COE bidding 3 Aug 2011

Vega

The rich level is staggered.

One will only buy when COE is $20k.

But another richer one will buy at $30k.

Another richer one will buy at $50k.

The truly rich one will buy today, or at any price level.

Hoping that the COE quote to satisfy the richest, richer, rich, normal guy is not realistic.

As the COE quota is purposely artificially reduced. It's not a natural selection or fixed rule.

The quota can change at the wimps and fancy of the times.

Best is to earn more $$$ to afford the COE.

Earning money is up to oneself effort. That is the only true controllable factor for each one of us.

↡ Advertisement

For COE prices to come down really really it's quite simple...curb your urge to buy a car. Other than market and economy sentiment, it's demand and supply factor.

People don't buy car, no demand...price come down.

I already owned 2 cars, if COE drop to $$35K to $40K range for CAT A. I'll rush in to book a new car. If wanna wait for $20K COE got to wait many years. Almost booked the new Jetta at $105K during COE $50K period, but my small head tells me to wait a little

Usually it's my big head that decides on such matters. [laugh]

You are right, there are more than thousands of 05-07 car owners waiting to change car. :D If the COE suddenly drop to a very low range, there will be more than thousands of them rush into the market to book new cars!

Yeh me too! [laugh]

the population is increasing, the liquidity is the market is increasing, even if u n ur frens n families dun buy, it may not mean anything. [:)]

I already owned 2 cars, if COE drop to $$35K to $40K range for CAT A. I'll rush in to book a new car. If wanna wait for $20K COE got to wait many years. Almost booked the new Jetta at $105K during COE $50K period, but my small head tells me to wait a little

If you wait a little longer, your Jetta might raise from $105K to $120K or even higher! I have a friend who wanted to buy a MPV, but wait and wait for the COE to come down little then buy. In the end the price of the MPV within 3 years, raised from $110K to current $170K! [rolleyes]

There are thousands of 05-07 car owners waiting to change their cars and hoping COE drop below 20K. Do you think it will happen?

'

I am one of those '07 ones. Got my Cat B at S$13,001 then.

I hope it wont drop to less than 50k for Cat A for the next 20 years. For cat B at least 80k. Then we will see who are the people who really need a car and who can afford a car.

I got this feeling the price wun drop back anymore, at most flunctuate around a tight range at the high price level. Govt now bz building more MRT line and stations around the island, i think they r standing by for this day to come whereby those that can afford a car during the cheap coe era to go back to the public.

05-07 owners, the cars still have 40-50% life span mah...still can dive, why worried now?

If can dive, .. I'll be mighty worried.

Meanwhile, ... will just continue to drive my B&B car, and see what the future holds.

(who knows, ... might just relocate outta this country)

Neutral Newbie

if coe drop to 40-45k mark I might consider but if it remains the same than 2nd hand, no choice.

Heard market went down by a lot today, give me $2 COE. Haha...I want buy Golf GTI!!!

05-07 owners, the cars still have 40-50% life span mah...still can dive, why worried now?

Most car owners here is to change car before 5 year mark, that's why they are worried. [:p]

I got this feeling the price wun drop back anymore, at most flunctuate around a tight range at the high price level. Govt now bz building more MRT line and stations around the island, i think they r standing by for this day to come whereby those that can afford a car during the cheap coe era to go back to the public.

I mean seriously speaking, if someone really need a car, I am very sure he can still find a 2nd hand within his budget.

COE Open Bidding

Bidding will end on 03/08/2011 16:00 hrs

Bidding status as at 03/08/2011 13:23:36.00 hrs

Category Current COE Price ($) Quota Bids Received

A CAR (1600CC & BELOW) & TAXI 1 566 76

B CAR (ABOVE 1600CC) 1 354 58

C GOODS VEHICLE & BUS 1 241 32

D MOTORCYCLE 1 390 139

E OPEN 1 360 61

Source: Land Transport Authority

Bids are slow coming today.

But there are real car bookings.

Unless the AD are expecting car buyers to shy away for the next two weeks, reducing the numbers of bookings.

Then the AD might bid sensibly today, leaving some room to bid in the 2nd august round.

Else....most car dealers will want to get the COE and let buyers chut chia ASAP....especially the too three European brands.

↡ Advertisement