COE bidding 3 Aug 2011

Vega

recently theres SOOOO many ppl backside itchy keep changing cars even at this COE.. COE high = People Are Richer~

They exchanging car in 2nd hand market.

Edited by Zze121

Neutral Newbie

act their 105k model is 1.4tsi or 1.6?

Jetta doesn't hv 1.6.

Only 1.4 turbo charged at 122bph/200nm and 1.4 twin charged at 160bph/240nm

Not to spoil the spirit....

But maybe, is the 7th month.

And, also when this round down, pple flood and buy, next round up...

Also LPPL.

of course expensive. the aim is to make cars less affordable to the masses

Car is a luxury item for me, even the COE drop until $28K i still find expensive. [:p]

Neutral Newbie

i think coe drop becoz alot of aug 1991 car, like those old corollas and esi scrap?

The replacement quota for these 8/2011 COE scrap cars if any will only be avail next year due to the 6 months lapse. It's always a cycle, COE drop by a good margin, all sideline will cheong in to buy

Edited by Sportster

i think coe drop becoz alot of aug 1991 car, like those old corollas and esi scrap?

these go back to the next 6 mths quota ie. feb-jul 12.

Jetta doesn't hv 1.6.

Only 1.4 turbo charged at 122bph/200nm and 1.4 twin charged at 160bph/240nm

ic...i thot they stil hv 3 trims for this current model - 1.6, 1.4 turbo charged and 1.4 twin charged.

but really 200nm is useful for our city driving.

We need such drop in COE to cause old cars owners to scrap their old cars and buy new.

This cycle will allow more quota replacement added to the next 6months quota.

When the higher quota is released....the price will soften. Then another cycle of people scrapping their cars to buy new.

I think we need a few cycles....before the COE will go down to cheaper levels.

Many old cars owners are waiting n waiting.

This weekends is a blardy good chance to change a Cat.A car.

The replacement quota for these 8/2011 COE scrap cars if any will only be avail next year due to the 6 months lapse. It's always a cycle, COE drop by a good margin, all sideline will cheong in to buy

Neutral Newbie

We need such drop in COE to cause old cars owners to scrap their old cars and buy new.

When the higher quota is released....the price will soften. Then another cycle of people scrapping their cars to buy new.

Have you convinced your wife to trade in your Jazz for the new Jetta? I'm thinking to book either the new Jetta or Elantra this weekend, but must look at how much the AD revise the prices.

Edited by Sportster

I don't think people would scrap their cars unless it's already 10years old COE or the the value if attractive enough to scrap it. I think most car owners (cars less than 5 years old) if they are planning to buy a new cars would either trade-in or sell it to 2nd hand car dealers, and these cars are sold as 2nd hand cars in local market...not likely be scrapped. So these COEs would not go back into the pool. Don't see how lower price of COE will increase the cycle, unless i'm missing something.

I don't think people would scrap their cars unless it's already 10years old COE or the the value if attractive enough to scrap it. I think most car owners (cars less than 5 years old) if they are planning to buy a new cars would either trade-in or sell it to 2nd hand car dealers, and these cars are sold as 2nd hand cars in local market...not likely be scrapped. So these COEs would not go back into the pool. Don't see how lower price of COE will increase the cycle, unless i'm missing something.

With the current high COE, i think no matter how old is the car, usually when you sell the car it will be sold as 2nd hand car in the market. Even the car already 5-6 year old. Unlikely last time when the COE was low, for cars les than 5 year old, it will be de-registered and export and car more than 5 year old, it will also be de-registered but scrap.

I will be visiting the VW showroom this weekends. Hopefully the management has come up with a revised price for the Jetta.

My wife says...if drop below $105.....then she will agree to the purchase....else not point to change car as my Jazz is only one year old. Deep down she also gian the Jetta.....but just don't want me to spend unnecessary money.

Drop? What drop? Its all relative!

These people are holding on to their cars with $10-15K COEs.

Why should they even sell now, to get another Cat A car with $48K COE? [bigcry]

↡ Advertisement