puffs.

Thinking that they were about to have a party, cheery approached them to ask whether they could take photos at one of the four available benches in the pavilion.

They were rejected by one of the foreigners, who said that they could not be there because they had booked the place.

When they tried to verify their booking, they were shooed away and told to go to the information counter.

"Upon our last plea for them to spare us just three minutes to take a photo, he replied rudely 'Which part of I've booked this place do you not understand!'" wrote cheery.

The reader then went to the National Parks (NParks) information counter and learned that despite having a booking, they were required to share it with the public should they request it.

When confronted and told of this rule by the NParks, cheery said that the foreigners became extremely rude and one of them even shouted that they had a right to the place since they booked it.

"When he told his friends and family members about the incident, they even raised their voice and exclaimed, 'This is ridiculous!'

"Thoroughly embarrassed by the ruckus and stares we have attracted, we eventually left without taking a photo," wrote cheery.

Remind me of this scene

no-dogs-or-chinese.jpg

↡ Advertisement

sound so strange,

who will wanna go inside to take pic,

when there is already some event

seemed like a FT complaining about another FT

I will not react too much..this is after all a one-sided report....but because it involves ang mo, this should generate quite a lot of comments.

Those ang mo could be really rude or was given the impression by NPark that the place will be exclusively to them (that's what I would assume since I have booked it. Otherwise, why would I bother to book). Did the stompers really asked politely or just quietly (how some locals have 'golden mouth'....cannot ask for permission, etc) go take photo but was 'caught' and become defensive.

Anyway, as in most stuff in Stomp...it is making a mountain out of a mole-hill.

Edited by Silver_blade

Neutral Newbie

Maybe it went like this

Local: walk yaya into that area ignore angmo

Angmo: excuse me we have booked this place can you not take pics here?

Local: why Ang mo big ah!? I want to take leh

Ang mo : ..

You get the gist

Have to agree that it is a one sided story.

The whole story does seem a bit strange to me

stomp is worst than one side story, more like stabbing <_<

seriusly i dunno botanic garden so nice sia...mcm like european country like dat.

On photo yes lah. But, when you're physically there under the hot humid weather, it feels so much different.

Maybe it went like this

Local: walk yaya into that area ignore angmo

Angmo: excuse me we have booked this place can you not take pics here?

Local: why Ang mo big ah!? I want to take leh

Ang mo : ..

You get the gist

Although this may sound a little far-fetch....it is not entirely impossible.

Supersonic

I will not react too much..this is after all a one-sided report....but because it involves ang mo, this should generate quite a lot of comments.

Those ang mo could be really rude or was given the impression by NPark that the place will be exclusively to them (that's what I would assume since I have booked it. Otherwise, why would I bother to book). Did the stompers really asked politely or just quietly (how some locals have 'golden mouth'....cannot ask for permission, etc) go take photo but was 'caught' and become defensive.

Anyway, as in most stuff in Stomp...it is making a mountain out of a mole-hill.

true. i mean, imagine if some PRC char bo gatecrashes into ur pte event, i doubt any s'porean would hv acted any differently.

even if they had booked the venue,every park goers are still entitled to take photos of anywhere in the outdoor.what rights do the ang mo have in stopping others?

botanic gardens is not a private property and definitely not some ANG MOH private club.

↡ Advertisement